Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:57 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Re: Practice test algorithm. [#permalink]
vyascd wrote:
But how do I take official mock now?
My situation is same as yours. In my previous attempt I practiced official mock. So can not use that again that willgive me unreliable score. Do you think I can do something else?
Any suggestions?

Posted from my mobile device

You need to buy Official mock (3-6). Otherwise, practice with these mocks and do not consider the score. Just work on accuracy and time management.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 4683 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT Date: 11-01-2019
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello,

Thanks for the post.

- It is completely possible to have 16 questions wrong and get V34 on the real GMAT. More than a dozen factors are considered in our scoring algorithm and the reasons for this combination of mistakes and score may be many; for example, a student getting more high difficulty questions correct.

- The difficulty of questions is defined by what percentage of takers in the past got a question correct. Hence, sometimes what may be easy for you may be difficult for a high proportion of students.

- A strong feedback that we get about our mocks is that the scores- split as well as total- are a fair representation. Rest, some students will feel a difference for the aforesaid and sometimes just psychological reasons (knowing that the mocks are not official).

- No mock, including the official mocks, can truly replicate the real GMAT as only the real exam leads to the real exam pressure to which different students respond differently. The talks of the difference between scores in mocks and the real GMAT are endless.

- One must consider the scores obtained in the mocks as one’s “potential”. Achieving the potential under exam pressure is another skill that a good test taker needs to develop. Here are some tips...— relax, take the GMAT as just another mock.— do not think about how you are doing on the test; just perform.— concentrate on one question at a time.— do not get stuck on one question for too long; mark and move on; remember, you can get the 99th percentile despite getting good ~15% questions incorrect.

As rightly mentioned by a user here, the true value of any mock lies in practice, analysis of mistakes, and learning from them.

We hope this helps.

All the best!
Experts' Global Team
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi ExpertsGlobal5,
Thanks for your reply. Would you mind sharing few factors from the dozen of your scoring algorithm? How is it so close to real GMAT/official mock?
It would be so exciting to know.

Thanks and Regards
GMAT Club Bot