Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:13 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [3]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2853 [1]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2148 [0]
Given Kudos: 276
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
egmat CR reasoning review [#permalink]
Kudos
Elnur wrote:
Hi all,

I am currently practicing egmat CR course and I am truly disappointed by the logic of questions made by egmat experts and the explanations given for answers. I am aware that no CR question can be as good as OG questions but I would expect some less blurry logic and better explanations. I should admit that there are some very good explanations and points discussed in the course. but the questions are truly confusing. I am afraid that this will hurt me in the long run taking me into different paths of logic which will not help me.

Elnur
egmat CR is NOT helpful at all for CR; you can try for the free version of Thursdays with Ron. This one is the best materials, i think.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTQlKd ... /playlists

Originally posted by TheUltimateWinner on 21 May 2019, 10:38.
Last edited by TheUltimateWinner on 09 Jun 2021, 03:07, edited 1 time in total.
SC Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2209 [1]
Given Kudos: 1665
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.97
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: egmat CR reasoning review [#permalink]
Kudos
I agree to it. their question logic only syncs with their given answer explanation. way different than OG. I think the only take away from egmat CR is their pre thinking. And yeah, their explanations aren't going to hurt your logic...everyone's way of thinking cannot match.Nevertheless, i think you should stick to official resources for practice and improvement
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
thanks for all the useful comments. I guess I will quickly finish the CR part with taking major points only without spending much time and move to other resources. I have paid for it so at least should finish the basics :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 331 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
I do also agree that their CR is much more complicated than GMAC's. In their ability quiz on CR I scored 7% (REALLY????), while on real high 60%. Not only that. In quant, they put me in low 30th, while GMAT decided my level is 49. So, although many rate egmat as great, I think it is not universal, unlike Thursdays with Ron. Definitely go for it, also read CR Bible book. Happy studying
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 199 [1]
Given Kudos: 1283
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks for this post. I am currently using e-gmat's verbal online course and a lot of people have warned me about the CR module. Maybe you should supplement e-gmat's CR module with some other CR materials floating around here.

Best wishes!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2853 [1]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Elnur wrote:
thanks for all the useful comments. I guess I will quickly finish the CR part with taking major points only without spending much time and move to other resources. I have paid for it so at least should finish the basics :)

Hi Elnur,

If you have some reservations about the course, try the Powerscore CR bible for the concepts and even questions. It is easily available online. I am sure you will be not be disappointed.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 670 [1]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Send PM
Kudos
Elnur

You can use E-GMAT for building up the concepts , there is no doubt about that. But if you are looking for other sources to prepare you should try Power Score CR Bible.

I have used both Power Score bible and E-GMAT CR, but i felt i gained more from the bible than the course.

But when it comes to practice its always better to stick with official questions. You can practice CR questions from latest OG and Verbal Review books and also old official questions from previous versions of OG which are available in GMAT Club. If you want to practice questions apart from OG you can try LSAT.

All the best for your preparation.
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 848 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
13961 posts