It is currently 20 Sep 2017, 04:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Paying Cash for Your MBA

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Paying Cash for Your MBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2017, 11:12
Hello,

I am one of those crazy Dave Ramsey followers and I plan to pay cash for my MBA. My goal is to save $25k prior to matriculation and attend the 2 year weekend program at Michigan Ross. I haven't found anyone else discussing a debt-free method of attending business school other than scholarships. If anyone is out there who paid for their MBA in cash answer the following:

1) What b-school did you attend?
2) FT or PT?
3) If PT, how long did it take to finish?
4) Cost of the program at time of attendance?
5) What savings vehicle did you use?
6) Was it worth it?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 27905 [0], given: 5047

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Paying Cash for Your MBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2017, 00:14
mrskumarmba wrote:
Hello,

I am one of those crazy Dave Ramsey followers and I plan to pay cash for my MBA. My goal is to save $25k prior to matriculation and attend the 2 year weekend program at Michigan Ross. I haven't found anyone else discussing a debt-free method of attending business school other than scholarships. If anyone is out there who paid for their MBA in cash answer the following:

1) What b-school did you attend?
2) FT or PT?
3) If PT, how long did it take to finish?
4) Cost of the program at time of attendance?
5) What savings vehicle did you use?
6) Was it worth it?

Many folks have been fortunate to either get scholarships or well off enough that they were able to attend an MBA program without getting into debt. Until recently, it was quite problematic for international applicants to get a loan actually and it was not until Prodigy Financial that there are even options to borrow... there are some stats in terms of the percentage of people who borrow for business school and supposedly this number has gone up in the last few years, but that is mostly due to the fact i mentioned above - availability of lending vehicles....

As to your question, there are quite a few similarly-minded people. You save money by not spending really, rather than by earning more. I know several who have graduated either debt free or they chose to borrow due to low cost of money while keeping their money available as an emergency fund.

I hope you will be able to connect with some applicants. Good Luck!

Founder of GMAT Club

GMAT Club's Special offer for Student Loans only through Aug 31 - New!
Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 27905 [0], given: 5047

Paying Cash for Your MBA   [#permalink] 15 Aug 2017, 00:14