It is currently 17 Nov 2017, 10:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation:GMAT 710 & 9yrs of Technology Consulting experience

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 103

Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
CAT Tests
Profile Evaluation:GMAT 710 & 9yrs of Technology Consulting experience [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2017, 11:19
Hi,

I have recently taken GMAT and after 4 unsuccessful attempts to crack 700, I was finally able to do so. I finally got 710 (Q50, V38, IR 5). I am 33 yrs old and have 9 yrs of technology consulting experience in top Multinational firms and I am looking to bend my future career goals towards Management Consulting. I am targeting Fall of 2018 session and hence I am in for R2. I am interested in Full Time MBA from any of the prestigious colleges across the world. I am open for any geography (US, UK, APAC), but preferentially, I am looking at top 20 US colleges.

I am attaching my resume which describes my profile and career achievements briefly. I would like to have my profile evaluated and get a general high-level sense on my chances and guidance on how to better my submissions for R2.

I am eagerly looking for earnest responses here as I feel if I couldn't break through this year in an FT-MBA course, I would have to dump my plans for a full-time MBA and look into Executive MBA course offered by colleges, as my experience is tending towards higher range of average work experience of these colleges. I don't want to do an executive MBA as I don't feel an Executive MBA would get me the right depth and breadth that I am looking to achieve from an FT-MBA course.

P.S: Since I belong to a very competitive applicant pool (~ Technology Consulting, India ), do experts feel that I should retake GMAT and better my score or is the current score along with my profile present a strong case for selection at these schools?
Attachments

File comment: Resume Vaibhav Kumar
Resume_VaibhavKumar.pdf [595.64 KiB]
Downloaded 11 times

To download please login or register as a user

Citius, Altius, Fortius

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 103

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Affiliations: 99colleges.com

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 4

Schools: Wharton
Re: Profile Evaluation:GMAT 710 & 9yrs of Technology Consulting experience [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 05:56
Being an older applicant, you need to present a strong case for why you need a full-time MBA at this stage. You can read more on this here. Your GMAT score is a tad lower for your applicant pool, considering you’re applying to top-20 programs. It’s definitely not low, but then you’re competing with many others with similar background. Irrespective of whether you improve the score or not, write strong applications, thinking of ways in which your profile could be different from other applicants with similar backgrounds.

Anil, MBA (Wharton)| MBA Admissions Consultant

Consulting| Contact at anil@99colleges.com for your queries on MBA Admissions

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 4

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 3

Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
Re: Profile Evaluation:GMAT 710 & 9yrs of Technology Consulting experience [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 02:36
Hi,

You will find it difficult to break into the top-20 US at the current GMAT score level (as an Indian applicant).

You could attempt a few good European schools, and/or lower ranked American schools in R2. If you wish to discuss more, please get in touch with us through the link below. Also, please read throught his article on the application process for older applicants: http://mbaadmissions.augustacademy.in/mba-over-30/

Regards,
Karthik

TheMechanic wrote:
Hi,

I have recently taken GMAT and after 4 unsuccessful attempts to crack 700, I was finally able to do so. I finally got 710 (Q50, V38, IR 5). I am 33 yrs old and have 9 yrs of technology consulting experience in top Multinational firms and I am looking to bend my future career goals towards Management Consulting. I am targeting Fall of 2018 session and hence I am in for R2. I am interested in Full Time MBA from any of the prestigious colleges across the world. I am open for any geography (US, UK, APAC), but preferentially, I am looking at top 20 US colleges.

I am attaching my resume which describes my profile and career achievements briefly. I would like to have my profile evaluated and get a general high-level sense on my chances and guidance on how to better my submissions for R2.

I am eagerly looking for earnest responses here as I feel if I couldn't break through this year in an FT-MBA course, I would have to dump my plans for a full-time MBA and look into Executive MBA course offered by colleges, as my experience is tending towards higher range of average work experience of these colleges. I don't want to do an executive MBA as I don't feel an Executive MBA would get me the right depth and breadth that I am looking to achieve from an FT-MBA course.

P.S: Since I belong to a very competitive applicant pool (~ Technology Consulting, India ), do experts feel that I should retake GMAT and better my score or is the current score along with my profile present a strong case for selection at these schools?

Karthik P.
Founder and CEO,
August Academy.

We are an India based MBA admissions consulting firm. We've been helping Indian MBA applicants (students belonging to the most competitive MBA admissions pool) since 2013. Several of our students study at top 20 schools in the US including Kellogg, MIT, Yale, Ross and Darden, top European schools including London Business School and Oxford, top Canadian schools like Rotman and top Asian schools like ISB and NUS. Our students have won over USD 2.1 Million in scholarships over the last 3 admissions years.

Schedule a free consultation with us.

Click here to view GMATclub verified student testimonials.

Click here to view all our student testimonials.

If you like this post - please give us kudos :) Thanks much!

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 3

Re: Profile Evaluation:GMAT 710 & 9yrs of Technology Consulting experience   [#permalink] 06 Nov 2017, 02:36

Profile Evaluation:GMAT 710 & 9yrs of Technology Consulting experience

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap