Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:51 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1022 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1022 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 434
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GPA: 4
Send PM
Profile evaluation and suitable course [#permalink]
Hi Cindy,
I am working professional in one of reputated MNC as a data analyst from last 4.5 year . I am having experience of manging a 10 member team for more than 2 years. I have done my BE in mechanical engineering from tier 2 college.
Engineering 83 percent
12th 66%
10th 78%
With my work I m perusing CFA as of now I am level 3 candidate. I have also passed NISM Certification and also certified in Financial modelling. I am mainly looking for finance profile in ISB or IIM A.
I am giving my first attempt for GMAT coming feb.
I am active member of CSR done by my company and been part of my social activity around the city.

Please let me know if you need more info

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by Aman1012 on 21 Jan 2020, 10:54.
Last edited by Aman1012 on 24 Jan 2020, 00:00, edited 1 time in total.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Raxit,

Based on your long term goal of starting your own venture, I would recommend the MBA over the PhD. The PhD is geared more towards academics, usually for someone who has interest in teaching or research. For admission to the joint degree programs, the criteria would be the same as the MBA program at the school, plus you would need to make a case to the adcom as to why you need the joint degree and what you would do with it. You would also need to have an academic or professional background relevant to the other degree.

In order for us to give you a more thorough analysis, we need to know more details such as your short and long term goals, what differentiates you, as well as your resume. I encourage you to contact us through our website (https://admissionado.com/free-consultation) to schedule a free 30 minute consultation. Before the call, you will complete a questionnaire and provide your resume. During the call, a consultant will give you an assessment based on the info you provided, and you can ask follow up questions.

Best,
Cindy
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation and suitable course [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Aman1012,

Your work experience is good and having direct people management experience will definitely help differentiate you from the other applicants. Both ISB and IIMA are competitive to get into, and both have average GMAT scores of 700. Your number of years of work experience would help you with ISB, where at least 2 years of work experience is required. Compared to IIMA, where most students have less than 2 years of experience and the school views anything over 2 years the same as 2 years. IIMA prefers applicants with strong academics, and given that you went to a tier 2 college, that could be a disadvantage. ISB values work experience more than academics, so you would probably have a better chance with them than IIMA. Of course, this is just a general assessment given the limited information that you provided. For a more thorough analysis, we would need to see your resume, know what your interests and goals are, as well as what differentiates you from other candidates with similar academic and professional backgrounds.

Odds of acceptance aside, which program is better for you also depends on your goals and what experiences you need to achieve those goals. IIMA is a 2 year program, whereas IIMA is a 1 year program. How long do you want to be in school vs working? Do you need/want an internship to try something new? More graduates from IIMA go into finance/banking, which would align more with your interests.

If you would like a more thorough assessment, please reach out to us at https://admissionado.com/free-consultation. We would be happy to schedule a free 30 minute consultation for you, where you will get feedback from a consultant and be able to ask follow up questions.

Best,
Cindy
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 434
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi Cindy,

Thanks a lot for elaborating the scenario.

For IIM A I am actually looking for its 1 year executive program not 2 year program(For Indian they need CAT score card in case of 2 years program). They accept only GMAT in case of Executive program. So just want to know your thoughts on that 1 year program

I have one more question for you

Can you suggest me some good US /Canada/UK base college for MBA in Finance(I am comfortable with both 1 year and 2 years program) that are equivalent to ISB/IIMA or above?

Thanks in Advance.

Have nice day
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts