Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:21 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Received Same Verbal Score : Going for Third Attempt! Please help.... [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I don't know how many questions you have left with your Official questions banks, as the preference is all the official questions should be done first. You can also take old official questions (by old I mean questions which appear in guides older than 2015 edition) and most of the old questions are available at GMAT Club.

If you have decided to go with third party questions, decide wisely and select some good native-to-test company for the same.

Best regards.

mallicks123 wrote:
TheEconomistGMAT wrote:
Hello TIA

First of all congratulation for your perfect Quant score. Definitely you have some loopholes in your Verbal prep. In first attempt you lost your verbal score to SC and in second attempt you lost more to CR and RC. You need to assess where you are falling behind in your GMAT Prep. Ask a few questions to yourself, In the second attempt why you loose your score to CR and RC? whether it was due to test pressure, silly mistakes or your skills got rust?. If you are lacking some sort of concepts in SC and CR you definitely should go back and revise your concepts related to the questions you have got wrong in the test.

One way to know your weakness in the test is your latest error log you might have built before your second attempt. Take some questions with timers, know where your accuracy is less than 85-90% and then assess the cause of low accuracy and revise concept if you need to. Manage your time wisely as for a month you can divide 10 days for each section. RC section is not about learning concepts rather it is more about practice and practice with some good GMAT-Like reading material which you can find in Official RC passages.

One thing i would like to say is that you should practice with Official questions specially for your verbal, try don't practice with GMAT Prep questions they may inflate your score in your mock exams.

Wish you best of luck

mallicks123 wrote:
Dear GMAT Experts,

Please help me as I am going to take my third attempt at GMAT in a month. Here is the snapshot of my verbal performance in the last two shots:

First Attempt: V-32 (SC: 39%ile, CR: 82 %ile, RC: 83 %ile)
Second Attempt: V- 32 (SC: 73%ile, CR: 65%ile, RC: 41 %ile)

Even after scoring Q-51, because of the Verbal score, I am lagging behind my target GMAT score. To meet the R1 application deadlines, I have to reattempt GMAT in a month. Any kind of expert guidance, feedback, suggestion, help will be too much helpful.

Please help!! TIA.

Hey Team, Many thanks for writing that. I think that was really helpful and to some extent, you got my problem. In the Official GMAT Prep Tests, I scored high on Verbal, and as a result, my overall score reached a big dream target.

However, in the actual exam, the scenario was pretty different. I felt the kind of questions I was facing was of a different difficulty level. RC was my strong point always, since the very first day. But even that went really down this time. Maybe I am not targeting the right set of questions while preparing for Verbal.

Can you please suggest some good sources from where should I practice before the third and final attempt?

Thanks much. Best Regards.
GMAT Club Bot
Received Same Verbal Score : Going for Third Attempt! Please help.... [#permalink]