GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Nov 2018, 03:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • MBA Interview Prep: How to Ace Your Interviews

November 15, 2018

November 15, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

Learn the steps you need to take to ace your interviews and get accepted!
  • Advice For Applicants Considering Round 2

November 16, 2018

November 16, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

Many of you may be wondering whether you should pull the trigger and apply to business school during round 2 this winter.

Profile Evaluation and School Suggestions Please

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Duke '21 (S)
GMAT ToolKit User
Profile Evaluation and School Suggestions Please  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2018, 11:14
Hi,

I am an Indian female, looking for a MBA in US, UK with focus towards Clean energy, infrastructure finance (Project finance). Kindly suggest universities that I should target.

Glad to connect with Alumni or current students for the same field or similar profile.

- Aim to work in asset management co

Profile -
3.5 years of exp at the time of intake
- 1.5 years as an M&A Research Analyst - Oil and Gas Sector (Startup)
- 1 year as an investment Analyst with a Solar EPC player focused towards project and Platform finance (Startup)
- Currently working an Financial Modelling Analyst in a global firm focused towards infrastructure sector

Education - B.A (H) Economics, PG Diploma Financial Management (non MBA Program) - 70% and above in both

GMAT 650

Thanks in advance.
Sia Admissions Representative
S
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Re: Profile Evaluation and School Suggestions Please  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2018, 11:39
Hi Tanvi94,

Thank you for your post. Are you able to retake the GMAT? Comparing your profile to your competitors in the same demographic, you will have a difficult time gaining admission to top programs in the US; the UK b-schools will look for more substantial work experience.

Happy to continue the conversation with a 30-minute free profile evaluation. If interested, click here to coordinate.

Good luck!

Tanvi94 wrote:
Hi,

I am an Indian female, looking for a MBA in US, UK with focus towards Clean energy, infrastructure finance (Project finance). Kindly suggest universities that I should target.

Glad to connect with Alumni or current students for the same field or similar profile.

Profile -
- 1 year as an investment Analyst with a Solar EPC player focused towards project and Platform finance (Startup)
- Currently working an Financial Modelling Analyst in a global firm focused towards infrastructure sector

Education - B.A (H) Economics, PG Diploma Financial Management (non MBA Program) - 70% and above in both

GMAT 650

Thanks in advance.

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a free consultation

Director
Director
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2018, 03:01
Hello Tanvi94

With your current GMAT score, targeting top US and UK schools might be slightly difficult.
For a better understanding of your profile you may also want to mention around career progression, achievements at work and extracurricular activities.
Based on qualitative info on the above it will be easier to shortlist schools.
You may want to read here on what makes a complete profile and here on career goals.
For a more personalized discussion, you may get in touch.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Tanvi94 wrote:
Hi,

Profile -

GMAT 650

Thanks in advance.

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

SVP
SVP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2018, 17:33
Tanvi94 I'm afraid I have to concur with my colleagues about the GMAT. You will want to add at least 50 points for traction with European schools UK schools and 70 points for US schools. Texas is one that you should check out, also take a look at Rotterdam Erasmus in Amsterdam which is known for energy.

http://mbaprepcoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Tepper '21
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V30

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2018, 11:06
I gave GMAT and scored 660 (Q 49,V 30,IR 3).I am a marine engineer with 4 years of work experience.I have sailed only on foreign going vessels till now in my career with different nationalities every time.I have done B Tech in mArine engineering from MERI Kolkata.Indian maritime university.I graduated with an aggregate percentage of 76.7% (with distinction).I have worked with several NGO’S throughout my career.My present age is 26.I have not given TOEFL yet.My Percentage in class X IS 90 and in Class 12 ,It is 81 .What are my chances for Rotman ?
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2018, 20:47
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
... Rotterdam Erasmus in Amsterdam ...

Really?
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2018, 21:41
Hello Aditya66751

Your work ex will help you stand out, however, the GMAT makes the case a bit 'iffy'.
Either retake with a 680+ or focus on showcasing qualitative strengths such as achievements and impact at work, extracurricular and other such 'spikes' in your profile.
Lastly, the profile is incomplete without a mention of career goals- and this would be critical to your application as well.
You may want to read here on the factors that matter in your written applications and here on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Aditya66751 wrote:
I gave GMAT and scored 660 (Q 49,V 30,IR 3).I am a marine engineer with 4 years of work experience.I have sailed only on foreign going vessels till now in my career with different nationalities every time.I have done B Tech in mArine engineering from MERI Kolkata.Indian maritime university.I graduated with an aggregate percentage of 76.7% (with distinction).I have worked with several NGO’S throughout my career.My present age is 26.I have not given TOEFL yet.My Percentage in class X IS 90 and in Class 12 ,It is 81 .What are my chances for Rotman ?

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Experts' Global Representative
G

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2018, 04:40
Tanvi94 wrote:
Hi,

Profile -

GMAT 650

Thanks in advance.

Hello Tanvi94,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Your current GMAT score is on the lower side and if you are looking at the top US programs, we strongly recommend a retake. With regard to UK schools, they prefer candidates with slightly higher work experience :-)

In order to assess your profile better, we suggest that you watch the following video:

All the best! :-)

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Experts' Global Representative
G

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2018, 04:49
Aditya66751 wrote:

Hello Aditya66751,

Thanks for your query.

You must consider retaking the GMAT if you are targetting Rotman :-) While you have differentiated work experience and international exposure, the GMAT expectations will be higher for you (as an Indian candidate).

All the best!

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation and School Suggestions Please &nbs [#permalink] 18 Oct 2018, 04:49

Profile Evaluation and School Suggestions Please

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap