Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:44 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 187 [0]
Given Kudos: 379
WE:Advertising (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [2]
Send PM
Re: powercut at testing center, mumbai june 1, '18 9am slot [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
ENEM wrote:
I dropped them the email...it's been 5 days but they haven't responded yet...they said they'll reply in 3-5 days. How long did it take them to reply to you?

Funny thing......I checked the email chain and they didn't reply within 5 days in my case too......I wrote back to them again after 10 days "It is already well past the timeline you had mentioned (3-5 working days) but I haven't yet received a response."

Got a reply the next day with a free reschedule.

I'd suggest wait for a couple more days. Maybe on Monday you can shoot a follow-up mail.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
powercut at testing center, mumbai june 1, '18 9am slot [#permalink]
nishantd88 wrote:
ENEM wrote:
I dropped them the email...it's been 5 days but they haven't responded yet...they said they'll reply in 3-5 days. How long did it take them to reply to you?

Funny thing......I checked the email chain and they didn't reply within 5 days in my case too......I wrote back to them again after 10 days "It is already well past the timeline you had mentioned (3-5 working days) but I haven't yet received a response."

Got a reply the next day with a free reschedule.

I'd suggest wait for a couple more days. Maybe on Monday you can shoot a follow-up mail.

Hi nishantd88

will you share the outline of the email you sent to them? I want to do my best to get a free retest...you can reword it if you like...I just want to understand the tone and style in which you wrote it...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
ENEM wrote:
will you share the outline of the email you sent to them? I want to do my best to get a free retest...you can reword it if you like...I just want to understand the tone and style in which you wrote it...

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

My name is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX, candidate ID XXXXXXXXX, date of birth: XXXXXXXX. I took the GMAT test on May 17, 2017 and I'm am writing to share my experience with you, particularly a disruption that occurred during my test.

The first 2 sections of my test, the AWA and the IR sections, went off smoothly without any hitch. I decided to take the break after the IR section. I returned to my seat within 4 minutes though I had upto 8 minutes. However, after reaching my seat, I was unable to login to the machine and kept on getting an authentication error. I called the test center administrator and he tried to fix it but it kept on failing. While all this was happening, the 8 minutes were over and the break started extending beyond that. This got me nervous and tensed as I realized that I would be losing time that I would have to complete the section. After multiple attempts, the login was finally successful but I ended up losing 4 minutes in the quantitative section. The result was that I ended up rushing through the section at times as I was always worried that I might run of time. The overall situation affected me mentally as I got tensed at the very start of the section. The thought that I might have committed mistake while rushing through the quantitative section played in the back of my mind during the verbal section as well. I had 8 minutes for the break between the quantitative and verbal section but I decided to return early as I feared that I would lose time again if the login error occurs again. Thankfully that didn't happen, but I ended up taking a shorter break than I would have liked. The overall impact is that I have a score that is lower than what I had expected.

To summarize, my complains are as follows
1. The login failure meant that I got less than 75 minutes for the quantitative section.
2. I rushed through some parts of the section which might have led to mistakes
3. I was mentally thrown off guard due to the unexpected situation and this affected me throughout the test.
4. I ended up taking a shorter second break than I would have liked out of fear that the problem would re-occur.

In conclusion, I would like to say that I had to take the GMAT in a scenario that was not in line with what the GMAC promises. While registering for the test, I expected that I would have a smooth testing experience but that was not the case.

You can get evidence of the issue I have described in the video recording of the test. It can be seen that the test center administrator enters the testing room several times during a 10 minute period to enter the login details into the computer. The same scenario I believe was faced by one other test-taker as well.

I request you to kindly look into the matter and consider my case. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,
Nishant Dey Purkayastha
Manager
Manager
Send PM
powercut at testing center, mumbai june 1, '18 9am slot [#permalink]
nishantd88 wrote:
ENEM wrote:

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

My name is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX, candidate ID XXXXXXXXX, date of birth: XXXXXXXX. I took the GMAT test on May 17, 2017 and I'm am writing to share my experience with you, particularly a disruption that occurred during my test.

The first 2 sections of my test, the AWA and the IR sections, went off smoothly without any hitch. I decided to take the break after the IR section. I returned to my seat within 4 minutes though I had upto 8 minutes. However, after reaching my seat, I was unable to login to the machine and kept on getting an authentication error. I called the test center administrator and he tried to fix it but it kept on failing. While all this was happening, the 8 minutes were over and the break started extending beyond that. This got me nervous and tensed as I realized that I would be losing time that I would have to complete the section. After multiple attempts, the login was finally successful but I ended up losing 4 minutes in the quantitative section. The result was that I ended up rushing through the section at times as I was always worried that I might run of time. The overall situation affected me mentally as I got tensed at the very start of the section. The thought that I might have committed mistake while rushing through the quantitative section played in the back of my mind during the verbal section as well. I had 8 minutes for the break between the quantitative and verbal section but I decided to return early as I feared that I would lose time again if the login error occurs again. Thankfully that didn't happen, but I ended up taking a shorter break than I would have liked. The overall impact is that I have a score that is lower than what I had expected.

To summarize, my complains are as follows
1. The login failure meant that I got less than 75 minutes for the quantitative section.
2. I rushed through some parts of the section which might have led to mistakes
3. I was mentally thrown off guard due to the unexpected situation and this affected me throughout the test.
4. I ended up taking a shorter second break than I would have liked out of fear that the problem would re-occur.

In conclusion, I would like to say that I had to take the GMAT in a scenario that was not in line with what the GMAC promises. While registering for the test, I expected that I would have a smooth testing experience but that was not the case.

You can get evidence of the issue I have described in the video recording of the test. It can be seen that the test center administrator enters the testing room several times during a 10 minute period to enter the login details into the computer. The same scenario I believe was faced by one other test-taker as well.

I request you to kindly look into the matter and consider my case. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,
Nishant Dey Purkayastha

they replied back with this...

I actually did not follow a part of their response...I think I'll write back to them because I didn't follow it...

"We do apologize that your experience during your exam appointment was less than satisfactory. If you believe we should review a decision we made about your exam, you may appeal to the GMAT Program within 30 days from the date of our decision. Under certain circumstances, we may shorten or extend the 30 days.

Please send your appeal in writing by email, mail, or fax to GMAT Customer Service. If you submit an appeal prior to GMAC receiving your Score Revocation Letter, it will be treated as the first appeal. Supporting documentation must be submitted for appeals concerning policy exceptions.

Please note: Scores are canceled if there is a good faith reason to question their validity. Your appeal must provide information that resolves these issues."

'Please send your appeal in writing by email, mail, or fax to GMAT Customer Service. If you submit an appeal prior to GMAC receiving your Score Revocation Letter, it will be treated as the first appeal. Supporting documentation must be submitted for appeals concerning policy exceptions. '

this seems ambiguous...

I don't want to cancel my score, I was hoping for a free retest. :/
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ENEM wrote:

they replied back with this...

I actually did not follow a part of their response...I think I'll write back to them because I didn't follow it...

"We do apologize that your experience during your exam appointment was less than satisfactory. If you believe we should review a decision we made about your exam, you may appeal to the GMAT Program within 30 days from the date of our decision. Under certain circumstances, we may shorten or extend the 30 days.

Please send your appeal in writing by email, mail, or fax to GMAT Customer Service. If you submit an appeal prior to GMAC receiving your Score Revocation Letter, it will be treated as the first appeal. Supporting documentation must be submitted for appeals concerning policy exceptions.

Please note: Scores are canceled if there is a good faith reason to question their validity. Your appeal must provide information that resolves these issues."

'Please send your appeal in writing by email, mail, or fax to GMAT Customer Service. If you submit an appeal prior to GMAC receiving your Score Revocation Letter, it will be treated as the first appeal. Supporting documentation must be submitted for appeals concerning policy exceptions. '

this seems ambiguous...

I don't want to cancel my score, I was hoping for a free retest. :/

I'm not sure what you wrote, but make sure that you say specifically what issue you faced, how you lost time and how it affected your performance.

Also, make the subject of your e-mail is 'Attention: GMAT Complaints'. Specify your details like candidate ID and testing date and ask them to refer to video footage to verify the issue.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Any latest reviews of the Andheri test centre?
GMAT Club Bot