GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 May 2019, 00:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile evaluation for MSF program

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Profile evaluation for MSF program  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2017, 12:31
Hello all,

I am a BE mechanical 4 th year student pursuing from one of the top university of india and i have decided to switch my field to finance sector and basically targeting europe for MSF and i want to apply for the fall program of 2018 so what are my chances of acceptance in any1 of the below with the given profile
-HEC
-ESSEC
- EM Lyon
-Skemea school of business
-Eada School of business
-Esade school of business

My Profile
Age -22
GMAT -680
TOEFL- 90
GPA -2.5
Internships - Electrosteel Limited, SAIL ( Steel Authority of India Limited)
Co Curricular - Played for U-17 SAIL football team , Semifinalist (in top 50 out of 9000 entries ) in asia's one the biggest entrepreneurship event "Eureka" conducted by IIT Bombay , Top 4 out of 150 teams in entrepreneurship event "Business Venture " conducted by IIT Kanpur

Would be grateful for your suggestions

Thank You

Sent from my HTC Desire 816G dual sim using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Director
Director
G
Re: Profile evaluation for MSF program  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2017, 05:52
Issue is the following.

GPA - assuming that 2.5 is based on a US 4.0 scale, that is low.
GMAT - 680 isn't horrible, but it isn't stand out either
TOEFL - Pretty low

Top school in India will help and your major will offset the lower GPA to a degree. The spanish programs you are looking at seem about right. I'd maybe look at some lower ranked UK programs. HEC is almost out of range and a long shot. I don't know too much about the other ones.
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2017, 07:24
UK is something i am avoiding because of worst immigration policy and it is very expensive in comparison to rest of the european countries and also i hv decided to retake the gmat next month with target score 700+ and do i stand a good chance for EMLyon with the above score for MSF

Thanks for your suggestion

Sent from my HTC Desire 816G dual sim using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2017, 07:14
Hey there,

Masters in Finance , being one of the most competitive MiM degrees, generally favors some kind of background in finance (Academics/Work Experience) in its applicants.

Since you want to transition directly from technology to finance without work experience, you will have to showcase a strong motivation and a solid long term goal in application.

You do have a quantitative background, which you can use to support your mathematical acumen.
Having said that, top B-Schools like HEC are extremely competitive and are known to attract more applicants than Harvard’s MBA program!
So, it might be a challenge to differentiate yourself from the applicant pool.

As far as your scores are concerned, most of your Target schools do not require a TOEFL score.

Your GMAT Score is pretty good although your CGPA is lower than what is needed for Europe MSF programs.
However, you can compensate for it by highlighting your other strengths like your leadership skills, internships, passion for finance, projects etc. Essays are an excellent space to do this, so make sure that you are spending enough time perfecting them.

You have a host of extra-curriculars but what really matters is what impact you created through each one of them.
So remember to quantify your achievements and rewards in your application.

You can find some tips on how to tackle the M.Fin application here http://www.mim-essay.com/masters-finance-essay-editing/

Good luck!

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile evaluation for MSF program   [#permalink] 11 Jul 2017, 07:14

Profile evaluation for MSF program

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap