It is currently 10 Dec 2017, 19:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please evaluate profile? 25 year old female

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Please evaluate profile? 25 year old female [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2017, 12:20
Profile:
White Female
Age 25

Education
- 2.9 GPA (Upward trend, will explain in optional essay how the first two years i was battling health issues and this gpa doesn't reflect my educational abilities)
- Majored in Global Studies with a concentration in global communication from Lehigh University
- Graduation Year: 2014
-Have not taken the GMAT yet (am taking it in a few weeks, aiming for 700)

Work Experience:
- 4 years by expected matriculation
- Worked at Forbes and helped develop the first paid social program within the revenue operations department. Managed all of paid social for the entire company and focused on branding initiatives, conferences, native advertising as well as revenue driven campaigns that earned over 2 million a quarter
-Spent 1 year at a paid social startup as a campaign manager working directly with Fortune 500 companies. While there I helped grow our largest account spends as well as founded a mentorship program at the company
- Currently employed at Amazon in the digital advertising division as a campaign manager. Was promoted from growth level campaign work to premium level campaign work with 6 months of employment. Work directly with clients and help them develop creative concepts, campaign goals and sales. I was recently nominated for a subject matter expert role (SME) where I am an expert in a technical advertising field for the entire division.

Extra- Curricular :
- Story time volunteer at a children's literacy nonprofit
- In college was active in the global union on campus and was a social media consultant for planned parenthood of PA

Post MBA goals
Return to the advertising space as a global marketing manager and down the road aim for being a VP of advertising operations at a digital advertising company

Schools I'm targeting: USC, Georgetown, Vanderbilt, Boston College
Reach: Tuck, Kellogg, Wharton

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 243 [0], given: 0

Re: Please evaluate profile? 25 year old female [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2017, 09:15
Hi,

Thanks for your post. It sounds like you've had some interesting experiences, though 3 jobs in 3 years occasionally raises some questions so be sure to show what you've learned and gained from each and how you chose to make the changes. The GPA will be tough to overcome particularly at your reach schools... to be honest you may have better chances with those if you took another year, gained even more experience at Amazon, and took a course or two that are relevant for b-school and show your current academic ability by getting A's (all in addition to nailing the GMAT).

That said with a strong GMAT and other application elements, I would hope that you'd be considered at the non-reach options on your list. Good luck with your decisions!

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Kudos [?]: 243 [0], given: 0

Please evaluate profile? 25 year old female

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap