Last visit was: 09 Jun 2024, 06:14 It is currently 09 Jun 2024, 06:14
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.22
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [4]
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
I'm panicking hardcore, no interview invite and only
one last chance, not promising at all. Only silver lining is that it seems the sentiment across the board is that they seem to be distributing amongst the 3 dates, and no 2+2 till later. This is my second attempt at this so I the heartbreak will be real.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [3]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Kudos
Javvad wrote:
one last chance, not promising at all. Only silver lining is that it seems the sentiment across the board is that they seem to be distributing amongst the 3 dates, and no 2+2 till later. This is my second attempt at this so I the heartbreak will be real.

HBS would be an amazing place for anyone and I know how much sweat and tears we put into our applications - but to keep things in perspective, any business school (including HBS) should only be seen as a place that will "accelerate" us to where we ultimately may want to be, but by no means is it the only way to get there. What drives each of us is our passion - whatever that may be. HBS, no matter how amazing, is not an "end" to itself. For the vast majority of us who will not be admitted, this application process has been an invaluable opportunity to reflect upon ourselves and the paths that we have each chosen to walk.

Anyway, long story short - don't be heartbroken if you don't get in - in the long lives that we each will live, there will be real tears and heartaches - this likely will not be one of them.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 49
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.22
Send PM
Kudos
Javvad wrote:

I feel your anxiety. Trust I know what it feels like. I applied for the second time myself. Here's to hoping that what you're saying is true. Definitely feel the same pinch though. You are not alone.

All the very best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
CJH2015 wrote:
Javvad wrote:

HBS would be an amazing place for anyone and I know how much sweat and tears we put into our applications - but to keep things in perspective, any business school (including HBS) should only be seen as a place that will "accelerate" us to where we ultimately may want to be, but by no means is it the only way to get there. What drives each of us is our passion - whatever that may be. HBS, no matter how amazing, is not an "end" to itself. For the vast majority of us who will not be admitted, this application process has been an invaluable opportunity to reflect upon ourselves and the paths that we have each chosen to walk.

Anyway, long story short - don't be heartbroken if you don't get in - in the long lives that we each will live, there will be real tears and heartaches - this likely will not be one of them.

Thank you for that perspective. So important to keep as we all go through this process.

I'm very nervous and somewhat shattered that I haven't gotten an invite so far. Put my heart and soul into this, and I'm supremely passionate about what I do and my career goals. But what will stay with us is our passion and life will give real pains, like you said.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
jole101 wrote:
Received an invite 11:59 EST

Happy for you man, congrats!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
No invites sent to FMCG/CPG guys yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
ShellyGreen: Current or planned industry? I think I saw someone in the chatroom who was in CPG and got an invite (they said they got one and I GC-stalked them)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Current industry!

(Although my post MBA intended industry is also same)....

Could you connect me to the person if possible please?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys, can someone post a summary of invites till now? which industry, geography, age etc?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Yes please, that would be very helpful. Am in the dark right as to what is actually going on with theses admits, only data is the small sample size available on clear admit

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey all,

I'd like to hear what people think is going to happen tomorrow regarding invites, since there's been so much conflicting info swimming around. I know that in years past the majority of invites have been sent on the first day, however so far this year, only 8% of R1 applicants on gmat club have been invited. Over the past three years, this number has held steady at 18%. Based on this data, am I correct to assume that the difference will be made up tomorrow? Is there something I'm missing here?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Cakemoss1 wrote:
Hey all,

I'd like to hear what people think is going to happen tomorrow regarding invites, since there's been so much conflicting info swimming around. I know that in years past the majority of invites have been sent on the first day, however so far this year, only 8% of R1 applicants on gmat club have been invited. Over the past three years, this number has held steady at 18%. Based on this data, am I correct to assume that the difference will be made up tomorrow? Is there something I'm missing here?

I'd say the sample size is too small to confidently deduce anything. It's all speculation too.

All we know is that invites, further consideration and releases are tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's invites.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
Cakemoss1 wrote:
Hey all,

I'm clinging to that thought. I mean it seems logical based on gmat club stats. However, I have read so different opinions in P&Q, some have the feeling that invites so far are the same as last year and others think that they are being evenly sent in the three dates. I guess no one really knows in the end, so I'm just crossing fingers for tomorrow.

Good luck for everyone waiting for an invite.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [1]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 2.4
Send PM
Kudos
I understand everyone wants to attend HBS and everyone has put tremendous effort into their round 1 applications, but it's nice out today at least where I am and I think many people here are over-analyzing the admissions process, which changes every year and is kept secret.

It's possible things this year are just way more competitive.

1) Application numbers have steadily risen since the 08' housing market crash.

2) There's a lot more publications and data now that suggests the ROI for an MBA is only worth it if you attend a high ranked school. This is obvious if you look at the accept rates for schools as you go higher up in rankings, just look at the stats for Stanford in the past couple years.

3) It's possibly the best time in U.S history to apply to law school, and the worst time to graduate. As law schools are at an all time low for applicants (because of a poor job market), many extremely qualified and smart college graduates who would have otherwise gone to law school are instead opting for an MBA. I would not be surprised to see HBS' accept rate, much like Stanford's, to drop from 11% to 5-8%. Bottom line is this the dearth of interview invites may be indicative of a much more highly competitive application pool, and not some change to invite frequency.

Sent from my SM-G928T using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Hey guys, one question for you:

I´ve read in many websites that the chances of receiving an offer after you get an invite to interview is roughly 55-60% (Is this really correct?). Do you think that all the candidates that were invited to interview have the same odds of getting in or even if you do poorly on the interview day they´ll still look into the whole application before making a decision?

Thanks for your input! I was really surprised after I received the invitation to interview and I'd like to know what my chances are...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Kudos
santamaria wrote:
Hey guys, one question for you:

I´ve read in many websites that the chances of receiving an offer after you get an invite to interview is roughly 55-60% (Is this really correct?). Do you think that all the candidates that were invited to interview have the same odds of getting in or even if you do poorly on the interview day they´ll still look into the whole application before making a decision?

Thanks for your input! I was really surprised after I received the invitation to interview and I'd like to know what my chances are...

Your interview 100% matters. Congratulations on your invite to interview, this means they are interested enough to learn more about you. Unlike other interviews where it is alumni based, HBS is done by Admissions. This means that they are looking to gather more information to make a decision. I would prepare accordingly, it is a huge day.

Again, congratulations on your invite. Hoping for one tomorrow ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
The silver lining of this is that the nervous waiting , speculation , and guessing will be over tomm...have an answer one way or the other

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts