Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 09:29 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 09:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Hi Keats

I am presently considering to apply to Duke but need some feedback on my profile. I would be really glad if you could help me with this.

Below is a brief on my profile:
Work Ex : Over 3 years ( Consulting, Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing)
GMAT : 710( Q49,V37,IR5,AWA-5)
Academic background : BA. ECO(H) from Delhi University.( Distinction)

If needed, I can post the specifics about my profile.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Sagarkalra92 wrote:
Hi Keats

I am presently considering to apply to Duke but need some feedback on my profile. I would be really glad if you could help me with this.

Below is a brief on my profile:
Work Ex : Over 3 years ( Consulting, Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing)
GMAT : 710( Q49,V37,IR5,AWA-5)
Academic background : BA. ECO(H) from Delhi University.( Distinction)

If needed, I can post the specifics about my profile.

Sagarkalra92

Your GMAT score looks very much in the 80% range at Fuqua and I'm sure that a distinction at UG will definitely help you in getting some $$ at Fuqua. It'd be quite tough to comment without learning about the nitty-gritty of your professional working experience. If you think you have had quite some leadership/team based experiences while at work/ off-work that you can talk about, I think you are good to go! Although 3 years of work experience is slightly low in comparison with the average work experience at Fuqua, remember that there are candidates on both sides of the # of average years of work experience.

Additionally, the case too depends on how unique you are in comparison with the pool of the candidates from your geography and background who are applying at Fuqua! So, don't forget to differentiate yourself.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
Hi keats

I would kove to share my work profile with you to get more views on my strong areas and what akl will be required to make my application competitive enough.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Sagarkalra92 wrote:
Hi keats

I would kove to share my work profile with you to get more views on my strong areas and what akl will be required to make my application competitive enough.

Posted from my mobile device

Sure Sagarkalra92

You can do so in PM! Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Hi,

Has any female filled the questionnaire for Weekend for Women by fuqua? I am confused as to what this means for the application process?Do we need to only fill the questionnaire and answer one essay question to be considered for Full time MBA and skip the normal routine of the application process? What about recommendations, since they are not the part of questionnaire. Generally speaking, if we still have to complete the application (answering 25 random facts and other questions), is it beneficial to fill this questionnaire? Would be really helpful to get answers from alums and from someone who has attended the event as well. Thanks a bunch!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
djain0702 wrote:
Hi,

Has any female filled the questionnaire for Weekend for Women by fuqua? I am confused as to what this means for the application process?Do we need to only fill the questionnaire and answer one essay question to be considered for Full time MBA and skip the normal routine of the application process? What about recommendations, since they are not the part of questionnaire. Generally speaking, if we still have to complete the application (answering 25 random facts and other questions), is it beneficial to fill this questionnaire? Would be really helpful to get answers from alums and from someone who has attended the event as well. Thanks a bunch!

Hey djain,
From what I understand the Weekend for Women is a 3 day event where you'll get to visit Fuqua, learn more about AWIB, and interact with women and others on campus. I believe the questionnaire is solely for the weekend and has no bearing on your actual application to Fuqua, as you can be selected to attend the weekend but choose not to apply to Fuqua.

If you do end up deciding to apply to Fuqua, you will still have to submit letters of recommendation, etc to have a complete application for submission.

By and large, the weekend will be an opportunity for you to see if Fuqua is a good option for you. If you have the time and the means to attend, this and other events like it will only help you as you move through the bschool app process imho.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Tuck '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
helloschool wrote:
Anyone scheduled the on-campus interview in Oct? I didn't see any available time slots in Oct, but only several in Sep. Are they full booked?

I'll be interviewing on the 6th. Anyone else going to be in Durham then?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
helloschool wrote:
Anyone scheduled the on-campus interview in Oct? I didn't see any available time slots in Oct, but only several in Sep. Are they full booked?

any thoughts?
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
Schools: Tuck '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
In for EA! I didnt sign up for the open interview as I dont stay in US. How are the interview invitations sent? At one go or in waves?
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
Need some help folks!
I did not have an unofficial GMAT score report available with me while submitting the application and neither had I submitted my GMAT score to Fuqua prior to this. So I've just sent it out to Fuqua right now on the code mentioned in the application portal. I've written to application-processing@fuqua.duke.edu attaching a confirmation from GMAC and also mentioned my application pin in the email. The confirmation from GMAC Payment Receipt says the report would be sent within 7 days but the the confirmation email says "Please allow three weeks for a program to receive your score report" :/ Now I'm worried if my application will be recognised as complete or not! :( Also, is the email id - application-processing@fuqua.duke.edu - the correct recipient for such conversations?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
Send PM
nikhil.jones.s wrote:
Need some help folks!
I did not have an unofficial GMAT score report available with me while submitting the application and neither had I submitted my GMAT score to Fuqua prior to this. So I've just sent it out to Fuqua right now on the code mentioned in the application portal. I've written to application-processing@fuqua.duke.edu attaching a confirmation from GMAC and also mentioned my application pin in the email. The confirmation from GMAC Payment Receipt says the report would be sent within 7 days but the the confirmation email says "Please allow three weeks for a program to receive your score report" :/ Now I'm worried if my application will be recognised as complete or not! :( Also, is the email id - application-processing@fuqua.duke.edu - the correct recipient for such conversations?

nikhil.jones.s I will recommend that you reach out to the adcom via a telephonic call asap, regarding this issue, they will guide you accordingly and you won't be worried about the outcome afterwards.
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
rajeshrkv wrote:
nikhil.jones.s wrote:
Need some help folks!

nikhil.jones.s I will recommend that you reach out to the adcom via a telephonic call asap, regarding this issue, they will guide you accordingly and you won't be worried about the outcome afterwards.

Thanks for the advise. I got an email from them saying that "Your application would be considered incomplete without your official score report from the test centre. You have up to 7 days after the deadline for your report to arrive. If not, you will be moved to the next round." However, the good part is that GMAC has already sent my report to the school (they claim "within" 7 days). So I'm well within the limits now.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
Send PM
That's a relief.... Best of luck buddy!!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
sankrityayan wrote:
@makeitlarge- Hey! I too am applying in the EA. how far along in the process are you?

Hey - I didn't see this post. I submitted my application today. How about you?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
Send PM
Guys, I submitted mine yesterday too (for EA). Such a load off my back.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: Duke '19
GMAT 1: 470 Q50 V39
Send PM
A quick question about reporting GMAT test scores. I know that Fuqua, and other schools, mention a school code, but while mentioning the additional schools on the GMAT site there was no option of searching by code or looking at a code post searching by name. I just want to make sure that I am doing this the correct way.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Fuqua Student Blogs: 6 Ways to Maximize Your MBA Internship
Since graduating in May, I have started my job at Dell in Austin—which is also where my MBA internship was. Recently an MBA from Fuqua who interned in my office this summer asked me to review his final presentation and give him feedback. It took me back to a year ago when I was in the same situation as him, wrapping up my internship and getting ready to come back to Durham for my second year.

I was reminded that life during business school goes by so quickly that sometimes you lose sight of the big picture. So I wanted to share some tips and advice on how to think about your career goals and to have a successful MBA internship experience.

1. Network, Network, and Network
If you think the networking sessions, coffee chats, and “sip circles” were over after you secured your internship you are wrong! Networking is what will set you apart from other interns, and it can open the doors to other teams and areas inside your company that you haven’t thought about.

2. Make Friends
https://blogs.fuqua.duke.edu/duke-mba/w ... 00x300.jpg
Attending the Blues on the Green concert series
Don’t be so busy focusing on your project that you forget to make new friends. Also, open up your circle beyond your Fuqua friends that are interning with you. Realize that if you end up coming back as a full-time employee you want to have some friends and connections already formed.

3. Enjoy the City
If you like your internship and decide to return full-time, you will have already some experience and even some favorite spots to come back to! However, if you decide not to come back, this may be the only time you will have to live and explore this new city. Don’t miss that chance!

4. Don’t Stress
Getting the internship can be a tough process, filled with rejections and a self-discovery process. So it’s understandable that once you get it, you want to do your best and give a recommendation that would change the company you are interning in. However, don’t forget the internship is only 10 to 12 weeks and there is a limit on what you can do. Focus on giving your best, but don’t worry too much if your final recommendation is not “life-changing.”

5. Remember You’re Also Testing Out the Company for a Fit
https://blogs.fuqua.duke.edu/duke-mba/w ... 00x300.jpg
River boat tour of the city
Sometimes we get so caught up in our project and getting the full-time offer that we forget to ask ourselves: Do I really like this company? Do I like this team? Do I see myself living here? What is important for me?

For example, I like to travel and I want to be able to do it when I can, so the option to work remotely and/or from home was an important feature for me. Find what is important for you and test it during your internship.

6. Don’t be Discouraged if You Don’t Get a Full-time Offer
There is no secret recipe to get the offer: you are already smart enough and if you do your best, network, and make a good impression you will probably get it. However, sometimes there are things outside of our control such as headcount, a hiring freeze, even changes in sponsorship for international students. So, don’t be discouraged if you don’t get the offer. Recruiting starts again during the second year of your MBA and presents new opportunities to find something you love!

As a recent graduate, I have been working for about a couple months now. Life after the MBA can be tough, because Fuqua is so awesome you never want that experience to end! However, I was lucky enough to find a company and a role that I liked, in a good city, and with the work-life balance that I was looking for. My MBA internship helped me understand that this was what I wanted, so use your internship the same way and then have fun during your final MBA year at Fuqua!

The post 6 Ways to Maximize Your MBA Internship appeared first on Duke Daytime MBA Student Blog.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts