It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 01:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Schools: CBS '20 (S)
Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2017, 11:34
souvik101990 wrote:
Yeah realistically speaking, it would probably a similar scene from last year as well right? Even on livewire it’s a similar scene. So maybe Indian invites are coming later or I am being too optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Maybe. I know some indians (currently in the US) who've gotten invites, but maybe they would be treated differently from folks residing/working in India. I'm not sure.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 35

Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2017, 11:51
anotherchicken wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
Yeah realistically speaking, it would probably a similar scene from last year as well right? Even on livewire it’s a similar scene. So maybe Indian invites are coming later or I am being too optimistic.

Maybe. I know some indians (currently in the US) who've gotten invites, but maybe they would be treated differently from folks residing/working in India. I'm not sure.

Invites are location based so they would definitely be treated differently.

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

Kudos [?]: 17626 [0], given: 1986

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2017, 11:53

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2017, 11:54
souvik101990 wrote:
Last year they weren’t location based - this year looks more like it.

How can they not be location based when your interview is done with an alum in your area?

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2017, 11:58
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
No idea! Last year Indian invites were VERY spread out, unlike Kellogg. I know someone who got invites 3 days after the deadline and a few others who got invites in early Nov. Strange but true.

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2017, 13:01
souvik101990 wrote:
No idea! Last year Indian invites were VERY spread out, unlike Kellogg. I know someone who got invites 3 days after the deadline and a few others who got invites in early Nov. Strange but true.

I'm dumb. Thought I was on the Kellogg forum.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 30 [1], given: 66

GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2017, 16:51
This post received
KUDOS
Hi asker4ik13,
I know exactly what you mean. The struggle is real. The wait is so tough. And the process is not completely fair to everyone.
Just want you to know that you're not alone.

Personally speaking, I've started to kinda enjoy it. It's like a tough challenge where one has to exercise great patience, keep yourself motivated and continue to work on applications as you receive the good & bad news. It's very difficult. And I hope the experience will be worth it for all of us in the end.

asker4ik13 wrote:
I am also very tired of waiting. Couldn't have even imagined that this process would be so mindblowing. Everyone is giving advice to stay relaxed. I can understand this approach. I was a volleyball player and know the feeling of competing in front of 10k visitors. It was heartbreaking nervotic atmosphere. And I also told myself to relax everytime.

However, application process should not be of the same level of pressure, you know. But it is. In my case, I am not a financial analytic, not a consultant. I am an entrepreneur in quite small businesses (up to $1.5mil annual revenue) and a former professional athlete. For me MBA is the only way to get additional business knowledge. Without it, I won't have opportunities for developing my own business and go towards my other entrepreneurial goals.

And then you realize that MBA is the only way to achieve your goals. Everyone is telling you that you have a great super story, great GMAT, but that seems to mean nothing. And you wait month after month, get declines from schools and your dream starts to fade with each decline. You can do nothing. This whole thing is not under your control. And that is the reason why it is impossible to relax.

Of course it is easy to relax when you are an investment banker with huge salary and WE. You are already fine, but MBA will give you additional money and opportunities. You know that even if you don't get an offer, you will reapply next year. Plus minus one year does not make a big difference for you. Sooner or later they will admit you anyway.

And, yes, it is very frustrating to not get an interview. Because in fact they declined you without even getting to know. This is what is really irritates me. There is not enough space in the application forms of several schools to tell my story. Yale, at least has video questions, which is good. And I hope to get an interview invite to at least try to tell them the rest of the story. Otherwise, I won't even have the chance.

GMAT Debrief - 770
bb's "The Definitive GMAT Study Plan" - 2016 Edition
Must read forum topics before you start your MBA application

Kudos [?]: 30 [1], given: 66

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 29

Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V46
GRE 1: 334 Q164 V170
GPA: 3
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 13:47
I actually ended up getting an interview invite Friday afternoon at 2PM. I thought I'd get to skip it... haha. But glad for another opportunity to advocate for my candidacy. Good luck to those still waiting. :-)

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 13:54
edgeook8 wrote:
I actually ended up getting an interview invite Friday afternoon at 2PM. I thought I'd get to skip it... haha. But glad for another opportunity to advocate for my candidacy. Good luck to those still waiting. :-)

That’s incredible man. BIG congratulations!

So wait. Yale sent out invites on Thursday and Friday? So strange! Where are you based btw?

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 14:06
souvik101990 wrote:
edgeook8 wrote:

So wait. Yale sent out invites on Thursday and Friday? So strange! Where are you based btw?

Yup seems really strange. Didn't hear of any other invites on Friday.

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V46
GRE 1: 334 Q164 V170
GPA: 3
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 14:22
gary611 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
edgeook8 wrote:

I'm based in the U.S. (Miami, FL to be exact). Perhaps AdCom sent the invite after I emailed them about the email which I had received earlier in the day congratulating me on getting an interview invite?

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 14:31
This post received
KUDOS
edgeook8 wrote:
gary611 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
[quote="edgeook8"]I actually ended up getting an interview invite Friday afternoon at 2PM. I thought I'd get to skip it... haha. But glad for another opportunity to advocate for my candidacy. Good luck to those still waiting. :-)

I'm based in the U.S. (Miami, FL to be exact). Perhaps AdCom sent the invite after I emailed them about the email which I had received earlier in the day congratulating me on getting an interview invite?[/quote]

Aah. Makes sense. Congratulations

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 12 [1], given: 6

GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 15:05
This post received
KUDOS
stoiczoan wrote:
Hi asker4ik13,
I know exactly what you mean. The struggle is real. The wait is so tough. And the process is not completely fair to everyone.
Just want you to know that you're not alone.

Personally speaking, I've started to kinda enjoy it. It's like a tough challenge where one has to exercise great patience, keep yourself motivated and continue to work on applications as you receive the good & bad news. It's very difficult. And I hope the experience will be worth it for all of us in the end.

asker4ik13 wrote:
I am also very tired of waiting. Couldn't have even imagined that this process would be so mindblowing. Everyone is giving advice to stay relaxed. I can understand this approach. I was a volleyball player and know the feeling of competing in front of 10k visitors. It was heartbreaking nervotic atmosphere. And I also told myself to relax everytime.

However, application process should not be of the same level of pressure, you know. But it is. In my case, I am not a financial analytic, not a consultant. I am an entrepreneur in quite small businesses (up to $1.5mil annual revenue) and a former professional athlete. For me MBA is the only way to get additional business knowledge. Without it, I won't have opportunities for developing my own business and go towards my other entrepreneurial goals.

And then you realize that MBA is the only way to achieve your goals. Everyone is telling you that you have a great super story, great GMAT, but that seems to mean nothing. And you wait month after month, get declines from schools and your dream starts to fade with each decline. You can do nothing. This whole thing is not under your control. And that is the reason why it is impossible to relax.

Of course it is easy to relax when you are an investment banker with huge salary and WE. You are already fine, but MBA will give you additional money and opportunities. You know that even if you don't get an offer, you will reapply next year. Plus minus one year does not make a big difference for you. Sooner or later they will admit you anyway.

And, yes, it is very frustrating to not get an interview. Because in fact they declined you without even getting to know. This is what is really irritates me. There is not enough space in the application forms of several schools to tell my story. Yale, at least has video questions, which is good. And I hope to get an interview invite to at least try to tell them the rest of the story. Otherwise, I won't even have the chance.

Thanks for your support man! I actually got an interview invite from another school two days ago. And now it's much easier for me, mentally I mean. Good luck everyone!

Kudos [?]: 12 [1], given: 6

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2017, 02:10

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 8

GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2017, 23:52
Is anyone coming to an on-campus interview on the 3rd of November?

Sent from my MI 6 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 8

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 03:18
I feel like the interview invite timings have gotten very random. Saw 2 at livewire on Monday, 1 on Friday. No big waves coming anymore?

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 6

GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 03:30
bblestrange wrote:
I feel like the interview invite timings have gotten very random. Saw 2 at livewire on Monday, 1 on Friday. No big waves coming anymore?

Could you please tell where do you look for the information regarding interviews? In decision tracker information is not much updating.

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 05:38
asker4ik13 wrote:
bblestrange wrote:

Could you please tell where do you look for the information regarding interviews? In decision tracker information is not much updating.

I check clearadmit, they have a page called livewire where people report their status updates.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Schools: Stanford '20 (S)

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 07:41
I got an invite early this morning around 9:30 EST. Based in NJ/healthcare.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 1

GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.91

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 09:15
This post received
KUDOS
CorporateFinancier wrote:
Is anyone coming to an on-campus interview on the 3rd of November?

Sent from my MI 6 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Yeah, I just got my invite this morning and will be going to interview on the 3rd. Funnily enough I was actually just up there since I wanted to see Tuck and do the applicant-initiated interview there, and went and visited SOM as well just because. I highly encourage all applicants to visit SOM because the facility (Evans Hall) really is second to none, and you will get a much better feel for the style and substance of the full-time MBA program. I'm also a Yale undergrad so I couldn't resist going back to campus and getting some Frank Pepe's with my dad.

Hang in there, everyone!

Info:

Invited to Interview on: 10/11/2017
Heard back via: Email
GMAT: 720, Q47, V42
WE (expected): 48 months
Industry: Insurance/Risk Management
Submited on: 2017/09/13

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 1

Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020   [#permalink] 11 Oct 2017, 09:15

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  23    Next  [ 452 posts ] 

Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap