Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 01:44 It is currently 02 May 2024, 01:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 122
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37 (Online)
GPA: 3.69
WE:Consulting (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: Nov 7 Chat with ARINGO: Should I apply to MBA during R2 or wait for R1 [#permalink]
While shortlisting MBA Schools how much should one focus on the employment report ?
Eg : If post MBA target is PM/Biz Ops role in a Tech company, should one ignore applying to schools like Darden,Stern,Tuck etc considering their low employment stats in tech sector or are there any other factors that can make such schools also a viable option even with low employment rate in Tech sector ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Schools: XLRI
GPA: 3.96
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Nov 7 Chat with ARINGO: Should I apply to MBA during R2 or wait for R1 [#permalink]
good
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
what’s the drawback in the profile form7
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
I have a 710 GMAT and 8 years of oil and operations experience in India. I have strong leadership experience in elected roles and leading disaster management teams. I am an Indian Male applicant with Undergraduate in Mechanical Engineering from a tier 1 Indian Institute ( GPA 7/10). Planning to apply to European and US Schools during Dec- Feb. Could you suggest schools ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Given Kudos: 238
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38 (Online)
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Any steps/ideas on how to work towards securing a scholarship (both US universities and ISB), given that one has 10 months to apply?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
i am 27 currently and have 4 years of WE in tech. my post MBA goal is to get into product management. however in recent months and years, product management has been offered to people without MBA. some of my colleagues have landed PM role. how do i tackle this question if its ever asked in B-school interview or how do i write about it in essays?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Applicant4991 wrote:
While shortlisting MBA Schools how much should one focus on the employment report ?
Eg : If post MBA target is PM/Biz Ops role in a Tech company, should one ignore applying to schools like Darden,Stern,Tuck etc considering their low employment stats in tech sector or are there any other factors that can make such schools also a viable option even with low employment rate in Tech sector ?

When choosing MBA programs I would consider 4 factors:
1. Location
2. Brand / ranking
3. Cost
4. employers (BUT, remember, that these shcools might have lower % of tech post-MBAs, but, there are also fewer students looking for tech jobs post MBA... AMAZON/Google/Facebook recruit from all schools!)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 99
Send PM
What are the chances if someone applies for a MIM course with 3 yrs experience? Asking for Canadian universities.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Any paid services or consulting services that guarantees in getting a scholarship through application?
Send PM
Expert Reply
RamN wrote:
what’s the drawback in the profile for@ M7
If you send me your CV to shimriw@ARINGO.com I will be able to give you personal strengths and weaknesses and spend more time on yru profile than in this chat session... but in a nutshell, no international experience, not currently working for big T1 brand, and coming from a competitive pool of applicants in an extra tough year...

gopaljain wrote:
What are the chances if someone applies for a MIM course with 3 yrs experience? Asking for Canadian universities.
very slim, as the MIM programs usually look for candidates with up to 2 years of experience

Roy867 wrote:
Any paid services or consulting services that guarantees in getting a scholarship through application?

A scholarship? not for top schools. there are so many factors there... for lower-ranked schools, of course!

Originally posted by ARINGO on 07 Nov 2021, 10:08.
Last edited by ARINGO on 07 Nov 2021, 10:10, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
What is an ideal profile for a recommender? Does it vary from college to college? Recommender being the alumni helps?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ARINGO wrote:
Applicant4991 wrote:

1. Location
2. Brand / ranking
3. Cost
4. employers (BUT, remember, that these shcools might have lower % of tech post-MBAs, but, there are also fewer students looking for tech jobs post MBA... AMAZON/Google/Facebook recruit from all schools!)
Got it! Have you listed these factors priority wise ?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Applicant4991 wrote:
ARINGO wrote:
Applicant4991 wrote:

1. Location
2. Brand / ranking
3. Cost
Got it! Why you listed these factors priority wise ?
that is an individual question. my wife doesn’t like cold weather. so, in my specific case, Chicago is out of the picture, is that the same for you :)

each person has their priority and their criteria for how to choose a school. I gave my 4 , but someone else might have 5 or 6 variables and each person can give a different weight..
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 33148 [0]
Given Kudos: 5783
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
Everyone, We have around 10 more minutes left in this chat session. Ask your questions quickly
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 99
Send PM
ARINGO wrote:
very slim, as the MIM programs usually look for candidates with up to 2 years of experience

How about applying in round 2 for MIM with 2+ years of experience?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Roy867 wrote:
What is an ideal profile for a recommender? Does it vary from college to college? Recommender being the alumni helps?
it doesn’t very from business school to business school...
Ideally your boss, or someone who worked with you on a daily basis for a long time.
School alumnus? special bonus...

gopaljain wrote:

How about applying in round 2 for MIM with 2+ years of experience?

As I said, MIMs are for candidates with less than 2years. if you write a steller application, and you have a great profile, you have a chance also with 2.5Y... I know nothing about you, so hard to give you chances estimation :)

Originally posted by ARINGO on 07 Nov 2021, 10:12.
Last edited by ARINGO on 07 Nov 2021, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ARINGO wrote:
Applicant4991 wrote:
ARINGO wrote:
[quote="Applicant4991"]While shortlisting MBA Schools how much should one focus on the employment report ?

1. Location
2. Brand / ranking
3. Cost
Got it! Why you listed these factors priority wise ?
that is an individual question. my wife doesn’t like cold weather. so, in my specific case, Chicago is out of the picture, is that the same for you :)

each person has their priority and their criteria for how to choose a school. I gave my 4 , but someone else might have 5 or 6 variables and each person can give a different weight..[/quote] Hahaha..Thank you !
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4