Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:24 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.87
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
ShantanuSinha wrote:
Anyone got any update on 'Application Completed' status?? Please share.

My status is still shown as completed only ... almost a month over..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Hi,

Any one who completed their preliminary Interview got their second interview recently? Anybody expecting any soon?
It's more than two weeks now and no reply as such.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [3]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
WE:Design (Transportation)
Send PM
Bookmarks
nlr3169 wrote:
ShantanuSinha wrote:
Anyone got any update on 'Application Completed' status?? Please share.

My status is still shown as completed only ... almost a month over..

Same for me no chnage; 45 days & counting
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
I submitted my application on Jan 30, 2017. Reached out to adcom on Feb 11, 2017 asking that my checklist has all "cross marks" to which they replied that since document check is done manually, it'll take time. Now, my application is complete and has the status changed from "Application Submitted" to "Application Completed" However, I didn't get any e mail confirming that my application is now complete and ready for review.

My question to fellow GC members
1) It has been 45 days and I haven't received anything. Can we expect something this late? Also, is there a deadline notification date by which the school has to give decision to all.
2) My app has still few cross and few tick marks on the checklist. However, my status says "Application Completed" How do I know if I am still missing some document. Should I write back to them?

Please if anyone can shed some light to my questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [2]
Given Kudos: 190
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
Kudos
keats wrote:
I submitted my application on Jan 30, 2017. Reached out to adcom on Feb 11, 2017 asking that my checklist has all "cross marks" to which they replied that since document check is done manually, it'll take time. Now, my application is complete and has the status changed from "Application Submitted" to "Application Completed" However, I didn't get any e mail confirming that my application is now complete and ready for review.

1) It has been 45 days and I haven't received anything. Can we expect something this late? Also, is there a deadline notification date by which the school has to give decision to all.
2) My app has still few cross and few tick marks on the checklist. However, my status says "Application Completed" How do I know if I am still missing some document. Should I write back to them?

Hi Everyone, just putting down my thoughts to some of the questions on the thread over the past few weeks. These are assumptions/opinions based on my experience with NUS (admit with scholarship) this year.

I submitted my application sometime in October. Just like many of you, even though I had submitted all my documents, a lot of the items in my checklist were not marked ticked (some were, some weren't). This is normal I believe. So if you have submitted your documents, just wait till they get back. If something is amiss, I'm sure they will reach out to you and give you the opportunity to plug in any gaps.

I got my first interview invitation only in the second week of January. So the inference here is that NUS takes time to process applications and is quite different from most other schools. A good reason for this is probably because NUS gets one of the highest number of applications per seat in the world and they have a lower acceptance rate than most of the top-tier MBA schools in the world. Advice: Put the thoughts of NUS on the backburner and go about your other applications and live your life, that's what I did till I was pleasantly surprised.

Once the interview is over and if they like you, you'll receive your second interview invitation in a weeks time and if that goes well and they know they want you for sure in the class, they'll offer you a seat within the week. The inference here is that if they like you, your entire process from invite to offer should be over in 2-3 weeks. If this hasn't happened for you, it doesn't mean that the journey is over, it just means that you've been slotted into a pool where they have not completed interviewing all the candidates who appear to have similar potential.

As far as I know, there are still many seats that have not been confirmed yet (by confirmed I mean acceptance fee paid by the candidate), so keep the faith and hope for the best. I wish you all the best of luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ashman843 wrote:
keats wrote:

Hi Everyone, just putting down my thoughts to some of the questions on the thread over the past few weeks. These are assumptions/opinions based on my experience with NUS (admit with scholarship) this year.

I submitted my application sometime in October. Just like many of you, even though I had submitted all my documents, a lot of the items in my checklist were not marked ticked (some were, some weren't). This is normal I believe. So if you have submitted your documents, just wait till they get back. If something is amiss, I'm sure they will reach out to you and give you the opportunity to plug in any gaps.

I got my first interview invitation only in the second week of January. So the inference here is that NUS takes time to process applications and is quite different from most other schools. A good reason for this is probably because NUS gets one of the highest number of applications per seat in the world and they have a lower acceptance rate than most of the top-tier MBA schools in the world. Advice: Put the thoughts of NUS on the backburner and go about your other applications and live your life, that's what I did till I was pleasantly surprised.

Once the interview is over and if they like you, you'll receive your second interview invitation in a weeks time and if that goes well and they know they want you for sure in the class, they'll offer you a seat within the week. The inference here is that if they like you, your entire process from invite to offer should be over in 2-3 weeks. If this hasn't happened for you, it doesn't mean that the journey is over, it just means that you've been slotted into a pool where they have not completed interviewing all the candidates who appear to have similar potential.

As far as I know, there are still many seats that have not been confirmed yet (by confirmed I mean acceptance fee paid by the candidate), so keep the faith and hope for the best. I wish you all the best of luck.

Thanks for the detailed logical reply ashman.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
My application status changed to 'Rejected' today. :(
Got a mail for the same. My bad luck.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
ShantanuSinha : This is so bad. When did you apply ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
keats wrote:
ShantanuSinha : This is so bad. When did you apply ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

I submitted my application on 14th January. Application status changed to 'Application Completed' on 15th Feb. And got rejection on 16th March.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q38 V50
GPA: 3
Send PM
Anyone got accepted after a interview on 8/3?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
sorry wrong click :cry: :cry:

Originally posted by manmanjiayou on 21 Mar 2017, 19:13.
Last edited by manmanjiayou on 21 Mar 2017, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Share with you my experience:

Submitted application on Dec 7 2016 and emailed them that I would be in Singapore the week of Dec 12.
Received on campus interview invitation on Dec 8 and made appointment for Dec 16.
Interviewed on Dec 16 and was informed after interview that their holidays would start from the following week till Jan 3.
Received offer with scholarship via phone and email on Jan 4 2017.

Only one interview and the process was really fast exclude their holidays. Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Is NUS still inviting for interviews?
My application status page just included this:

View Application/Make Payment/Submit Reply on Offer of Admission

Does that mean I'm heading for a ding??
Manager
Manager
Send PM
keats wrote:

I wud say until you get a rejection mail, there is still chance. Regarding the documents, those which have tick mark have been received and accepted as valid. Rest pending documents you may submit once you get an admission call.
All the best!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.82
WE:Operations (Transportation)
Send PM
Do the admission panelists check your LinkedIn and Facebook Ids?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 600 Q40 V32
Send PM
bhavesh1991 wrote:
Do the admission panelists check your LinkedIn and Facebook Ids?

Did you provide the links in your application? I don't think think they ask for them as part of the application. I'm not sure they'd have time to hunt for your social media profiles while doing application review either. If you're concerned, just make them private.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sauvikmahajan wrote:
Is NUS still inviting for interviews?
My application status page just included this:

View Application/Make Payment/Submit Reply on Offer of Admission

Does that mean I'm heading for a ding??

Same thing happened to my application status too. Meanwhile i got an e mail from them last week for the online info session for the NUS s3 double program with FUNDAN and two days before another e mail about the NUS peking double degree online info session. Does it mean anything ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts