GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Jul 2018, 06:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile evaluation

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Status: You have to have the darkness for the dawn to come
Joined: 09 Nov 2012
Posts: 316
Daboo: Sonu
GMAT 1: 590 Q49 V20
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Profile evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2017, 09:49
Please reviw my profile
I want a basic assessment of my profile to find out suitable colleges for me.
ON 4th August, I appeared for the GMAT for the third time and scored 730 (q50, V38 IR 7 AWA 4.0).

I am a male 31, Engineer, Graduated in 2010 from Haldia Institute of Technology and scored 8.44 (DGPA) out of 10.
I have an experience of 6.4 years in PSU (NALCO), A govt of India Enterprise.
Of which 1 year as a GET. Next 3 years as a Junior Manager. Then after working as
an Asst. Manager (E&I) at mines. For the first five years, I am in operation department of
Power Plant, Responsible for Power generation, energy export and import. Then after I started working at Bauxite Mines of the same Company. I responsibility involves all the E&I related activities,
Spares planning and all the E&I related projects.
Got two no of SARJANA AWARDS from my Company.
In the Year 2015, I got elected as a Joint Secretary of our Officers' Association. As a Joint Secretary
I am representing the entire officers' community in front of Higher management.
I am sponsoring a girl Child towards her education from the last 4 years through world vision India.
Proposed a plan to our operations department to start a program to feed orphans at a local orphanage. Through which, every month, we are giving 100kgs.
few more extra curricular activities are there.

The basic reason for MBA
Though selection process at PSU is very rigorous, after getting selected, Jobs at PSU offer very little challenges.
Work is full of Monotony. One will feel stagnated after working for few years. You get promotions after every 3 years but
the nature of works remain same for at least 15 years. You have wait too long to become GM, even if you talented.
Please do suggest the name of few colleges to which I can apply
_________________

You have to have the darkness for the dawn to come.

Give Kudos if you like my post

Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 06 Dec 2016
Posts: 263
Re: Profile evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2017, 15:55
Hi, and thanks for writing! In order to assess your profile and suggest potential schools to research, I would need to know: 1. what would you like to do post-MBA, and would you like to switch careers or remain in a similar function/industry in a higher capacity? 2. Post-MBA, do you want to stay in India or live/work elsewhere? Thanks!




daboo343 wrote:
Please reviw my profile
I want a basic assessment of my profile to find out suitable colleges for me.
ON 4th August, I appeared for the GMAT for the third time and scored 730 (q50, V38 IR 7 AWA 4.0).

I am a male 31, Engineer, Graduated in 2010 from Haldia Institute of Technology and scored 8.44 (DGPA) out of 10.
I have an experience of 6.4 years in PSU (NALCO), A govt of India Enterprise.
Of which 1 year as a GET. Next 3 years as a Junior Manager. Then after working as
an Asst. Manager (E&I) at mines. For the first five years, I am in operation department of
Power Plant, Responsible for Power generation, energy export and import. Then after I started working at Bauxite Mines of the same Company. I responsibility involves all the E&I related activities,
Spares planning and all the E&I related projects.
Got two no of SARJANA AWARDS from my Company.
In the Year 2015, I got elected as a Joint Secretary of our Officers' Association. As a Joint Secretary
I am representing the entire officers' community in front of Higher management.
I am sponsoring a girl Child towards her education from the last 4 years through world vision India.
Proposed a plan to our operations department to start a program to feed orphans at a local orphanage. Through which, every month, we are giving 100kgs.
few more extra curricular activities are there.

The basic reason for MBA
Though selection process at PSU is very rigorous, after getting selected, Jobs at PSU offer very little challenges.
Work is full of Monotony. One will feel stagnated after working for few years. You get promotions after every 3 years but
the nature of works remain same for at least 15 years. You have wait too long to become GM, even if you talented.
Please do suggest the name of few colleges to which I can apply

_________________

Nisha Trivedi
mbaMission Admissions Consultant

Website: http://www.mbamission.com
Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Image

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Status: You have to have the darkness for the dawn to come
Joined: 09 Nov 2012
Posts: 316
Daboo: Sonu
GMAT 1: 590 Q49 V20
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Profile evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2017, 21:37
mbaMissionNishaT wrote:
Hi, and thanks for writing! In order to assess your profile and suggest potential schools to research, I would need to know: 1. what would you like to do post-MBA, and would you like to switch careers or remain in a similar function/industry in a higher capacity? 2. Post-MBA, do you want to stay in India or live/work elsewhere? Thanks!




daboo343 wrote:
Please reviw my profile
I want a basic assessment of my profile to find out suitable colleges for me.
ON 4th August, I appeared for the GMAT for the third time and scored 730 (q50, V38 IR 7 AWA 4.0).

I am a male 31, Engineer, Graduated in 2010 from Haldia Institute of Technology and scored 8.44 (DGPA) out of 10.
I have an experience of 6.4 years in PSU (NALCO), A govt of India Enterprise.
Of which 1 year as a GET. Next 3 years as a Junior Manager. Then after working as
an Asst. Manager (E&I) at mines. For the first five years, I am in operation department of
Power Plant, Responsible for Power generation, energy export and import. Then after I started working at Bauxite Mines of the same Company. I responsibility involves all the E&I related activities,
Spares planning and all the E&I related projects.
Got two no of SARJANA AWARDS from my Company.
In the Year 2015, I got elected as a Joint Secretary of our Officers' Association. As a Joint Secretary
I am representing the entire officers' community in front of Higher management.
I am sponsoring a girl Child towards her education from the last 4 years through world vision India.
Proposed a plan to our operations department to start a program to feed orphans at a local orphanage. Through which, every month, we are giving 100kgs.
few more extra curricular activities are there.

The basic reason for MBA
Though selection process at PSU is very rigorous, after getting selected, Jobs at PSU offer very little challenges.
Work is full of Monotony. One will feel stagnated after working for few years. You get promotions after every 3 years but
the nature of works remain same for at least 15 years. You have wait too long to become GM, even if you talented.
Please do suggest the name of few colleges to which I can apply


what would you like to do post-MBA and would you like to switch careers or remain in a similar function/industry in a higher capacity?
Post MBA I want to move ahead in the same domain but as a consultant. An MBA can help me learn how to become a good consultant.
Consulting will offer me new learning whenever I am involved with a new client and new project.

As we all know the job of a consultant is tough. He has to move from one place to another. He has to meet different clients. He has to talk to people who are not coming from the same culture. So an MBA whose class is diverse can help me learn different cultures and mindsets. Even I learn How to accommodate myself in such a culture. And an International MBA can give me all that.

Reason for shifting domain

1) It can help me develop myself
2) It can help me to wide variety of experiences
3) consulting instills in it's recruits an extraordinary amount of discipline and technique that consultant would be hard-pressed to gain an intense and focused level elsewhere.
4) It offers incredible experiences and career prospects.
5) it always asks for a significant investment of my time and energy and by giving both time and energy, I can learn more and more.
5) consultants have to travel a lot and they get an opportunity to meet people from different culture and I want to learn different cultures, their way of thinking....
6 Consulting can be a great way to gain experience in many kinds of areas.
7) it is an art of making connections not only in terms of work but perhaps most importantly with people and I love to connect with people

8) you will be constantly challenged and asked to do things that you may never have done before. It requires more than just the desire to do it to succeed. It means I will be constantly challenged

So, in short consulting is a varied profession with project and client changing constantly.


Post-MBA, do you want to stay in India or live/work elsewhere?
I never think about that, I can work anywhere in the world
_________________

You have to have the darkness for the dawn to come.

Give Kudos if you like my post

Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 06 Dec 2016
Posts: 263
Re: Profile evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2017, 11:45
Thanks for your response! Regarding schools - geography is important. For U.S., all of the Top 20 schools have strong relationships with consulting firms, but you need to make a strong case for why the program is the right fit for you based on its resources (so definitely do your research). With international programs - some to look at are INSEAD, LBS (both very competitive), Oxford, and the IIMs.

Hope that helps provide a good start - let me know of any other questions :)



daboo343 wrote:
mbaMissionNishaT wrote:
Hi, and thanks for writing! In order to assess your profile and suggest potential schools to research, I would need to know: 1. what would you like to do post-MBA, and would you like to switch careers or remain in a similar function/industry in a higher capacity? 2. Post-MBA, do you want to stay in India or live/work elsewhere? Thanks!




daboo343 wrote:
Please reviw my profile
I want a basic assessment of my profile to find out suitable colleges for me.
ON 4th August, I appeared for the GMAT for the third time and scored 730 (q50, V38 IR 7 AWA 4.0).

I am a male 31, Engineer, Graduated in 2010 from Haldia Institute of Technology and scored 8.44 (DGPA) out of 10.
I have an experience of 6.4 years in PSU (NALCO), A govt of India Enterprise.
Of which 1 year as a GET. Next 3 years as a Junior Manager. Then after working as
an Asst. Manager (E&I) at mines. For the first five years, I am in operation department of
Power Plant, Responsible for Power generation, energy export and import. Then after I started working at Bauxite Mines of the same Company. I responsibility involves all the E&I related activities,
Spares planning and all the E&I related projects.
Got two no of SARJANA AWARDS from my Company.
In the Year 2015, I got elected as a Joint Secretary of our Officers' Association. As a Joint Secretary
I am representing the entire officers' community in front of Higher management.
I am sponsoring a girl Child towards her education from the last 4 years through world vision India.
Proposed a plan to our operations department to start a program to feed orphans at a local orphanage. Through which, every month, we are giving 100kgs.
few more extra curricular activities are there.

The basic reason for MBA
Though selection process at PSU is very rigorous, after getting selected, Jobs at PSU offer very little challenges.
Work is full of Monotony. One will feel stagnated after working for few years. You get promotions after every 3 years but
the nature of works remain same for at least 15 years. You have wait too long to become GM, even if you talented.
Please do suggest the name of few colleges to which I can apply


what would you like to do post-MBA and would you like to switch careers or remain in a similar function/industry in a higher capacity?
Post MBA I want to move ahead in the same domain but as a consultant. An MBA can help me learn how to become a good consultant.
Consulting will offer me new learning whenever I am involved with a new client and new project.

As we all know the job of a consultant is tough. He has to move from one place to another. He has to meet different clients. He has to talk to people who are not coming from the same culture. So an MBA whose class is diverse can help me learn different cultures and mindsets. Even I learn How to accommodate myself in such a culture. And an International MBA can give me all that.

Reason for shifting domain

1) It can help me develop myself
2) It can help me to wide variety of experiences
3) consulting instills in it's recruits an extraordinary amount of discipline and technique that consultant would be hard-pressed to gain an intense and focused level elsewhere.
4) It offers incredible experiences and career prospects.
5) it always asks for a significant investment of my time and energy and by giving both time and energy, I can learn more and more.
5) consultants have to travel a lot and they get an opportunity to meet people from different culture and I want to learn different cultures, their way of thinking....
6 Consulting can be a great way to gain experience in many kinds of areas.
7) it is an art of making connections not only in terms of work but perhaps most importantly with people and I love to connect with people

8) you will be constantly challenged and asked to do things that you may never have done before. It requires more than just the desire to do it to succeed. It means I will be constantly challenged

So, in short consulting is a varied profession with project and client changing constantly.


Post-MBA, do you want to stay in India or live/work elsewhere?
I never think about that, I can work anywhere in the world

_________________

Nisha Trivedi
mbaMission Admissions Consultant

Website: http://www.mbamission.com
Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Image

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Aug 2017
Posts: 2
Re: Profile evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2017, 22:49
Dear experts,

I'm planning to write GMAT in November. Since I'll be running late for applications, should I start preparing essays right away for wait for GMAT score.

Thanks in advance
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Profile evaluation

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.