GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 09 Dec 2019, 20:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Review: FT or PT

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Profile Review: FT or PT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2019, 13:01
Hello!

· Demographics: North African Female

· Education: McGill Desautels faculty of management. 2.68 GPA (my education was in French my whole life so I had to get used to taking classes in English + I was diagnosed with androgenetic alopecia which did a number on me mentally. Making no excuses though, it’s ultimately my fault.) I’ll be taking classes over the summer of 2020 to build an alternative transcript.

· GMAT or GRE (include section breakdown): 700 (45Q 40V.) I retook the GMAT a few times and couldn’t beat this score but I haven’t given up yet + am looking into the GRE.

· Work experience: almost 6 years to date at a Software Company In NY (it’s a leading applicant tracking system.) I started out as a Business Analyst and got promoted to Product Manager after 8 months on the job. I’ve been the Product Manager for the back office component of the ATS ever since, I also manage our QA Team, am the Financial Technical Consultant for our sister company since 2017 and am our CPO’s right hand woman.

· Extracurricular activities: Class Ambassador, competed in case competitions, 9 years ballet, accounting society, film club.

· Post-MBA goals: continue working as a product manager in tech and eventually go back to my home country and encourage more women to work in tech (by founding a think tank or program to achieve this goal.) For the latter, it’s a goal I really decided to go for recently so I don’t have any proof to show that I’ve been working towards that yet (in case it matters.)

· Target schools: Applying in 2020. I was planning on targeting full time programs at T15 schools but my 700 GMAT score paired with my low GPA is making me think I have no chance. Would a part time program at a top school be more realistic? Also looking into LBS and INSEAD.

Misc. info: I have lived in Hungary, Switzerland, Morocco, the US and Canada throughout my life and speak Arabic, French, English and Spanish.

Thank you for reading this and any insights you can share!

Posted from my mobile device
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
G
Re: Profile Review: FT or PT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2019, 20:54
Hi and thanks for posting.
It sounds like you are fairly self-aware in terms of your strengths and weaknesses, and your assessment thus far sounds reasonable. It sounds like you've managed a lot at work from an early age and the more concrete achievements you have, examples of leadership, and examples of managing others if possible, the stronger your work experience sounds. Being a female, from North Africa, with such extensive international experiences, and the languages, plus solid work experience... schools will be interested in learning more about you. The GPA does sound like the greatest challenge. Taking courses this year is definitely recommended, as is using the optional essay space to share your story regarding undergrad. Yes no excuses, but it will help some if they like your profile otherwise. Within the top 15 in the US may still be feasible... especially outside the M7 or maybe top 10 or so, in my view. INSEAD and LBS will likely also appreciate your international perspective which is a key criteria they look for in applicants. If you'd like to get more feedback and discuss further, feel free to register for a free 30 minute consultation at your convenience, at www.mbamission.com/consult. Good luck with the process!
B
Profile Review: FT or PT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2019, 21:26
mbaMissionJenK wrote:
Hi and thanks for posting.
It sounds like you are fairly self-aware in terms of your strengths and weaknesses, and your assessment thus far sounds reasonable. It sounds like you've managed a lot at work from an early age and the more concrete achievements you have, examples of leadership, and examples of managing others if possible, the stronger your work experience sounds. Being a female, from North Africa, with such extensive international experiences, and the languages, plus solid work experience... schools will be interested in learning more about you. The GPA does sound like the greatest challenge. Taking courses this year is definitely recommended, as is using the optional essay space to share your story regarding undergrad. Yes no excuses, but it will help some if they like your profile otherwise. Within the top 15 in the US may still be feasible... especially outside the M7 or maybe top 10 or so, in my view. INSEAD and LBS will likely also appreciate your international perspective which is a key criteria they look for in applicants. If you'd like to get more feedback and discuss further, feel free to register for a free 30 minute consultation at your convenience, at http://www.mbamission.com/consult. Good luck with the process!

Thank you mbaMissionJenK ! It’s good to know I’m not being delusional. When you discussed T15 schools, did you have FT or PT in mind? Also, is 700 on the GMAT ok?

Thank you again, I will definitely schedule the 30min session and look into your services.

Posted from my mobile device
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
G
Re: Profile Review: FT or PT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2019, 08:35
Hi there,
I did mean FT options for T15. Part-time would of course still be viable and chances are much higher with higher acceptance rates for PT, fyi. 700 GMAT is "ok" given your profile and background but if you are still considering the GRE doesn't hurt, if you have time; you could do a free practice test online first and see how it goes. Look forward to connecting (feel free to reach out to myself or another colleague when you register for the consultation!). Good luck!

Profile Review: FT or PT

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate