It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 07:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 17

Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2016, 06:37
Hi Guys,

A quick question - in the application form there is a section for “Current courses” under the “Undergraduate Degree Conferring Institution” tab.
Can I mention about CFA and Coursera certifications I am currently pursuing or is it strictly for undergrad course work?

Thanks a mil,

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 17

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [2] , given: 0

Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Duke '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 4
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2016, 07:56
This post received
KUDOS
Jawss wrote:
Hi Guys,

A quick question - in the application form there is a section for “Current courses” under the “Undergraduate Degree Conferring Institution” tab.
Can I mention about CFA and Coursera certifications I am currently pursuing or is it strictly for undergrad course work?

Thanks a mil,

Hi Jawss, yes, you should record that information in the Current Courses section. I asked the same question to an Admission Team member and they want to know all the courses that we are taking.

Good Luck!

Sent from my LG-H815 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 2 [2] , given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Schools: Duke '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2016, 08:50
I haven't mentioned about my CFA course. I am a level 3 candidate and have already submitted my application. What can I do?
FrancoP wrote:
Jawss wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks a mil,

Hi Jawss, yes, you should record that information in the Current Courses section. I asked the same question to an Admission Team member and they want to know all the courses that we are taking.

Good Luck!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2016, 15:26
Hi Guys!

I just received a "Important information about your Duke Application" email from Duke for the second time. If you recall - we all received a email like that on the 27th when the interview decision message was sent for EA (I had got a decline).

I received a second message like that today. I had a feeling that it might be because they changed my status and are inviting me for the interview now. However the portal still contains only the 'interview decline' notification from the 27th.

I am just curious to know what could this be for - a technical glitch or should I just wait for sometime and check back again?

Really excited and seriously worried at the same time (The crazy emotions a MBA application makes you go through :-P)!

Please do let me know if any of you have received such a second notification! Thank you so much!

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2016, 15:35
jogi159 wrote:
CrackuM7 wrote:
Anyone applying in R1?

Yes, I just did. Are you applying too?

working on essay. final touches

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 19

GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2016, 18:17
Zizad wrote:
Hi Guys!

I just received a "Important information about your Duke Application" email from Duke for the second time. If you recall - we all received a email like that on the 27th when the interview decision message was sent for EA (I had got a decline).

I received a second message like that today. I had a feeling that it might be because they changed my status and are inviting me for the interview now. However the portal still contains only the 'interview decline' notification from the 27th.

I am just curious to know what could this be for - a technical glitch or should I just wait for sometime and check back again?

Really excited and seriously worried at the same time (The crazy emotions a MBA application makes you go through :-P)!

Please do let me know if any of you have received such a second notification! Thank you so much!

I received the exact same mail but there is no update in the decision. May be this is a sample test mail gone awfully delayed ?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 19

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2016, 21:35
rajeshrkv wrote:
Zizad wrote:
Hi Guys!

I received the exact same mail but there is no update in the decision. May be this is a sample test mail gone awfully delayed ?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Hey - I have dropped Duke a email to be sure. Will update you once I hear back from them :-(!

Sent from my A0001 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Kudos [?]: 187 [0], given: 79

Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2016, 23:13
That was a technical glitch. Most of the people have got two copies of the same e mail. So, you can ignore that Zizad!

Kudos [?]: 187 [0], given: 79

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2016, 23:45
Ah ok. Thanks for letting us know Keats!

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 21

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V44
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2016, 07:11
CrackuM7 wrote:
jogi159 wrote:
CrackuM7 wrote:
Anyone applying in R1?

Yes, I just did. Are you applying too?

working on essay. final touches

+1. Hope to scrape through before the deadline.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2016, 12:21
Round 1 app submitted. Good luck all!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Manager
Manager

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V44
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2016, 14:01
Phew! Just submitted my R1 Application :D

Good luck everyone.

Query: When I view the HTML preview of my completed application, answers appear clearly and as I had entered them on the portal. However, when I preview the PDF version of the completed application (watermarked "Applicant Copy"), I've noticed that a few of the answers I had typed into the portal have been partially truncated/do not appear completely in the boxes provided. This is particularly noticeable in the "Leadership Experiences and Community Involvement" section of the preview, in which multiple answers appear truncated.

Is this happening to anyone else? Do I need to be concerned?

Expert Post
SVP
SVP
B

Kudos [?]: 569 [0], given: 345

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2016, 15:45
jogi159 wrote:
I haven't mentioned about my CFA course. I am a level 3 candidate and have already submitted my application. What can I do?
FrancoP wrote:
Jawss wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks a mil,

Good Luck!

Hey, if you have an interview invite talk about it then and/or keep it in your back pocket should you need to send an app update later on in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Note: I do not complete individual profile reviews. Please use the Admissions Consultant or Peer Review forums to get feedback on your profile.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 569 [0], given: 345

Intern
Intern

Schools: Duke '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2016, 03:49
Unable to sign in to my Duke NetID page. After I press the sign in, page goes blank and that's it. it Anyone else facing the problem?

IE Thread Master
B

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V40
GRE 1: 325 Q161 V164
GPA: 3.7
WE: General Management (Telecommunications)
Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2016, 08:32
npgolf wrote:
Round 1 app submitted. Good luck all!

Hi npgolf, goodluck to you too

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GPA: 3.75
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2016, 16:33
Hormazd91 wrote:
Query: When I view the HTML preview of my completed application, answers appear clearly and as I had entered them on the portal. However, when I preview the PDF version of the completed application (watermarked "Applicant Copy"), I've noticed that a few of the answers I had typed into the portal have been partially truncated/do not appear completely in the boxes provided. This is particularly noticeable in the "Leadership Experiences and Community Involvement" section of the preview, in which multiple answers appear truncated.

Is this happening to anyone else? Do I need to be concerned?

In for R1 as well!
I had the same exact issue in the Leadership/Community section. Wouldn't be too concerned.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 06:32
Does anyone know what time the result is typically posted at on the decision notification date?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 4
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 09:21
siyadhawan wrote:
Does anyone know what time the result is typically posted at on the decision notification date?

Last year they called before noon EST. Good luck!

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

A Supportive Network for Fuqua Families [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 14:00
FROM Fuqua Student Blogs: A Supportive Network for Fuqua Families
Our family first arrived in Durham in July 2015 for the start of my husband’s MBA. I was sitting in a hotel room with our 3-month-old baby and realized that we had no car and no friends. The only people in the U.S. I could connect with were strangers on Fuqua student Facebook groups.

I wrote a post on the Fuqua Partners’ page asking if anyone could give us a ride to the mall. Within 10 minutes, I got a reply from an incoming student. Not only did his family let us use their second car, but they also invited us to meet for lunch following the trip to the store. That was when I realized what ‘Fuqua Family’ meant and how great it was to become a member of such a caring student community. But that was just the beginning!

I met my Fuqua Family at large during the orientation week for partners. Before coming to Durham, I did not know that there was one offered for partners in addition to the program orientation students go through. Orientation was amazing! Second-year partners did their best to tell, show, and make us feel that we are not alone, and that there are friends here we could share great memories with. The entire following month we had tours around campus, Durham, attended various social events from ‘Paint and Wine’ to popular games like football and basketball.

https://blogs.fuqua.duke.edu/duke-mba/w ... 24x510.jpg

Once we became friends during orientation, we continued exploring the local area and culture together. Before coming to the United States I was so worried that I would have to stay home alone with my daughter, without friends, and have nothing to do. That has not been the case! Sometimes my busy student would come home and we were not there: we had our own busy schedule. That’s why they say that partners experience “All the Fuqua fun minus homework.” That is so true!

https://blogs.fuqua.duke.edu/duke-mba/w ... 00x300.jpg
Fuqua offers great activities for partners with and without kids. Shortly after arriving in Durham, I started going to playdates organized by Fuqua Families. We met every week in different playgrounds around Durham. This was another great opportunity to socialize with other moms, dads, and caregivers while the children played. If someone asked my daughter what she has liked the most about Fuqua, I guess that she would say: “collecting candy during Halloween and meeting Santa Claus on Christmas.”

Yes, Fuqua Families does provide such fun for our little ones! On Halloween during Fuqua Friday in the main hall of the building, volunteers in costumes give kids candy and other sweets. It was so much fun last year. My daughter was a pink flamingo. And during Christmas, Fuqua Families invited Santa Claus to give candy to kids next to the Christmas tree, where everyone took pictures.

Besides these two main events, we had a Spring Festival for Fuqua Families with games, prizes and music, Strawberry picking in the spring, pumpkin picking in the fall, and many playdates at museums and parks around the year. So, when the time came to decide what role I would like to have in the Fuqua Partners Cabinet I knew that co-chairing Fuqua Families was where I belonged. Motivating people to come to playdates and enjoy times out with friends, rather than sitting at home has been a rewarding experience.

These initiatives and activities are only a part of what Fuqua Families does so that both students and partners feel at home, cared, and supported. The greater Duke community beyond Fuqua offers even more, and as each new class of Fuqua Partners is welcomed to Durham, we also welcome their new ideas for the group.

https://blogs.fuqua.duke.edu/duke-mba/w ... 24x683.jpg

The post A Supportive Network for Fuqua Families appeared first on Duke Daytime MBA Student Blog.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2016, 08:51
Looks like EA decisions are coming out. Just saw one pop up on Livewire! Good luck you all!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 18 Oct 2016, 08:51

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  29    Next  [ 566 posts ]