GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Jun 2018, 22:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Only 3 weeks til GMAT: free resources?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Only 3 weeks til GMAT: free resources? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2017, 06:46
Hello everybody!

First of all: thank you for reading this post and helping me out.

Situation

I will take the GMAT at the 10th of May. The score I'm aiming for is 600. A week ago, I did a Practice Exam and had only 480 Q39 V19.
Given that I only have 3 weeks left for studying, and that it is my only chance (since I have an application deadline), I now ask you for advice.

Question

I was studying with the 7-day free trial of The Economist and found this very helpful. Unfortunately, I already did 10% of the content so I can't use it anymore.
However, buying a 3-month subscription is way to expensive to use for just 3 weeks.
Does anybody know a good alternative for the GMAT Tutor that is FREE?

And how many CAT's should I do in those 3 weeks? 1 for each week?

The absolute minimum score I need to earn is 550 (which is not high but I only had 6 weeks for preparation).

Any tips?

Thank you! :-D
Economist GMAT Tutor Discount CodesJamboree Discount Codese-GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Senior CR Moderator
V
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Only 3 weeks til GMAT: free resources? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2017, 08:48
If your target is just 600, then why don't you use OG books? OG books are best resource to practice.

I think that there is no free GMAT tutor. If it has, then I doubt its quality.

There is 3 weeks left, then you should take GMATPrep for score estimation. You could take it once a week. However, before taking the practice test, just make sure to prepare well to avoid wasting available useful CATs.

Actual LSAT CR bank by Broall

How to solve quadratic equations - Factor quadratic equations
Factor table with sign: The useful tool to solve polynomial inequalities
Applying AM-GM inequality into finding extreme/absolute value

New Error Log with Timer

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2017, 09:54
Hi there

Thank you for your response.

I also prepared with the Kaplan and GMAC Official books. But after using the GMAT Tutor, I realized that I learn better when I practice on the computer.

Right now I'm even using YouTube, which I find useful tool...

Posted from my mobile device
1 KUDOS received
Verbal Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Kelley '20, ISB '19
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2017, 11:59
BenGMATin wrote:
Hello everybody!

Situation

I will take the GMAT at the 10th of May. The score I'm aiming for is 600. A week ago, I did a Practice Exam and had only 480 Q39 V19.
Given that I only have 3 weeks left for studying, and that it is my only chance (since I have an application deadline), I now ask you for advice.

Question

I was studying with the 7-day free trial of The Economist and found this very helpful. Unfortunately, I already did 10% of the content so I can't use it anymore.
However, buying a 3-month subscription is way to expensive to use for just 3 weeks.

The absolute minimum score I need to earn is 550 (which is not high but I only had 6 weeks for preparation).

Any tips?

Hi BenGMATin ,
To improve by 120 points in 3 weeks will be difficult. Magoosh has a pretty decent course and it has a good ROI. Also, there is a lot of free material available in GMAT Club. For quant, you can follow Bunuel's signature.
Don't take too many practice tests and stick only to GMAT Prep. There are 6 GMAT Prep tests in total.

My 2 cents - if you are short on time, then its is advisable to take a prep course. If you are willing to invest your time and money in MBA, then you should invest a few hundred dollars in GMAT Prep.

Hope this helps!! :)

When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. - Henry Ford
The Moment You Think About Giving Up, Think Of The Reason Why You Held On So Long
+1 Kudos if you find this post helpful

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2017, 02:54
Skywalker18 wrote:
BenGMATin wrote:
Hello everybody!

Situation

Question

Any tips?

Hi BenGMATin ,
To improve by 120 points in 3 weeks will be difficult. Magoosh has a pretty decent course and it has a good ROI. Also, there is a lot of free material available in GMAT Club. For quant, you can follow Bunuel's signature.
Don't take too many practice tests and stick only to GMAT Prep. There are 6 GMAT Prep tests in total.

My 2 cents - if you are short on time, then its is advisable to take a prep course. If you are willing to invest your time and money in MBA, then you should invest a few hundred dollars in GMAT Prep.

Hope this helps!! :)

Hi!

Thank you for your advice.

But my goal is not to be admitted to an MBA. My goal is to be admitted to a MSc that costs about 2000 euro's of tuition fees (and not 50000 like with an MBA).
Given that I only have 3 weeks left to study, I think it is expensive to buy a subscription...
Top Contributor
1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
S

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2017, 10:20
Top Contributor
For free resources, you can use this online question bank: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-test/

For online practice CAT test: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... ctice-test

Remember, the most important part is to actually learn from the mistakes you make. Simply going through questions without reviewing won't help.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
S
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: Erasmus '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V36
GPA: 2.8

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2017, 10:41
Hi there,

I think the best free resources are:

- 1 free manhattan CAT, (they offer good explanation on the quants, the quants are more difficult than gmat quants but understanding the concepts there will boost your scores)

- e-gmat free tutorial will be helpful to review basics on verbal

- gmatclub questions will be very helpful too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
V
GPA: 3.39
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2017, 11:57
Free resources

1. GMATprepNow complete videos course on Youtube
2. Veritas prep android/ios app with free practice and free videos course
3. Magoosh solution of all OG questions by Video On youtube
4. Thursday with Ron on Manhattan website

Official PS Practice Questions
Press +1 Kudos if this post is helpful

Re: Only 3 weeks til GMAT: free resources?   [#permalink] 03 May 2017, 11:57

Only 3 weeks til GMAT: free resources?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap