It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 08:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

BIG GMAT CHANGES: Select Section Order on the GMAT starting July 11

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
D

Kudos [?]: 264 [1], given: 6

GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169
Re: BIG GMAT CHANGES: Select Section Order on the GMAT starting July 11 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 03:29
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
First look at the section order select screen:
Attachment:
File comment: Section order select screen
2017-06-16.png
2017-06-16.png [ 119.54 KiB | Viewed 1627 times ]

Senior CR Moderator
D

Kudos [?]: 1006 [0], given: 60

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: BIG GMAT CHANGES: Select Section Order on the GMAT starting July 11 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 03:43
AjiteshArun wrote:
First look at the section order select screen:
Attachment:
2017-06-16.png

This image is from GMATPrep software or from the real test?

Actual LSAT CR bank by Broall

How to solve quadratic equations - Factor quadratic equations
Factor table with sign: The useful tool to solve polynomial inequalities
Applying AM-GM inequality into finding extreme/absolute value

New Error Log with Timer

Kudos [?]: 1006 [0], given: 60

VP
VP
D

Kudos [?]: 264 [0], given: 6

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 03:56
nguyendinhtuong wrote:
This image is from GMATPrep software or from the real test?
Real exam running in test mode. Not the GMATPrep. Provided by the GMAC itself.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 103

Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 06:52
Quote:
I have noticed some GMAT content has a different look and feel lately. Is this intentional?

A: The GMAT brand is undergoing a refresh to match our renewed commitment to improving the GMAT testing experience. You can expect that all GMAT-related materials will be refreshed to the new brand over the next several months.

What kind of changes in content are we expecting? Does it mean that certain new question formats are getting introduced or is the change purely peripheral? I have noticed that GMAT 2018 OG cover looks different from previous versions. I hope they are not driving to a change in question content altogether. :-s

Citius, Altius, Fortius

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
D

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 07:27
This post received
KUDOS
TheMechanic wrote:
What kind of changes in content are we expecting? Does it mean that certain new question formats are getting introduced or is the change purely peripheral? I have noticed that GMAT 2018 OG cover looks different from previous versions. I hope they are not driving to a change in question content altogether. :-s
It's a (re)branding exercise. There is absolutely no other change, either in the questions or in the algorithm.

Manager
Manager
G
Status: 'When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people."

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 91

WE: Advertising (Advertising and PR)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 07:58
Quote:
There is absolutely no other change, either in the questions or in the algorithm.
:D
good to know.
Did they mention any changes in the gmatprep software? Anything in the lines of making it user friendly? I guess everyone agrees to the fact that reviewing questions after a test on the software is tedious. :(

If you find my post useful, please give me a kudos.

Thank you.
Regards,
Kaal

If you wish to spend wisely on your gmat prep material, check my post titled: How to Spend Money On GMAT Material Wisely, link: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-buy-gmat-material-wisely-tag-free-gmat-resources-236174.html

Simple and handy template for CR: https://gmatclub.com/forum/simple-and-handy-template-for-cr-242255.html

simple template for more vs greater and fewer vs less: https://gmatclub.com/forum/simple-template-for-more-vs-greater-and-fewer-vs-less-242216.html

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 91

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 12

Concentration: Finance, General Management

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 08:15
ramyanag wrote:
WiziusCareers1 wrote:
Yes ramyanag, you will get the option to select the order.

As per GMAC FAQ section, they are planning to roll out Section Select feature in all the GMAT Prep products from July 31st. My exam is on July 11th. What do you suggest is the best way to know which is the better order of the sections for me?

As per communication, change is effective from 11 july....If u have confusion/anxiety, I suggest u reschedule GMAT exam post 31st July...

If you like the post, show appreciation by pressing Kudos button

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 12

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
D

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 08:31
This post received
KUDOS
Kaal wrote:
Did they mention any changes in the gmatprep software? Anything in the lines of making it user friendly? I guess everyone agrees to the fact that reviewing questions after a test on the software is tedious. :(
Well, the whole of GMATPrep will be transitioned to an online platform in Q1 2018 (they'll allow software downloads for a little while longer) :)

Here's a look at what they're aiming for:
Attachment:
2017-06-16.png
2017-06-16.png [ 117.15 KiB | Viewed 1478 times ]

So we shouldn't expect too much from the current software. It seems that they're putting most of their development focus online. Hopefully updating a web service will be much easier, so that should be good going forward (still a long way away though).

One good feature they're planning to introduce is a way for others to see someone's performance on the GMATPrep software. This could be really helpful if a test taker wants to get help with analysis/concepts.

VP
VP
D

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 08:34
Oh, and they again spoke about the "advanced" OG (with tough questions). They'd like to get that out sometime next year.

Director
Director
G

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 274

Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 08:57
AjiteshArun wrote:
Oh, and they again spoke about the "advanced" OG (with tough questions). They'd like to get that out sometime next year.

The changes look great. Looking forward to the new format of the test.
Did they elaborate more on the advanced official guide? Will the new format bring tougher questions or the level of difficulty would remain the same?

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 274

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 29081 [1], given: 5264

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 10:21
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
FYI - Veritas Prep has updated their tests to reflect the new options available for "Select Section Order" on the GMAT.
You can already start practicing today: https://gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep ... 42788.html

As to the "Advanced OG", GMAC this morning on the webinar said it will take a while as they are searching and looking for questions to include. It appears they have only so many questions to access for public release, esp the harder ones so I would not hold your breath per se for anything amazing... not based on the expectations they have set. Definitely nothing in 2017.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 10:26
bb wrote:
FYI - Veritas Prep has updated their tests to reflect the new options available for "Select Section Order" on the GMAT.
You can already start practicing today: https://gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep ... 42788.html

As to the "Advanced OG", GMAC this morning on the webinar said it will take a while as they are searching and looking for questions to include. It appears they have only so many questions to access for public release, esp the harder ones so I would not hold your breath per se for anything amazing... not based on the expectations they have set. Definitely nothing in 2017.

Ideally, GMAC should have planned the release of the GMATPrep software update along with their big announcement. End of July is cutting in close to Admission Deadlines as most students will have at best 10-15 days to prep themselves up. I say this is poor planning on GMACs' part.

Citius, Altius, Fortius

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
P

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 10:32
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
It does seem like a bit odd timing but the timing is never perfect... it would have been nice I guess to have an announcement a few months in advance and have everyone informed about the options and let people try with GMAT prep to see if they prefer one way or another - that would be more ideal BUT, it is a benefit they are rolling out, so complaining about something that is being improved and for free, is not in order.

Nobody has to prep for anything, you can take the GMAT the same way everyone has been taking it for 5 years, ever since the IR introduction. So technically, this is a minor item, but naturally many may try to take advantage of it and it may not be convenient for everyone, esp. those taking the GMAT soon, so they have to choose how much they care about this change.

One thing GMAC did mention on the call was that some people have clearly scored LOWER on the test, in part because they were coming in cold without AWA/IR to "warm" them up, so something to keep in mind as you devise your strategy!

Founder of GMAT Club

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 29081 [0], given: 5264

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 16:09
MGMAT has also introduced an option in their tests to change the order of the sections - https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/stor ... ice-tests/

Founder of GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 29081 [0], given: 5264

5 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 22 [5], given: 231

GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 620 Q48 V27
BIG GMAT CHANGES: Select Section Order on the GMAT starting July 11 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 16:20
This post received
KUDOS
MGMAT is also running a promotion: You can now buy the full set of six practice exams for only $10

https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/stor ... ice-tests/

To ensure that we’re able to bring this advantage to as many students as possible, we’re running an exclusive promotion on our GMAT practice tests. You can now buy the full set of six practice exams for only $10!*
Use promo code
PERFECT10
at checkout to apply this discount

Attachments

mgmat.jpg
mgmat.jpg [ 117.06 KiB | Viewed 1361 times ]

Please hit Kudos if my post is helpful to you.

Last edited by bb on 16 Jun 2017, 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
added screenshot

Kudos [?]: 22 [5], given: 231

VP
VP
D

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2017, 23:41
Shiv2016 wrote:
The changes look great. Looking forward to the new format of the test.
Did they elaborate more on the advanced official guide? Will the new format bring tougher questions or the level of difficulty would remain the same?
The exam remains the same. It's adaptive, so it has no one "difficulty level". The new OG they're planning will just be additional practice for those who want to solve more difficult questions. It will not replace the existing OG.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.96

Show Tags

New post 17 Jun 2017, 16:12
Wow - anyone who took the test this year incredibly mad about having to compete with inflated scores in apps next year? As someone who's biggest issue was precision in the verbal section after 4 hours of testing, i feel like this could have given me 20 extra points. I'm so pissed!

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 34

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2017, 06:14
Hi
Does anyone register for the test? When do i can select my order? The test day or during registing process???

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 34

1 KUDOS received
Board of Directors
D

Kudos [?]: 916 [1], given: 67

GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2017, 06:15
This post received
KUDOS
Mns1203 wrote:
Hi
Does anyone register for the test? When do i can select my order? The test day or during registing process???

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Mns1203 ,

Order selection will happen just before you start giving your test.

How I improved from V21 to V40! ?

Kudos [?]: 916 [1], given: 67

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
D

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2017, 21:14
This post received
KUDOS
VCtoMBA wrote:
Wow - anyone who took the test this year incredibly mad about having to compete with inflated scores in apps next year? As someone who's biggest issue was precision in the verbal section after 4 hours of testing, i feel like this could have given me 20 extra points. I'm so pissed!
I don't think scores will generally be much higher next year. Maybe a bit, but you're absolutely right that this could make a big difference to those who struggle with stamina/concentration issues. I hope they'll also release some data on which order proves to be the most popular.

Re: BIG GMAT CHANGES: Select Section Order on the GMAT starting July 11   [#permalink] 18 Jun 2017, 21:14

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 122 posts ] 

BIG GMAT CHANGES: Select Section Order on the GMAT starting July 11

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap