Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:13 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm with Htown on this one. I scored an average of low to mid 600's on the PR exams, and mid 700's on the power prep exams. My final score was much closer to my powerprep scores. Take PR exams to improve your test taking ability (pacing etc.), and try to improve with their scoring system. But don't take the actual numbers seriously. Just look for improvement from one PR to the next. On the other hand my first PR score was higher than my last one, and my PP's were consistently higher than both. Also I believe that BB had reported that he scored a 750 without ever scoring higher than 640 on princeton exams. In short, don't let those scores bring you down. Good luck.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well as far as PP goes in terms of predicting ones scores , I would like to differ on that one as most of us are already onto OG before we give the PP which often leads to inflated scores. And thats the reason I gave the PP before I really started to use OG to see where I am and am sure if I givbe the test2 at the end of using OG I would have an inflated score. So not too sure if these tests are useful to predict ur accurate score. I agree the no of questions one gets right is a fair indication than anything else.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Agreed. I don't know why people take the first PP before the OG and the second PP after the OG (and right before the test). I understand that one might want to take an official practice "right" before the real deal for a confidence boost, but the score cannot be representative that way. I took both PPs before I hit the OG. If i need to take an official practice after, I'll just redo PP1 or 2.

Anyway, my suggestion: PR -> Kaplan -> PP1 -> Concentrate on areas in which you scored poorly on PP1 -> PP2 -> OG -> error log -> PP 1 -> GMAT -> top 10 Bschool

I'm taking the GMAT in mid September (I am in the OG phase of my prep).

By the way, I think a funny SC would be "
I am giving my test in mid September. With possible answers such as "I am writing my test in mid September" and "I am taking my test in mid September" I think if this question were asked, 90% of the people on this board would get it wrong.

Anyway, cheers

Htown
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
yeah thats very much true and gives a true picture and the areas to improve before the exam. Whats been ur scores on PP before u hit OG. One thing more I felt that practicing on OG and practicing on a computer has quite a few differences. One tesnds to get more tired working on the PC. So I would suggest that the more time one spends on the computer practicing , the better it is. Just my personal experience.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
PP1 a couple of weeks ago = 740
PP2 yesterday = 730

Hopefully these will be representative, although everyone seems to say the actual quant is more difficult (and currently I'm doing marginally better on verbal Q48 V42 split)

I'm about to hit the OG today. I have some more CAT tests to take (2 PRs and 5 Arcos) so that I don't get too used to paper-based questions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Htown, I think you just asked a question and answered it. Many people take a PP the day before the test as practice, not because they assume that the score will be identical to what they receive on the real thing. Even if the score you receive isn't representative, it still gives you scoring information (such as..how many you can miss and still get a particular score). This is useful to those who've been using junk software from prep companies.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I gave 3 tests in Princeton..

First = 590
Second 710
Third 710

Actual GMAT 620(96% Quan and was disappointed after getting the score I though Princeton FLT(Full length tests) were very easy..
I was expecting 700 at least..Giving the exam again..Aiming for 700 again and using ARCO's CD this time..Wish me luck Please..
I am bored of politics in my current Job
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
PR scores: 720, 730, 730
PP scores: 720, 770

Real one - 710
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]