GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 21 Feb 2020, 04:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Retaking GMAT -Business analytics

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Retaking GMAT -Business analytics  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2020, 19:27
I gave my GMAT test yesterday and scored 410(V15 , Q 23). I did practice tests in Manhattan prep before and my last test score was 590.

How can I lose so much on my score? Yes,I was nervous (i usually get migraine /stomach upset when stressed)I had loose motions!!
I don't know what to do right now,I definitely want to retry, but i doubt everything!

My profile:
Indian,23 Yr young female,2019 Btech CSC pass out tier 3 college, long term,7.34 CGPA(relative grading)(always opted for hard tech subjects -my badcause they interested me), decent at coding(interested and willing to work hard), internship experience of 8 months(total internship experience 10 months-3 internships).Got 2 decent college placement -left it and got my own tech internship(7th sem).Post internship started working in my family firm-nontech profile to understand the business better. Leadership experience: secretary in a college club, head of sponsorship(did smaller roles in this domain during junior years),mentor for students.

Looking for:
Business Analytics in the US(comfortable with coding and management subjects)

Colleges aiming for:
University of texas at Austin
Arizona University
University of Cincinnati
University of Connecticut
Georgia tech

I haven't given my TOEFL yet, will be given in 15 days.I know I am nowhere eligible for the above colleges, But I am clueless of my current situation.I just want to know if I can give and get a seat in the above colleges(or similar ones) post retaking GMAT.

All suggestions welcome!
Feel free to post motivational thread links or any of your personal experiences.
(Must require to read positive stories in my current situation)
HEC & IMD School Moderator
P
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
Schools: HEC'22 (J), IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Retaking GMAT -Business analytics  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2020, 19:45
Hi 2ndtakenewbie ..
Welcome to Gmatclub. I am sorry that the test did not went the way you wished. GMAT is an exam which tests not only your ability but also your mental strength. You need to improve both sections in order to get a decent score. I do not know what is your target score. Along with good preparation, you need to prepare yourself to handle 3.5 hours of stress by giving the mocks in a similar fashion like real exam. I would recommend to check out following study plan HERE. Build your fundamentals once again and do some practice questions. After finishing your concepts notes, you can give a mock and check where you stand.
Your chances of admit in the schools you mentioned depend upon your strength of profile. Let's go step by step. Target your GMAT score above the average of these score. Work on your prep and achieve your score. My personal opinion will not to waste time on reading some stories. Instead, make your story of overcoming stress and achieving your target. All the best.

2ndtakenewbie wrote:
I gave my GMAT test yesterday and scored 410(V15 , Q 23). I did practice tests in Manhattan prep before and my last test score was 590.

How can I lose so much on my score? Yes,I was nervous (i usually get migraine /stomach upset when stressed)I had loose motions!!
I don't know what to do right now,I definitely want to retry, but i doubt everything!

My profile:
Indian,23 Yr young female,2019 Btech CSC pass out tier 3 college, long term,7.34 CGPA(relative grading)(always opted for hard tech subjects -my badcause they interested me), decent at coding(interested and willing to work hard), internship experience of 8 months(total internship experience 10 months-3 internships).Got 2 decent college placement -left it and got my own tech internship(7th sem).Post internship started working in my family firm-nontech profile to understand the business better. Leadership experience: secretary in a college club, head of sponsorship(did smaller roles in this domain during junior years),mentor for students.

Looking for:
Business Analytics in the US(comfortable with coding and management subjects)

Colleges aiming for:
University of texas at Austin
Arizona University
University of Cincinnati
University of Connecticut
Georgia tech

I haven't given my TOEFL yet, will be given in 15 days.I know I am nowhere eligible for the above colleges, But I am clueless of my current situation.I just want to know if I can give and get a seat in the above colleges(or similar ones) post retaking GMAT.

All suggestions welcome!
Feel free to post motivational thread links or any of your personal experiences.
(Must require to read positive stories in my current situation)

Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Reviews Badge
Re: Retaking GMAT -Business analytics  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2020, 20:43
2ndtakenewbie - Welcome to GMAT Club! I am sorry to hear about your sickness during the test. At a 410 score level, you need a more structured online course or a tutor to get to your target score level. For now, please take a few moments to review the GMAT Club study plan.

GMAT Club Study Plan: https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-study-plan-217827.html

New to GMAT Club? Start with the study plan!
Should I retake GMAT? Retaking GMAT Strategies!

What Are My Chances - Automated Profile Evaluation Tool is Here!
Target Test Prep Representative
V
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Retaking GMAT -Business analytics  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2020, 11:43
HI 2ndtakenewbie,

I’m sorry to hear how things went with your GMAT. I’m happy to help get you on the right track but can you please provide some more information regarding your situation with the GMAT?

-- for how long have you been studying?

-- what resources did you use for your prep?

-- what were the scores of your official practice exams?

-- what is your GMAT score goal?

-- when are your application deadlines?

Once I learn some more about you, I can provide some detailed advice. In the meantime, you may find it helpful to read the following articles:

How to Eliminate GMAT Test-Day Anxiety

The Surprising Factor that is the Key to Hitting Your GMAT Score Goal: Grit

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
181 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

GMAT Club Bot
Retaking GMAT -Business analytics   [#permalink] 24 Jan 2020, 11:43

Retaking GMAT -Business analytics

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep