Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [2]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 6121 [0]
Given Kudos: 65
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 538 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: BIG GMAT CHANGES: Select Section Order on the GMAT starting July 11 [#permalink]
Quote:
I have noticed some GMAT content has a different look and feel lately. Is this intentional?

A: The GMAT brand is undergoing a refresh to match our renewed commitment to improving the GMAT testing experience. You can expect that all GMAT-related materials will be refreshed to the new brand over the next several months.

What kind of changes in content are we expecting? Does it mean that certain new question formats are getting introduced or is the change purely peripheral? I have noticed that GMAT 2018 OG cover looks different from previous versions. I hope they are not driving to a change in question content altogether. :-s
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [1]
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
Send PM
Re: BIG GMAT CHANGES: Select Section Order on the GMAT starting July 11 [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
TheMechanic wrote:
What kind of changes in content are we expecting? Does it mean that certain new question formats are getting introduced or is the change purely peripheral? I have noticed that GMAT 2018 OG cover looks different from previous versions. I hope they are not driving to a change in question content altogether. :-s
It's a (re)branding exercise. There is absolutely no other change, either in the questions or in the algorithm.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 187 [0]
Given Kudos: 379
WE:Advertising (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Quote:
There is absolutely no other change, either in the questions or in the algorithm.
:D
good to know.
Did they mention any changes in the gmatprep software? Anything in the lines of making it user friendly? I guess everyone agrees to the fact that reviewing questions after a test on the software is tedious. :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 733 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
ramyanag wrote:
WiziusCareers1 wrote:
Yes ramyanag, you will get the option to select the order.

As per GMAC FAQ section, they are planning to roll out Section Select feature in all the GMAT Prep products from July 31st. My exam is on July 11th. What do you suggest is the best way to know which is the better order of the sections for me?

As per communication, change is effective from 11 july....If u have confusion/anxiety, I suggest u reschedule GMAT exam post 31st July...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Kaal wrote:
Did they mention any changes in the gmatprep software? Anything in the lines of making it user friendly? I guess everyone agrees to the fact that reviewing questions after a test on the software is tedious. :(
Well, the whole of GMATPrep will be transitioned to an online platform in Q1 2018 (they'll allow software downloads for a little while longer) :)

Here's a look at what they're aiming for:
Attachment:
2017-06-16.png
2017-06-16.png [ 117.15 KiB | Viewed 2964 times ]

So we shouldn't expect too much from the current software. It seems that they're putting most of their development focus online. Hopefully updating a web service will be much easier, so that should be good going forward (still a long way away though).

One good feature they're planning to introduce is a way for others to see someone's performance on the GMATPrep software. This could be really helpful if a test taker wants to get help with analysis/concepts.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
Send PM
Expert Reply
Oh, and they again spoke about the "advanced" OG (with tough questions). They'd like to get that out sometime next year.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 194 [0]
Given Kudos: 275
AjiteshArun wrote:
Oh, and they again spoke about the "advanced" OG (with tough questions). They'd like to get that out sometime next year.

The changes look great. Looking forward to the new format of the test.
Did they elaborate more on the advanced official guide? Will the new format bring tougher questions or the level of difficulty would remain the same?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [1]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
FYI - Veritas Prep has updated their tests to reflect the new options available for "Select Section Order" on the GMAT.
You can already start practicing today: https://gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep ... 42788.html

As to the "Advanced OG", GMAC this morning on the webinar said it will take a while as they are searching and looking for questions to include. It appears they have only so many questions to access for public release, esp the harder ones so I would not hold your breath per se for anything amazing... not based on the expectations they have set. Definitely nothing in 2017.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 538 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
bb wrote:
FYI - Veritas Prep has updated their tests to reflect the new options available for "Select Section Order" on the GMAT.
You can already start practicing today: https://gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep ... 42788.html

As to the "Advanced OG", GMAC this morning on the webinar said it will take a while as they are searching and looking for questions to include. It appears they have only so many questions to access for public release, esp the harder ones so I would not hold your breath per se for anything amazing... not based on the expectations they have set. Definitely nothing in 2017.

Ideally, GMAC should have planned the release of the GMATPrep software update along with their big announcement. End of July is cutting in close to Admission Deadlines as most students will have at best 10-15 days to prep themselves up. I say this is poor planning on GMACs' part.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
It does seem like a bit odd timing but the timing is never perfect... it would have been nice I guess to have an announcement a few months in advance and have everyone informed about the options and let people try with GMAT prep to see if they prefer one way or another - that would be more ideal BUT, it is a benefit they are rolling out, so complaining about something that is being improved and for free, is not in order.

Nobody has to prep for anything, you can take the GMAT the same way everyone has been taking it for 5 years, ever since the IR introduction. So technically, this is a minor item, but naturally many may try to take advantage of it and it may not be convenient for everyone, esp. those taking the GMAT soon, so they have to choose how much they care about this change.

One thing GMAC did mention on the call was that some people have clearly scored LOWER on the test, in part because they were coming in cold without AWA/IR to "warm" them up, so something to keep in mind as you devise your strategy!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
MGMAT has also introduced an option in their tests to change the order of the sections - https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/stor ... ice-tests/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [5]
Given Kudos: 489
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
BIG GMAT CHANGES: Select Section Order on the GMAT starting July 11 [#permalink]
Kudos
MGMAT is also running a promotion: You can now buy the full set of six practice exams for only $10

https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/stor ... ice-tests/

To ensure that we’re able to bring this advantage to as many students as possible, we’re running an exclusive promotion on our GMAT practice tests. You can now buy the full set of six practice exams for only $10!*
Use promo code
PERFECT10
at checkout to apply this discount

Attachments

mgmat.jpg
mgmat.jpg [ 117.06 KiB | Viewed 2886 times ]

Originally posted by sdlife on 16 Jun 2017, 16:20.
Last edited by bb on 16 Jun 2017, 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
added screenshot
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
Send PM
Expert Reply
Shiv2016 wrote:
The changes look great. Looking forward to the new format of the test.
Did they elaborate more on the advanced official guide? Will the new format bring tougher questions or the level of difficulty would remain the same?
The exam remains the same. It's adaptive, so it has no one "difficulty level". The new OG they're planning will just be additional practice for those who want to solve more difficult questions. It will not replace the existing OG.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.96
Send PM
Wow - anyone who took the test this year incredibly mad about having to compete with inflated scores in apps next year? As someone who's biggest issue was precision in the verbal section after 4 hours of testing, i feel like this could have given me 20 extra points. I'm so pissed!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools: Olin '21 (A$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.8
WE:Supply Chain Management (Retail)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi
Does anyone register for the test? When do i can select my order? The test day or during registing process???

Posted from my mobile device
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [1]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Mns1203 wrote:
Hi
Does anyone register for the test? When do i can select my order? The test day or during registing process???

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Mns1203 ,

Order selection will happen just before you start giving your test.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
VCtoMBA wrote:
Wow - anyone who took the test this year incredibly mad about having to compete with inflated scores in apps next year? As someone who's biggest issue was precision in the verbal section after 4 hours of testing, i feel like this could have given me 20 extra points. I'm so pissed!
I don't think scores will generally be much higher next year. Maybe a bit, but you're absolutely right that this could make a big difference to those who struggle with stamina/concentration issues. I hope they'll also release some data on which order proves to be the most popular.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7