GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Jun 2019, 09:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

egmat CR reasoning review

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
egmat CR reasoning review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2019, 12:55
Hi all,

I am currently practicing egmat CR course and I am truly disappointed by the logic of questions made by egmat experts and the explanations given for answers. I am aware that no CR question can be as good as OG questions but I would expect some less blurry logic and better explanations. I should admit that there are some very good explanations and points discussed in the course. but the questions are truly confusing. I am afraid that this will hurt me in the long run taking me into different paths of logic which will not help me.
General GMAT Forum Moderator
V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: egmat CR reasoning review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2019, 02:40
Elnur wrote:
Hi all,

I am currently practicing egmat CR course and I am truly disappointed by the logic of questions made by egmat experts and the explanations given for answers. I am aware that no CR question can be as good as OG questions but I would expect some less blurry logic and better explanations. I should admit that there are some very good explanations and points discussed in the course. but the questions are truly confusing. I am afraid that this will hurt me in the long run taking me into different paths of logic which will not help me.

Hi Elnur,

As you mentioned, no unofficial source can match the quality of questions of the official GMAT. While I do agree that some questions may be a bit 'off', the overall quality of the e-gmat questions are great. It might seem the some questions' logic do not make sense right now, but as you progress and get good in CR you will start following the logic of the arguments. In any case if you feel you are not very satisfied with the questions, you can pratice some LSAT questions instead. They are a notch harder than the official GMAT questions and will certainly help you improve your CR skills.

Hope this helps. All the best!
D
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2019, 08:53
Elnur wrote:
Hi all,

As per my knowledge and experience, eGMAT is one of the best resources for verbal. However, it may vary based on our experience. Try Veritas or Manhattan CR sources.
VP
VP
D
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2019, 10:38
Elnur wrote:
Hi all,

Elnur
egmat CR is NOT helpful at all for CR; you can try for the free version of Thursdays with Ron. This one is the best materials, i think.

Do you need official questions for Quant?
3700 Unique Official GMAT Quant Questions
------
SEARCH FOR ALL TAGS
GMAT Club Tests
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
GPA: 3.97
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2019, 11:25
I agree to it. their question logic only syncs with their given answer explanation. way different than OG. I think the only take away from egmat CR is their pre thinking. And yeah, their explanations aren't going to hurt your logic...everyone's way of thinking cannot match.Nevertheless, i think you should stick to official resources for practice and improvement

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2019, 12:59
thanks for all the useful comments. I guess I will quickly finish the CR part with taking major points only without spending much time and move to other resources. I have paid for it so at least should finish the basics :)
Manager
Manager
P
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2019, 06:21
I do also agree that their CR is much more complicated than GMAC's. In their ability quiz on CR I scored 7% (REALLY????), while on real high 60%. Not only that. In quant, they put me in low 30th, while GMAT decided my level is 49. So, although many rate egmat as great, I think it is not universal, unlike Thursdays with Ron. Definitely go for it, also read CR Bible book. Happy studying
G
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V28
GPA: 3.36
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2019, 07:56
Thanks for this post. I am currently using e-gmat's verbal online course and a lot of people have warned me about the CR module. Maybe you should supplement e-gmat's CR module with some other CR materials floating around here.

Best wishes!
General GMAT Forum Moderator
V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2019, 07:35
Elnur wrote:
thanks for all the useful comments. I guess I will quickly finish the CR part with taking major points only without spending much time and move to other resources. I have paid for it so at least should finish the basics :)

Hi Elnur,

If you have some reservations about the course, try the Powerscore CR bible for the concepts and even questions. It is easily available online. I am sure you will be not be disappointed.
G
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2019, 12:05
Elnur

You can use E-GMAT for building up the concepts , there is no doubt about that. But if you are looking for other sources to prepare you should try Power Score CR Bible.

I have used both Power Score bible and E-GMAT CR, but i felt i gained more from the bible than the course.

But when it comes to practice its always better to stick with official questions. You can practice CR questions from latest OG and Verbal Review books and also old official questions from previous versions of OG which are available in GMAT Club. If you want to practice questions apart from OG you can try LSAT.

All the best for your preparation.
Re: egmat CR reasoning review   [#permalink] 26 May 2019, 12:05

egmat CR reasoning review

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics