Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [34]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 187 [0]
Given Kudos: 379
WE:Advertising (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Verbal Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 8810 [3]
Given Kudos: 171
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 187 [2]
Send PM
Re: BIG GMAT CHANGES: Select Section Order on the GMAT starting July 11 [#permalink]
Kudos
same preference for me. But gmac should've upgraded the gmatprep software so that students could take practice cats to know which order suits them best.

Originally posted by ENEM on 15 Jun 2017, 08:32.
Last edited by ENEM on 15 Jun 2017, 08:58, edited 3 times in total.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [3]
Send PM
Re: BIG GMAT CHANGES: Select Section Order on the GMAT starting July 11 [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
This will likely cause some score inflation - not big but some. My guess however, is that GMAC has determined the opposite - the increase/changes to the scores were minimal and not big enough to warrant score inconsistency. Interesting additional tidbit from FAQ:

Will the section order choice be displayed on score reports?
A: No, the section order selected will not be shown on any unofficial or official score report. Schools will not know which section order a candidate selected.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GPA: 3.1
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
I think this will dilute the value of a GMAT score on applications.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Interesting changes... I recently started studying for my GMAT again and plan to take it later this summer.

I'm wondering if any prep companies will introduce timely changes to their practice CATs to allow for this new flexibility for candidates preparing for GMAT right now. :problem:

Good to know that the official practice tests on mba. com will be updated soon, but July 31st for the update seems too far. Hope something comes up sooner.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 194 [0]
Given Kudos: 275
BIG GMAT CHANGES: Select Section Order on the GMAT starting July 11 [#permalink]
bb wrote:

Important FAQ Points - You can Reschedule for free by July 11th

Q: I already have a GMAT exam scheduled. Should I reschedule it to take advantage of this new feature?
A: The decision to reschedule is up to you. For those that have already done significant preparation for the GMAT and are already prepared to take the exam, you may feel comfortable proceeding with your exam as scheduled, as the original section order will be available.

If you would like to reschedule your GMAT exam to take advantage of the new Select Section Order feature, you can call GMAC Customer Service to reschedule your exam. Both your reschedule fee and phone fee ($10) will be waived if your request is received within a 7-day grace period of the announcement (request via phone must be received on or prior to June 22, 2017). Remember, you have to call in to customer service by June 22 to have the fee waived.

After the grace period, you may reschedule your GMAT exam online, at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment, for the standard reschedule fee.

Originally posted by Shiv2016 on 15 Jun 2017, 09:31.
Last edited by Shiv2016 on 25 Sep 2017, 05:13, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Shiv2016 wrote:

Test takers can reschedule for free before June 22. Is it applicable to only those test takers who have exam before June 22 ?

Try applying your critical reading skills and re-read carefully the announcement. Look at the scope and context. It talks about the 7-day grace period. Nowhere does it say you will be limited around the test dates. However, I would infer that you can reschedule a test that is taking place between tomorrow and July 11th for free as long as you call in the next 7 days. If both of those conditions are met, there is no fee. Otherwise, there will be a fee.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
Send PM
Hi,
I already scheduled my exam on 17th July'17. Would i get an option to select the selection order at test center or do i need to re-schedule the exam date to avail this option ?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [1]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
monikaranchi26 wrote:
Hi,
I already scheduled my exam on 17th July'17. Would i get an option to select the selection order at test center or do i need to re-schedule the exam date to avail this option ?

As per the announcement made by GMAC, any exam on or after 11th July will have the selection option. So, you are good.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 184 [1]
Given Kudos: 285
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.65
WE:Marketing (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Interesting! Thanks bb for this information. I've received also the official email from GMAC.

About reschedule, I can conclude that the fee waiver only available for those who reschedule via phone.
The announcement explicitly stated that we can reschedule online only after the grace period. Please correct my if I'm wrong.

I really love this major innovation. Since Quant and Verbal are the most demanding sections, we should use the best of our brain in these two sections.
Furthermore, conducting AWA in the last seems good - quite similar with TOEFL test, which put writing test on the last section.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hi, I have scheduled my exam after 11th of July i.e. on 17th July, so am i eligible to select the announced selection order at test center ?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [1]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
abhi88shek wrote:
Hi, I have scheduled my exam after 11th of July i.e. on 17th July, so am i eligible to select the announced selection order at test center ?

Please read my response for the same question here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/big-gmat-cha ... l#p1870364
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63669 [6]
Given Kudos: 1774
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I was probably a little bit too excited when my inbox started filling with these announcements this morning! For some people, it really won't make much of a difference, but if you struggle with your stamina on verbal, this is HUGE.

For me personally, the very hardest thing on the GMAT is maintaining my precision on RC and CR when I'm in my 4th hour of test-taking -- and I think that's true for a lot of GMAT Club members. If you can do the verbal when you're fresh at the beginning of the exam, that should make a big difference.

Sure, maybe it only means that you'll get an extra two or three verbal questions right, and that might only add an extra 10-20 points on your composite GMAT score. But sometimes that extra 20 points is a really big deal in the current MBA admissions climate. So this might not matter for some test-takers, but for anybody who needs to squeeze every possible point out of verbal -- this is a really, really big deal. I love it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Interesting points made in a veritas prep article about this...

Article link: https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#/2016/0 ... er-option/
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Kaal wrote:
Interesting points made in a veritas prep article about this...
Article link: https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#/2016/0 ... er-option/

It is a Jan 2016 article when the pilot was rolled out.
There is also a webinar tomorrow held by GMAC for all test prep companies (GMAT Club has been invited as well) and I anticipate much of the time will be spent explaining this decision. If something new is shared, I will update the post once the webinar is over around 10 AM PST tomorrow.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Quote:
There is also a webinar tomorrow held by GMAC for all test prep companies (GMAT Club has been invited as well) and I anticipate much of the time will be spent explaining this decision. If something new is shared, I will update the post once the webinar is over around 10 AM PST tomorrow.

Yes sir I did check the date, but posted the article here because I felt the points made were interesting and relevant. Looking forward to hearing insights from your webinar tomorrow.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Kaal wrote:
Quote:

Yes sir I did check the date, but posted the article here because I felt the points made were interesting and relevant. Looking forward to hearing insights from your webinar tomorrow.

Yes, and Skywalker18 has pointed it out to you that the official results determined that there was no meaningful impact on the test score results: https://gmatclub.com/forum/big-gmat-cha ... l#p1870290
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 946 [0]
Given Kudos: 206
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hey guys did anyone tried rescheduling?
I tried to do it online but it is asking for 50 bucks ....

Is it free only if we call them and re-schedule ?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7