Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 07:10 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 07:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 2: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 3: 620 Q44 V31
WE:Other (Transportation)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Status:I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul!!
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Sustainability
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
vas4869 wrote:
Hello guys,
Congratulations to all those who got accepted for the 2017 intake! Kudos.
I have one quick question. I am starting out my application for the 2nd round and was wondering if 640 was a GMAT score to go in with? I still have about 2 months to apply so i could retake the test.
Also, i have a work ex of almost 8 years as an Engineer working onboard cargo ships. I couldn't submitted the assessment form on the Ivey website as i am on satellite internet right now (but i somehow am able to post this question on gmatclub), hence i couldn't get a clear picture of how competetive my GMAT score was.
Oh, i also happen to be Indian (for demographic purposes).
Perhaps, those who got selected could please enlighten me about their scores.
Cheers and thanks
Vivek

Posted from my mobile device

From what I spoke with representatives from Canadian schools, including Ivey, 640 is a competitive score (I also scored 640). But if you are looking to finance and consulting jobs after graduation, then you should retake the test aiming for 700, since recruiters from those industries do look into the GMAT score of applicants.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2018(March 2017 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
squall wrote:
vas4869 wrote:
Hello guys,
I have one quick question. I am starting out my application for the 2nd round and was wondering if 640 was a GMAT score to go in with? I still have about 2 months to apply so i could retake the test.
Also, i have a work ex of almost 8 years as an Engineer working onboard cargo ships. I couldn't submitted the assessment form on the Ivey website as i am on satellite internet right now (but i somehow am able to post this question on gmatclub), hence i couldn't get a clear picture of how competetive my GMAT score was.
Cheers and thanks
Vivek

From what I spoke with representatives from Canadian schools, including Ivey, 640 is a competitive score (I also scored 640). But if you are looking to finance and consulting jobs after graduation, then you should retake the test aiming for 700, since recruiters from those industries do look into the GMAT score of applicants.

Thanks for that prompt reply Squall. Good to know that 640 is competetive enough to get in. Did you get selected?
Thanks again mate! Cheers.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
vas4869 wrote:
squall wrote:
vas4869 wrote:
Hello guys,
Cheers and thanks
Vivek

Thanks for that prompt reply Squall. Good to know that 640 is competetive enough to get in. Did you get selected?

Hey vas4869: I second what squall mentioned earlier.

640 is a decent score at Canadian schools, and is definitely competitive if you have 8 years of work experience. The 7XX score is more of an unsaid criterion mostly only at MBB Consulting companies and the Big 4 Banks for some of the most popular roles (read IB, PE, HF).

I myself applied with a 640 and with 7.5 years of work experience; I have an admit from Ivey. Demographically, I belong to the Indian applicant pool as well. Considering that your work experience is not the 'usual' IT desk job, you have a much higher chance of converting. Make sure you have stellar essays and LORs, and show some decent work experience outside of 'work'. Feel free to post any questions you have, or you can PM me as well. All the best with your application.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks a lot Jeet. You have abated my doubt. Congratulations. I shall make sure to put in my best towards the essays and LORs. And your post regarding the video essays was quite helpful too. Thanks. I'll PM you.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
vas4869 wrote:
squall wrote:
vas4869 wrote:
Hello guys,
Cheers and thanks
Vivek

Not yet, I did my interview last Tuesday and they told me to expect about 3 weeks for the decision... Fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Ivey '18 (A$)
Send PM
I submitted my application on April 17th, and had my skype interview on April 26th. But up to now, I haven't heard any further news from Ivey Recruitment Team. Can anyone shed a light on the regular period that Ivey takes to issue an offer from the skype interview? Thanks...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
toddit wrote:
I submitted my application on April 17th, and had my skype interview on April 26th. But up to now, I haven't heard any further news from Ivey Recruitment Team. Can anyone shed a light on the regular period that Ivey takes to issue an offer from the skype interview? Thanks...

They told me to expect the decision in about 3 weeks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
vas4869 wrote:
Thanks a lot Jeet. You have abated my doubt. Congratulations. I shall make sure to put in my best towards the essays and LORs. And your post regarding the video essays was quite helpful too. Thanks. I'll PM you.

Glad I was able to answer your queries. And glad that you found my post on video essays helpful. Thanks for the kudos :) :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Send PM
squall wrote:
toddit wrote:

They told me to expect the decision in about 3 weeks.

Hey toddit - Don't worry any bit about the 'delay'. Please do not consider my timeline as standard. We have an already admitted student who applied early in R1, and still it took 27days for IVEY to turn around with a decision.

And from what I understand based on my discussion with an IVEY adcom, the later parts of R1 is busy season. Hence they have a lot more applications to evaluate. Please consider 3-4 weeks turn around, relax and enjoy the phase. I wish you all the best while you are awaiting your results. Please keep us posted. Hope to have you onboard soon :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: General Management
Schools: NTU '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
Had my interview on the 4th with a member of the career services team. Lasted for about an hour and was asked a mix of questions that included the usual tell me about yourself, why mba, why Canada, why Ivey and several behavioral questions..

The interviewer did a great job in making the entire discussion very conversational :)

Should be expecting a decision in about 2 weeks..

Much time, such restless, so nervous :|
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
mbaexpress wrote:
Had my interview on the 4th with a member of the career services team. Lasted for about an hour and was asked a mix of questions that included the usual tell me about yourself, why mba, why Canada, why Ivey and several behavioral questions..

The interviewer did a great job in making the entire discussion very conversational :)

All the best. I have my interview on 24th
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
pagansensei wrote:
mbaexpress wrote:

Good luck with your interview. Do prepare, but also know that they make the interviews feel very comfortable and fluid. It's going to feel a lot more like an exploratory conversation than a series of set questions where they want you to hit certain talking points.

mbaexpress, I've got my fingers crossed for you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SpareTime wrote:
pagansensei wrote:
mbaexpress wrote:

Good luck with your interview. Do prepare, but also know that they make the interviews feel very comfortable and fluid. It's going to feel a lot more like an exploratory conversation than a series of set questions where they want you to hit certain talking points.

mbaexpress, I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks a lot guys!!

Pagansensei..I agree with sparetime. It was a very smooth discussion with a conversational tone. Also, update yourself with the recent developments in the business world in the areas of your interest! All the very best :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ivey '18 (A$)
Send PM
Hi guys, I received a call from Julia on May 5th for the Admission and 10K scholarship+15K LIBRO loan. I think I will take this offer and thanks so much for your previous help and advice for the video interview.
By the way, they also offered 12000 CDN for the campus visit, does anyone know about it? The fees will only cover flight or everything including food and car rental?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
Man if they offered you 12,000 for the visit you need to stop asking questions and jump on it!

Jk, I'm assuming you mean 1200, which I believe is the number for international students. They don't provide any hotels or anything, but they do reimburse up to that number. I think hotels are eligible for reimbursement but I'm not sure, because my flight alone was over the limit.

Anyhow, hope to see you in the class soon. Congrats on the offer!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
toddit wrote:
Hi guys, I received a call from Julia on May 5th for the Admission and 10K scholarship+15K LIBRO loan. I think I will take this offer and thanks so much for your previous help and advice for the video interview.
By the way, they also offered 12000 CDN for the campus visit, does anyone know about it? The fees will only cover flight or everything including food and car rental?

Thanks

Oh wow..they offered 12k for a campus visit? :shock: That's awesome!!

Congratulations on your admission :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can someone tell me how the decisions are given out - mails or calls?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts