GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Sep 2018, 23:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile evaluation and shortlisting Canadian B-schools for 2019 intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 610 Q48 V27
CAT Tests
Profile evaluation and shortlisting Canadian B-schools for 2019 intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2018, 00:22
Hi,

I seek advise in shortlisting Canadian B-schools for 2019 intake with the help of my profile below:

I am a Chartered Accountant (CA) from India with two years of work experience post completion of CA.

I've done my articleship in Deloitte for three years in statutory audit (catering companies of various industries including but not limited to NBFC, Asset management companies, infrastructure, Insurance (Life/General - both), etc.). Out of aforementioned three years, two years of work has been post graduation.

My post qualification work experience as a CA has been divided into two areas, as a valuation analyst for 1 year (have valued mostly US based start-up companies) and one year as assistant manager finance in automobile industry.

I have also cleared CFA Level-2 exam in June 2018 and am planning to give Level-3 exam in June 2019. I have volunteered for Make-a-Difference (NGO) for one year as a teacher.

I have done my B.com from Mumbai university with 67% in T.Y.B.com [I don't know if my FYBcom and SYBcom score matters, but it is 55% in each year]. My score in SSC-78.92% and HSC-81%.

Having mentioned above background my GMAT score is a bit on lower side. It is a 610 (Q48V27), IR 55% and AWA 6.0 (89%). I do not intend to reappear GMAT and am looking for 2019 intake in good university.
[Other extra curricular includes participation in half-marathon for a cause, street play in college and making of a youtube short film which got 160,000+ views and 1k likes and 500 subscribers for a zero budget movie made in a week's span.]

Rotman has a GMAT waiver for a candidate who has cleared all three levels of CFA, since my Level 3 is in June 2019, I wont be able to go for this waiver, however, I wanted to know much weight would my CFA Level-2 would add weight to a low GMAT score.

I am looking for Universities like Rotman, Schulich, Ryerson, Alberta, HEC montreal, Sauder, etc. I would really appreciate if anyone can help me understand my chances. Further, If you can suggest good B-schools as per your view, it will be of great help. I am looking for B-schools with placements of above 85-90% within 3 months of graduation and average compensation above CAD 80,000.

Thank you for reading my profile,
Sumit
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: Profile evaluation and shortlisting Canadian B-schools for 2019 intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2018, 04:31
Hello Sumitdave

Though your profile is good, with this GMAT it will be tricky.
CFA will add some weight but perhaps not enough to compensate.
People do get in with low scores in these Canadian schools, but as an Indian you may face a stiff competition.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Sumitdave wrote:
Hi,

I seek advise in shortlisting Canadian B-schools for 2019 intake with the help of my profile below:

I am a Chartered Accountant (CA) from India with two years of work experience post completion of CA.

I've done my articleship in Deloitte for three years in statutory audit (catering companies of various industries including but not limited to NBFC, Asset management companies, infrastructure, Insurance (Life/General - both), etc.). Out of aforementioned three years, two years of work has been post graduation.

My post qualification work experience as a CA has been divided into two areas, as a valuation analyst for 1 year (have valued mostly US based start-up companies) and one year as assistant manager finance in automobile industry.

I have also cleared CFA Level-2 exam in June 2018 and am planning to give Level-3 exam in June 2019. I have volunteered for Make-a-Difference (NGO) for one year as a teacher.

I have done my B.com from Mumbai university with 67% in T.Y.B.com [I don't know if my FYBcom and SYBcom score matters, but it is 55% in each year]. My score in SSC-78.92% and HSC-81%.

Having mentioned above background my GMAT score is a bit on lower side. It is a 610 (Q48V27), IR 55% and AWA 6.0 (89%). I do not intend to reappear GMAT and am looking for 2019 intake in good university.
[Other extra curricular includes participation in half-marathon for a cause, street play in college and making of a youtube short film which got 160,000+ views and 1k likes and 500 subscribers for a zero budget movie made in a week's span.]

Rotman has a GMAT waiver for a candidate who has cleared all three levels of CFA, since my Level 3 is in June 2019, I wont be able to go for this waiver, however, I wanted to know much weight would my CFA Level-2 would add weight to a low GMAT score.

I am looking for Universities like Rotman, Schulich, Ryerson, Alberta, HEC montreal, Sauder, etc. I would really appreciate if anyone can help me understand my chances. Further, If you can suggest good B-schools as per your view, it will be of great help. I am looking for B-schools with placements of above 85-90% within 3 months of graduation and average compensation above CAD 80,000.

Sumit

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 610 Q48 V27
CAT Tests
Re: Profile evaluation and shortlisting Canadian B-schools for 2019 intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2018, 23:18
Hi Varun,

Thank you for your reply, how about other B-schools like Ryerson, SFU, etc. which are also good, but I could see that their Average GMAT is somewhere around 612-630?

Thanks,
Sumit

MBAkarma wrote:
Hello Sumitdave

People do get in with low scores in these Canadian schools, but as an Indian you may face a stiff competition.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Sumitdave wrote:
Hi,

Sumit
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2018, 03:19
The closer you are to a school's GMAT, the less a problem.
However, GMAT is not the only factor here.
Also, a lot of these schools look at Indians to take their averages up, so a low score may not help much considering your background.
All said your profile has the goods to take you through in some of these schools.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Sumitdave wrote:
Hi Varun,

Thank you for your reply, how about other B-schools like Ryerson, SFU, etc. which are also good, but I could see that their Average GMAT is somewhere around 612-630?

Thanks,
Sumit

MBAkarma wrote:
Hello Sumitdave

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Sumitdave wrote:
Hi,

Sumit

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile evaluation and shortlisting Canadian B-schools for 2019 intake &nbs [#permalink] 07 Sep 2018, 03:19

Profile evaluation and shortlisting Canadian B-schools for 2019 intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap