GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Sep 2018, 10:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Official Thread: IIM-Ahmedabad PGPX 11 Aspirants (2016-17)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '17 (A), IIMA (A)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Official Thread: IIM-Ahmedabad PGPX 11 Aspirants (2016-17)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2015, 23:34
Result is out.
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2015, 01:00
Results are out. Officially Dinged :(
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2016, 14:48
I have my interview for R2 batch on 14th jan. Need feedback and suggestions for preparation from students.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, General Management
Schools: Symbiosis Institute of Business Management - Class of 2013
WE: Medicine and Health (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2016, 22:38
Hi,

I had few question regarding the course and my chances of getting through:

My profile: I am Masters in Botany and have an MBA degree (Part time) from symbiosis, Pune. I have 9+ work experience in various fields (as I struggled through my career, finally reaching where I am), currently I am working in India's top most IT company as an Assistant Manager in the life science domain. Lifescience is a very upcoming business domain and as the way I see it, it is where most of the niche outsourced business from Europe and US will come in few years. We deal with mainly regulatory reports related to pharmaceutical drugs, etc, etc.

Reason for doing MBA: Although I have done my MBA in Executive Education from SIBM, I still want to go ahead and apply for IIM. The earlier MBA helped me tremendously in shaping my personality, my career and my interpersonal and soft skills. I am looking to fastrack my career in terms of position and responsibility that I handle and the remuneration.

Queries:

a. Will my degree (Botany) and my field of experience be a hindrance for getting into IIM's, considering that most of them are engineers or are from fields which are well known, ex:- engineering, finance, manufacturing, etc.?

b. Will the course help me fast track my career in terms of position and remuneration?

c. If my company chose to sponsor the course, given that I secure admission, is it advisable to take the opportunity or just leave the company and go in for placements?

Off course, I have just started my preparations for GMAT and I have a long way to go, but if my queries and doubts are answered the preparation will be lot more comforting.

Thank you for all your help in advance.

Cheers!!!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2016, 11:34
Hi,
Here goes my profile
1.Academics
10th:85%
12th:86%
Graduation:81%(B.Sc)
Post-graduation:71%(2yr full time PGDM from XIMB)

2.Work experience:
5+yrs(till now) across FMCG/Telecom industry in Business development through channel & Sales Management.Handled business with turnover upto 60cr/annum with an on-roll team of 9 members

I am planning to take GMAT early next year and would like to know the strengths/weaknesses of my profile in the context of being considered for admissions to IIMA PGPX(assuming i manage a GMAT score at par with present batch average).Also would be helpful to have some insights on the career prospects(campus placement opportunites considering my present work-ex).
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '17 (A)

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2016, 00:29
I had an excellent experience working with gyanone, I used their services for IIMA PGPX interview preparation. I was extremely anxious about the interview process but with Swati's guidance I was able to handle all kinds of interview questions even the unexpected ones with ease.I would recommend their services to anyone looking for guidance with their MBA applications. Thanks to Gyanone I got into IIMA PGPX program .
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2017, 06:36
Top Contributor
Hello, If you're rejected this year, can you still apply the next year? Do you need to submit an additional essay?

Please contact me for super inexpensive quality private tutoring

My journey V46 and 750 -> http://gmatclub.com/forum/my-journey-to-46-on-verbal-750overall-171722.html#p1367876

Re: Official Thread: IIM-Ahmedabad PGPX 11 Aspirants (2016-17) &nbs [#permalink] 30 Mar 2017, 06:36

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 27 posts ] 

Official Thread: IIM-Ahmedabad PGPX 11 Aspirants (2016-17)

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap