Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 20:34 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [17]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [3]
Given Kudos: 199
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard (HBS) Applicants Class of 2020 (2018 intake) [#permalink]
Kudos
Once again Thanks, Bridgeur and aeropower for the wonderful session.

HBS aspirants - Please feel free to use this thread to post your questions related to HBS admissions.
Re: Calling all Harvard (HBS) Applicants Class of 2020 (2018 intake) [#permalink]
ydmuley wrote:
I'm pleased to inform that we will be conducting a chat with the Harvard Business School Admits(Class of 2019) on Monday(August 21st 2017)

Monday,August 21: Live Q&A with Harvard Business School Admits Class of 2019

CHAT ROOM 2: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat2.php?fl=menu

Dear Applicants, We will conduct a live chat with Class of 2019 new admits to Harvard Business School, at 7:30am Pacific on Monday, August 21st 2017. We hope all of you will attend this chat. I hope you utilize this opportunity to ask your questions about the school, application process and anything else that will help you make a strong case for admission this year.

Date and Time:

August 21, 2017 | Monday | 7:30am Pacific / 8pm Indian time / 2.30pm GMT

Place:

Chat Room2

Add this event to your Google calendar.

Is there a transcript of this? Thanks!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Two weeks to go!! How is everyone doing? I am currently on draft two of my essay...I think I'll probably only need one more draft because I am feeling pretty good about what I have...still...I'm starting to feel the pressure of that deadline. Hope everything is going well for all of you too!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:
Two weeks to go!! How is everyone doing? I am currently on draft two of my essay...I think I'll probably only need one more draft because I am feeling pretty good about what I have...still...I'm starting to feel the pressure of that deadline. Hope everything is going well for all of you too!

Wow! That is a great progress! You have two more weeks to complete the second draft, should be more than enough if you are confident with the first one.

It is unlikely that I will apply for R1, will target for R2 as GMAT hurdle yet to be crossed :-)

Wish you all the best FuturePM91
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Anyone here applying to the MS/MBA dual degree? I'm not sure how how much technical stuff I should be dropping in the second essay since I'm not an engineer by trade or training (did Math in college). The main essay is a straight up story but should the second essay be more expository?

Thanks
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Just finished my second draft too. I have been buried with work and essays for so many schools. I'll post updates to all the school forums i'm in. See you guys soon.

Also: for HBS and GSB applicants, how much of common content are you using for the essays?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Retired Moderator
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
Just finished my second draft too. I have been buried with work and essays for so many schools. I'll post updates to all the school forums i'm in. See you guys soon.

Also: for HBS and GSB applicants, how much of common content are you using for the essays?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Great to know that souvik101990 - You are almost set! Looking forward to the updates. All d best!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Who else is targeting for HBS R1? and How are the Essays coming up?
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
ydmuley wrote:

Man, being an Indian male, an interview invite from HBS is almost impossible. But tell you what, if I do land that, beers for everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Retired Moderator
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
ydmuley wrote:

Man, being an Indian male, an interview invite from HBS is almost impossible. But tell you what, if I do land that, beers for everyone!

Ha Ha.. I do understand! But you have a strong profile and over all best wishes of GMAT Club Family are with you...! :thumbup:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
ydmuley wrote:

Although I am not an Indian male, I completely agree...getting the interview will be huge for someone with my GPA, and if I do get to the interview stage I think I will feel ok with not getting in...don't get me wrong I would be ecstatic to get in...but getting an interview will make me feel like I have made my absolute best case so if the ultimate answer is no I would be at peace with that...not getting an interview will just feel incomplete you know? Fingers crossed for all of us!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.66
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
When re-applying, do you have to purchase and send a GMAT score report to the school a second time or will they still have the previous one?

Also, are there any special formatting considerations for the HBS (or any other program) essay? Do you number pages, put your name on the text, add the prompt question at the top, etc.?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM