Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:53 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Potential MBA application [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi there,
Thanks for your post. (And your service!). Certainly the GMAT will be important to nail, as you've mentioned, and I agree volunteering would be a plus... bonus points if there were any leadership as part of the volunteering, and I'd also suggest starting it asap too. I think we could give you even better, more personalized feedback with a resume review... so maybe consider doing our free 30 min consultation at some point so we can get to know you even better.... at the moment I feel that CBS and Wharton will likely be reaches... your more reasonable spot might be in the roughly 10-25 rankings (just approximately; as per US News).. also you'll be better positioned for scholarships/fellowships if you are stronger than the average class statistics or profile, so as you go slightly down the rankings, $$ chances may improve, something to keep in mind since that is something you've brought up. Finally, two important points given your background-- 1- highlight your leadership and teamwork skills developed in the military; and 2- be sure you are clear on the reasons WHY you need the MBA and exactly how it will help in your career, with clearly defined short and long term career goals. Keep us posted on how we can help!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you for the evaluation. I will look into the consultation, That would help me get the ball rolling.

Posted from my mobile device
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Potential MBA application [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Sure thing, you are most welcome!
Moderator:
1452 posts