Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: CBS '20 (S)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]
souvik101990 wrote:
Last year they weren’t location based - this year looks more like it.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

How can they not be location based when your interview is done with an alum in your area?
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
No idea! Last year Indian invites were VERY spread out, unlike Kellogg. I know someone who got invites 3 days after the deadline and a few others who got invites in early Nov. Strange but true.

Director
Director
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
No idea! Last year Indian invites were VERY spread out, unlike Kellogg. I know someone who got invites 3 days after the deadline and a few others who got invites in early Nov. Strange but true.

I'm dumb. Thought I was on the Kellogg forum.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [1]
Given Kudos: 101
Schools: Booth '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
Hi asker4ik13,
I know exactly what you mean. The struggle is real. The wait is so tough. And the process is not completely fair to everyone.
Just want you to know that you're not alone.

Personally speaking, I've started to kinda enjoy it. It's like a tough challenge where one has to exercise great patience, keep yourself motivated and continue to work on applications as you receive the good & bad news. It's very difficult. And I hope the experience will be worth it for all of us in the end.

asker4ik13 wrote:
I am also very tired of waiting. Couldn't have even imagined that this process would be so mindblowing. Everyone is giving advice to stay relaxed. I can understand this approach. I was a volleyball player and know the feeling of competing in front of 10k visitors. It was heartbreaking nervotic atmosphere. And I also told myself to relax everytime.

However, application process should not be of the same level of pressure, you know. But it is. In my case, I am not a financial analytic, not a consultant. I am an entrepreneur in quite small businesses (up to $1.5mil annual revenue) and a former professional athlete. For me MBA is the only way to get additional business knowledge. Without it, I won't have opportunities for developing my own business and go towards my other entrepreneurial goals.

And then you realize that MBA is the only way to achieve your goals. Everyone is telling you that you have a great super story, great GMAT, but that seems to mean nothing. And you wait month after month, get declines from schools and your dream starts to fade with each decline. You can do nothing. This whole thing is not under your control. And that is the reason why it is impossible to relax.

Of course it is easy to relax when you are an investment banker with huge salary and WE. You are already fine, but MBA will give you additional money and opportunities. You know that even if you don't get an offer, you will reapply next year. Plus minus one year does not make a big difference for you. Sooner or later they will admit you anyway.

And, yes, it is very frustrating to not get an interview. Because in fact they declined you without even getting to know. This is what is really irritates me. There is not enough space in the application forms of several schools to tell my story. Yale, at least has video questions, which is good. And I hope to get an interview invite to at least try to tell them the rest of the story. Otherwise, I won't even have the chance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
GRE 1: Q164 V170
GPA: 3
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
I actually ended up getting an interview invite Friday afternoon at 2PM. I thought I'd get to skip it... haha. But glad for another opportunity to advocate for my candidacy. Good luck to those still waiting. :-)
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
edgeook8 wrote:
I actually ended up getting an interview invite Friday afternoon at 2PM. I thought I'd get to skip it... haha. But glad for another opportunity to advocate for my candidacy. Good luck to those still waiting. :-)

That’s incredible man. BIG congratulations!

So wait. Yale sent out invites on Thursday and Friday? So strange! Where are you based btw?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
edgeook8 wrote:

So wait. Yale sent out invites on Thursday and Friday? So strange! Where are you based btw?

Yup seems really strange. Didn't hear of any other invites on Friday.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
GRE 1: Q164 V170
GPA: 3
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
gary611 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
edgeook8 wrote:

I'm based in the U.S. (Miami, FL to be exact). Perhaps AdCom sent the invite after I emailed them about the email which I had received earlier in the day congratulating me on getting an interview invite?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
edgeook8 wrote:
gary611 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
[quote="edgeook8"]I actually ended up getting an interview invite Friday afternoon at 2PM. I thought I'd get to skip it... haha. But glad for another opportunity to advocate for my candidacy. Good luck to those still waiting. :-)

I'm based in the U.S. (Miami, FL to be exact). Perhaps AdCom sent the invite after I emailed them about the email which I had received earlier in the day congratulating me on getting an interview invite?[/quote]

Aah. Makes sense. Congratulations

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Kudos
stoiczoan wrote:
Hi asker4ik13,
I know exactly what you mean. The struggle is real. The wait is so tough. And the process is not completely fair to everyone.
Just want you to know that you're not alone.

Personally speaking, I've started to kinda enjoy it. It's like a tough challenge where one has to exercise great patience, keep yourself motivated and continue to work on applications as you receive the good & bad news. It's very difficult. And I hope the experience will be worth it for all of us in the end.

asker4ik13 wrote:
I am also very tired of waiting. Couldn't have even imagined that this process would be so mindblowing. Everyone is giving advice to stay relaxed. I can understand this approach. I was a volleyball player and know the feeling of competing in front of 10k visitors. It was heartbreaking nervotic atmosphere. And I also told myself to relax everytime.

However, application process should not be of the same level of pressure, you know. But it is. In my case, I am not a financial analytic, not a consultant. I am an entrepreneur in quite small businesses (up to $1.5mil annual revenue) and a former professional athlete. For me MBA is the only way to get additional business knowledge. Without it, I won't have opportunities for developing my own business and go towards my other entrepreneurial goals.

And then you realize that MBA is the only way to achieve your goals. Everyone is telling you that you have a great super story, great GMAT, but that seems to mean nothing. And you wait month after month, get declines from schools and your dream starts to fade with each decline. You can do nothing. This whole thing is not under your control. And that is the reason why it is impossible to relax.

Of course it is easy to relax when you are an investment banker with huge salary and WE. You are already fine, but MBA will give you additional money and opportunities. You know that even if you don't get an offer, you will reapply next year. Plus minus one year does not make a big difference for you. Sooner or later they will admit you anyway.

And, yes, it is very frustrating to not get an interview. Because in fact they declined you without even getting to know. This is what is really irritates me. There is not enough space in the application forms of several schools to tell my story. Yale, at least has video questions, which is good. And I hope to get an interview invite to at least try to tell them the rest of the story. Otherwise, I won't even have the chance.

Thanks for your support man! I actually got an interview invite from another school two days ago. And now it's much easier for me, mentally I mean. Good luck everyone!
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Is anyone coming to an on-campus interview on the 3rd of November?

Sent from my MI 6 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
I feel like the interview invite timings have gotten very random. Saw 2 at livewire on Monday, 1 on Friday. No big waves coming anymore?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
bblestrange wrote:
I feel like the interview invite timings have gotten very random. Saw 2 at livewire on Monday, 1 on Friday. No big waves coming anymore?

Could you please tell where do you look for the information regarding interviews? In decision tracker information is not much updating.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
asker4ik13 wrote:
bblestrange wrote:

Could you please tell where do you look for the information regarding interviews? In decision tracker information is not much updating.

I check clearadmit, they have a page called livewire where people report their status updates.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I got an invite early this morning around 9:30 EST. Based in NJ/healthcare.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.91
Send PM
Kudos
CorporateFinancier wrote:
Is anyone coming to an on-campus interview on the 3rd of November?

Sent from my MI 6 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Yeah, I just got my invite this morning and will be going to interview on the 3rd. Funnily enough I was actually just up there since I wanted to see Tuck and do the applicant-initiated interview there, and went and visited SOM as well just because. I highly encourage all applicants to visit SOM because the facility (Evans Hall) really is second to none, and you will get a much better feel for the style and substance of the full-time MBA program. I'm also a Yale undergrad so I couldn't resist going back to campus and getting some Frank Pepe's with my dad.

Hang in there, everyone!

Info:

Invited to Interview on: 10/11/2017
Heard back via: Email
GMAT: 720, Q47, V42
WE (expected): 48 months
Industry: Insurance/Risk Management
Submited on: 2017/09/13
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  39   
Moderators: