It is currently 23 Sep 2017, 16:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation please!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.91
Profile evaluation please! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2017, 07:06
This post received
KUDOS
Hi, I'm Karthik! Here are my stats, would really appreciate an evaluation:

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 750 (Q50, V42)
Undergrad: Non-IIT, Top 25 engineering school
Undergraduate GPA: 3.6
Current work ex: 48 months - Consulting (19 months), Pharma (29 months)

I worked in a leading multinational pharma consulting firm as an associate for 19 months. International work ex was limited to working with American clients and colleagues - no travel. President of the toastmasters club and launched training programs for new hires. Not much to write about work, I'd left before getting promoted. Received an award for gamifying the toastmasters program
I then moved to one of the largest multinational pharmacos in a commercial excellence role (SFE). Managed multiple projects across functions: sales force rationalization, strategy roadmaps, capability building roadmaps, gamification, restructuring businesses, implementing innovative business models, go to market implementation - many of these have had business impact in $MM or equivalent. Have been awarded 3 times in the last 2 years for 3 different projects. Youngest member of team, colleagues are MBAs and received a fast track promotion in 2y against firm average of 3y.

Extra Curriculars:
President of Toastmasters club
Watch a lot of movies (>300 last year alone)
Travelling - have traveled to ~10 countries, and to multiple altitude regions of the Himalayas in the last 3 years
One helluva storyteller :)

Target Schools: Kellogg, Booth, Wharton, INSEAD

Short term goal: Top tier consulting firm

Can't wait to hear!

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 34

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Profile evaluation please! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2017, 15:13
karthikeyanchellappa wrote:
Hi, I'm Karthik! Here are my stats, would really appreciate an evaluation:
Hi karthikeyanchellappa, thanks for reaching out Karthik and I will address your profile below.
Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 750 (Q50, V42)
Undergrad: Non-IIT, Top 25 engineering school
Undergraduate GPA: 3.6
Current work ex: 48 months - Consulting (19 months), Pharma (29 months)Very impressive stats Karthik! Kudos just for your hard work and great profile just from this!

I worked in a leading multinational pharma consulting firm as an associate for 19 months. International work ex was limited to working with American clients and colleagues - no travel. President of the toastmasters club and launched training programs for new hires. Not much to write about work, I'd left before getting promoted. Received an award for gamifying the toastmasters programas you frame "why" you left- focus on the new opportunity- would have been nice to be promoted here- but water under the bridge- just state why you left in a positive light regardless of what happened as you present best in this light of moving to look forward to new opportunities- not leaving something "bad" which just never comes out well
I then moved to one of the largest multinational pharmacos in a commercial excellence role (SFE). Managed multiple projects across functions: sales force rationalization, strategy roadmaps, capability building roadmaps, gamification, restructuring businesses, implementing innovative business models, go to market implementation - many of these have had business impact in $MM or equivalent. Have been awarded 3 times in the last 2 years for 3 different projects. Youngest member of team, colleagues are MBAs and received a fast track promotion in 2y against firm average of 3y.great to see the promotion here! That is helpful.

Extra Curriculars:
President of Toastmasters club
Watch a lot of movies (>300 last year alone)
Travelling - have traveled to ~10 countries, and to multiple altitude regions of the Himalayas in the last 3 years
One helluva storyteller :) That may come out in how well you approach essays!

Target Schools: Kellogg, Booth, Wharton, INSEAD I think all these are great schools for you to look at-
all are competitive so hard to say any are "targets" for anyone- but I think you have good odds there- we do have some great counselors with experience helping people get into all these programs and I think you having some guidance in this process could really help you do your best work on the applications and that could really help. We'd love to do a free consult with you to explain how we can help- link for that is here:https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com/admissions/business-school-admissions-consulting-gmat-club-visitor/

and also would like you give you some free resources from our newsletter and you can sign up for that here: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... dmissions/

And also for some tips on the school essays- here are some links: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... mba-essay/
http://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/2017/07/ ... 1000-words

https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... ton-essay/

https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... ad-essays/

Short term goal: Top tier consulting firm

Can't wait to hear!

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 34

Re: Profile evaluation please!   [#permalink] 17 Aug 2017, 15:13

Profile evaluation please!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap