It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 03:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Regarding GMAT lifetime cap policy flaw

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Regarding GMAT lifetime cap policy flaw [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2017, 13:55
This post was
BOOKMARKED
As per the lifetime cap policy (effective December 17, 2016), the GMAT attempt limit is 8. However, there was no such limit before December 17, 2016, encouraging the test takers to take GMAT as many time as they want to achieve the desired score.

A fair and very important clause is not considered by GMAC/GMAT, i.e. previous attempts prior to December 17, 2016, shouldn’t count against the new eight-attempt limit, since there was no restriction policy nor notice existed. Without this clause, the policy would not stand fair to genuine test takers with history prior to December 17, 2016. A firm cannot pre-date policies to the past.

Hence, attempts should be reset counting the GMAT attempts used only after December 17, 2016.

Need Justice !!!!! Support if you agree!!!!

Quoting an article with the similar law:-
14155-new_law_limits_certification_exam_attempts

1 KUDOS received
Math Forum Moderator
D

Kudos [?]: 956 [1], given: 72

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Regarding GMAT lifetime cap policy flaw [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2017, 20:47
This post received
KUDOS
NeedJustice wrote:
As per the lifetime cap policy (effective December 17, 2016), the GMAT attempt limit is 8. However, there was no such limit before December 17, 2016, encouraging the test takers to take GMAT as many time as they want to achieve the desired score.

A fair and very important clause is not considered by GMAC/GMAT, i.e. previous attempts prior to December 17, 2016, shouldn’t count against the new eight-attempt limit, since there was no restriction policy nor notice existed. Without this clause, the policy would not stand fair to genuine test takers with history prior to December 17, 2016. A firm cannot pre-date policies to the past.

Hence, attempts should be reset counting the GMAT attempts used only after December 17, 2016.

Need Justice !!!!! Support if you agree!!!!

Quoting an article with the similar law:-
14155-new_law_limits_certification_exam_attempts

Hi NeedJustice ,
The lifetime limit of 8 was probably introduced in order to prevent cheating. Moreover, the bigger issue here is the retroactive application of the amendment. However, GMAC might still allow you the 9th attempt if they feel that you have a genuine case.
If nothing works out, then you always have the GRE!! :)

When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. - Henry Ford
The Moment You Think About Giving Up, Think Of The Reason Why You Held On So Long
+1 Kudos if you find this post helpful

Kudos [?]: 956 [1], given: 72

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2017, 14:21
I agree, Skywalker!!! But, the major issue is that the new policy effective December 17, 2016, has been applied to attempts prior to that date, this is not good.Definitely, such a blunder is not expected from a big organisation like GMAC! :evil:

VP
VP
D

Kudos [?]: 229 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2017, 05:50
NeedJustice wrote:
I agree, Skywalker!!! But, the major issue is that the new policy effective December 17, 2016, has been applied to attempts prior to that date, this is not good.Definitely, such a blunder is not expected from a big organisation like GMAC! :evil:
As a genuine test taker, you should be able to get an additional attempt (or multiple attempts). Have you tried reaching out to them? But yes, it is surprising that they decided to count earlier attempts as well.

Kudos [?]: 229 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Regarding GMAT lifetime cap policy flaw [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2017, 06:54
I totally agree with your opinion. With my sincere heart, I requested GMAC one more time to take the test: I took 5 times attempts prior to the life time limit. But they denied without any legitimate explanation or reason. They just said that it was in accordace with GMAC's review and replied to me the same thing. What a irresponsible it is. If they wanted to justify their policy, they should have notified at least one year before the new policy or have not retroactively applied it.

I think that there are many genuine candidates like me damaged by this policy. But GMAC just tries oppressing over powerless and honest test-takers who already took many times before the life time limit. GMAC needs to show us a justice and revise the recent movement, preventing the dream of genuine candidate from devastated.

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Regarding GMAT lifetime cap policy flaw   [#permalink] 22 Sep 2017, 06:54

Regarding GMAT lifetime cap policy flaw

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HiLine

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap