GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 07 Jul 2020, 21:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

RSM to Offer GMAT/GRE Alternatives!! - Jan-21 intake only

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Sloan MIT School Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Posts: 1287
Location: India
GMAT 1: 580 Q43 V27
WE: Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Premium Member CAT Tests
RSM to Offer GMAT/GRE Alternatives!! - Jan-21 intake only  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2020, 22:10
1
Hi there,

Just receive one email(looks genuine) from Assistant Director, MBA Marketing & Admissions of RSM regarding update for January - 21 intake, though you might be knowing about it. The content is as follows:

To ease the burden on applicants because of the effects of Covid-19 – particularly around the topic of the GMAT/GRE exams, Admissions Committee of RSM has decided four temporary alternatives to submitting a GMAT/GRE score:

1. Conditional Offers – Students without a GMAT/GRE are encouraged to apply for the program and if accepted, will receive a conditional offer from RSM pending the submission of a valid GMAT/GRE score.

2. Excellent Undergraduate GPA – For those candidates with excellent undergraduate GPA, we can consider waiving the GMAT/GRE requirement. Contact your Admissions Manager to see if you qualify for this waiver.

3. PhD Holders – Applicants who currently hold a PhD from a qualifying discipline are able to apply and waive the GMAT/GRE admissions requirement. Candidates with a PhD are encouraged to contact an RSM Admissions Manager for more information.

4. Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) Coursework – Students who do not/cannot meet any of the above options must complete BOTH the Mathematics for Management ($90 USD) and Quantitative Methods ($150 USD) courses - both addl. student’s expense over RSM app. fee, submitting their final assessment scores to RSM for review. Once enrolled in the course, students will have up to 21-days to complete each course. The final assessment scores for both courses must be at least 75% or better and must be submitted before an offer is made.

So. reach out the admission managers and check since they have waived the application fee for any application received for our upcoming 7 April round.


Feel free to share you thoughts.

Hope this is helpful...!!
Lalit
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Mar 2016
Posts: 26
Location: Qatar
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Re: RSM to Offer GMAT/GRE Alternatives!! - Jan-21 intake only  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2020, 22:17
Good move by RSM

Posted from my mobile device
Oxford Saïd School Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 16 May 2019
Posts: 89
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 570 Q44 V23
CAT Tests
Re: RSM to Offer GMAT/GRE Alternatives!! - Jan-21 intake only  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2020, 22:38
lnm87 wrote:
Hi there,

Just receive one email(looks genuine) from Assistant Director, MBA Marketing & Admissions of RSM regarding update for January - 21 intake, though you might be knowing about it. The content is as follows:

To ease the burden on applicants because of the effects of Covid-19 – particularly around the topic of the GMAT/GRE exams, Admissions Committee of RSM has decided four temporary alternatives to submitting a GMAT/GRE score:

1. Conditional Offers – Students without a GMAT/GRE are encouraged to apply for the program and if accepted, will receive a conditional offer from RSM pending the submission of a valid GMAT/GRE score.

2. Excellent Undergraduate GPA – For those candidates with excellent undergraduate GPA, we can consider waiving the GMAT/GRE requirement. Contact your Admissions Manager to see if you qualify for this waiver.

3. PhD Holders – Applicants who currently hold a PhD from a qualifying discipline are able to apply and waive the GMAT/GRE admissions requirement. Candidates with a PhD are encouraged to contact an RSM Admissions Manager for more information.

4. Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) Coursework – Students who do not/cannot meet any of the above options must complete BOTH the Mathematics for Management ($90 USD) and Quantitative Methods ($150 USD) courses - both addl. student’s expense over RSM app. fee, submitting their final assessment scores to RSM for review. Once enrolled in the course, students will have up to 21-days to complete each course. The final assessment scores for both courses must be at least 75% or better and must be submitted before an offer is made.

So. reach out the admission managers and check since they have waived the application fee for any application received for our upcoming 7 April round.


Feel free to share you thoughts.

Hope this is helpful...!!
Lalit



Yes it is helpful. Thank you so much.
HEC & IMD School Moderator
User avatar
D
Joined: 16 Dec 2018
Posts: 887
Location: Italy
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
RSM to Offer GMAT/GRE Alternatives!! - Jan-21 intake only  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 16 Mar 2020, 00:01
1
Dear all,
The Admissions Committee of RSM met to discuss ways in which they can ease the burden on applicants because of the effects of Covid-19 – particularly around the topic of the GMAT/GRE exams. Out of their discussion, they’d like to share four temporary alternatives to submitting a GMAT/GRE score, which will be available until further notice:

1. Conditional Offers – Students without a GMAT/GRE are encouraged to apply for the program and if accepted, will receive a conditional offer from RSM pending the submission of a valid GMAT/GRE score.

2. Excellent Undergraduate GPA – For those candidates with excellent undergraduate GPA, we can consider waiving the GMAT/GRE requirement. Contact your Admissions Manager to see if you qualify for this waiver.

3. PhD Holders – Applicants who currently hold a PhD from a qualifying discipline are able to apply and waive the GMAT/GRE admissions requirement. Candidates with a PhD are encouraged to contact an RSM Admissions Manager for more information.

4. Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) Coursework – Students who do not/cannot meet any of the above options must complete BOTH the Mathematics for Management ($90 USD) and Quantitative Methods ($150 USD) courses, submitting their final assessment scores to RSM for review. Once enrolled in the course, students will have up to 21-days to complete each course. The final assessment scores for both courses must be at least 75% or better and must be submitted before an offer is made. Please note that the cost of the HBP coursework is at the student’s expense and is in addition to the RSM application fee.

Please be aware that these measures are on a temporary basis and only allowed for the January 2021 intake – deferral requests to future intakes without a valid GMAT/GRE score will not be allowed. All other admissions requirements for the MBA programs remain the same and can be found on our website.

They understand that application process can be stressful by itself without external factors making it even more difficult. They hope that the above options can help you to move forward with applying to RSM. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to one of RSM Admissions Managers who are prepared to answer any questions you might have.

Finally, they are waiving the application fee for any application received for our upcoming 7 April round.
_________________

Originally posted by Leadership on 14 Mar 2020, 23:30.
Last edited by Leadership on 16 Mar 2020, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.
Merged Similar Posts
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 21 Aug 2018
Posts: 43
Location: Tunisia
Schools: Erasmus (S)
GMAT 1: 470 Q28 V27
GMAT 2: 470 Q32 V23
GMAT 3: 550 Q32 V32
GPA: 3
WE: Analyst (Entertainment and Sports)
Re: RSM to Offer GMAT/GRE Alternatives!! - Jan-21 intake only  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2020, 07:30
It is quite sad that they do not offer any alternative for MSCs, since a lot of gmat centers everywhere in the world have been closed for a month or even more, which affects the application possibilities... may they be able to find a solution for them as well...
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Aug 2019
Posts: 2
CAT Tests
Re: RSM to Offer GMAT/GRE Alternatives!! - Jan-21 intake only  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2020, 04:18
Dear all,

Does this alternative option applies to any round application for Jan 21 intake or does it apply only for Apr 7 deadline ?

Thanks,
Rahul

Posted from my mobile device
Sloan MIT School Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Posts: 1287
Location: India
GMAT 1: 580 Q43 V27
WE: Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: RSM to Offer GMAT/GRE Alternatives!! - Jan-21 intake only  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2020, 04:28
Rahulsareddy wrote:
Dear all,

Does this alternative option applies to any round application for Jan 21 intake or does it apply only for Apr 7 deadline ?

Thanks,
Rahul


This is for Jan - 21 Intake. Application fee is waived off for April 7 deadline. It would not look nice if its for April 7 deadline only otherwise applicants would wait.
I would suggest better get in touch with them directly.
_________________
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 21 Aug 2018
Posts: 43
Location: Tunisia
Schools: Erasmus (S)
GMAT 1: 470 Q28 V27
GMAT 2: 470 Q32 V23
GMAT 3: 550 Q32 V32
GPA: 3
WE: Analyst (Entertainment and Sports)
Re: RSM to Offer GMAT/GRE Alternatives!! - Jan-21 intake only  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2020, 07:30
Huge relief, just received a mail this morning from RSM stating that for any applicant for sept. 2020, deadlines are postponed for gmat scores in the following order:

-EEA Students: Deadline on the 31st July 2020,
-Non-EEA Students: Deadline on the 31st May 2020.

However, please keep in mind that the deadlines for APPLICATION ONLY for all programs stay as they are!!
Sloan MIT School Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Posts: 1287
Location: India
GMAT 1: 580 Q43 V27
WE: Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: RSM to Offer GMAT/GRE Alternatives!! - Jan-21 intake only  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2020, 09:20
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 09 Nov 2019
Posts: 18
Re: RSM to Offer GMAT/GRE Alternatives!! - Jan-21 intake only  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2020, 00:07
Hi,

I hope the GMAT waiver and alternatives would be helpful to all the applicants out here. As stated in the mail, the waiver is valid for Jan'21 intake and not just for 7 April deadline.
As of 23 March 2020, it is possible to take the GMAT from home as well as per GMAC. All these moves would help future MBA applicants in their admissions in these times.
I am an alumnus from RSM Full-Time MBA program and would be happy to help you in your MBA Application process. Feel free to reach out to me.
Best, Abhijeet
_________________
Want a Ding Analysis? Reach out to us for Ding Analysis & Followup action plan.
MBA Admissions Consultant | ISB PGP, YLP, PGP-PRO | NUS | RSM | NTU | IIMB EPGP | IIM Ahmedabad | HBS 2+2 | INSEAD & other schools
Get in Touch +91-9999898737 |
Write: info@stepvue.com |
Visit: www.stepvue.com

StepVue is founded by MBA Alumnus from Rotterdam School of Management, Netherlands & B.E. Graduate from Delhi College of Engineering
HEC & IMD School Moderator
User avatar
D
Joined: 16 Dec 2018
Posts: 887
Location: Italy
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: RSM to Offer GMAT/GRE Alternatives!! - Jan-21 intake only  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2020, 02:43
1
Hi StepVue ..
From where did you get the information that the Fee waiver is valid for Jan'21 intake and not specific to April 7 deadline? As far as I know, the fee is waived only for April 7 deadline.
Also, GMAT from home has not started yet.

As you are an alumnus, I request you to share your experience and facts about RSM here - RSM Reviews
Are you volunteering to help and support aspirants or advertising for your firm?

StepVue wrote:
Hi,

I hope the GMAT waiver and alternatives would be helpful to all the applicants out here. As stated in the mail, the waiver is valid for Jan'21 intake and not just for 7 April deadline.
As of 23 March 2020, it is possible to take the GMAT from home as well as per GMAC. All these moves would help future MBA applicants in their admissions in these times.
I am an alumnus from RSM Full-Time MBA program and would be happy to help you in your MBA Application process. Feel free to reach out to me.
Best, Abhijeet

_________________
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 09 Nov 2019
Posts: 18
Re: RSM to Offer GMAT/GRE Alternatives!! - Jan-21 intake only  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2020, 03:01
Hi,
I haven't mentioned about the Fee Waiver anywhere in my post, it's only about GMAT waiver. Fee waiver is only till 7th April deadline(to the best of available knowledge). Let us not confuse the forum participants between the two.

GMAT from home will start in the coming days (mid-April as per GMAC). Side by side, RSM has independently taken a bold step and given alternative to candidates who don't have GMAT score with them. Once the GMAT from home begins, I am sure RSM would review the situation to take it into consideration.

Forum participants can ask their questions and I'll try my best to answer them here.


Best, Abhijeet

Leadership wrote:
Hi StepVue ..
From where did you get the information that the Fee waiver is valid for Jan'21 intake and not specific to April 7 deadline? As far as I know, the fee is waived only for April 7 deadline.
Also, GMAT from home has not started yet.

As you are an alumnus, I request you to share your experience and facts about RSM here - RSM Reviews
Are you volunteering to help and support aspirants or advertising for your firm?

StepVue wrote:
Hi,

I hope the GMAT waiver and alternatives would be helpful to all the applicants out here. As stated in the mail, the waiver is valid for Jan'21 intake and not just for 7 April deadline.
As of 23 March 2020, it is possible to take the GMAT from home as well as per GMAC. All these moves would help future MBA applicants in their admissions in these times.
I am an alumnus from RSM Full-Time MBA program and would be happy to help you in your MBA Application process. Feel free to reach out to me.
Best, Abhijeet

_________________
Want a Ding Analysis? Reach out to us for Ding Analysis & Followup action plan.
MBA Admissions Consultant | ISB PGP, YLP, PGP-PRO | NUS | RSM | NTU | IIMB EPGP | IIM Ahmedabad | HBS 2+2 | INSEAD & other schools
Get in Touch +91-9999898737 |
Write: info@stepvue.com |
Visit: www.stepvue.com

StepVue is founded by MBA Alumnus from Rotterdam School of Management, Netherlands & B.E. Graduate from Delhi College of Engineering
Manager
Manager
avatar
G
Joined: 26 Apr 2019
Posts: 166
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.99
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: RSM to Offer GMAT/GRE Alternatives!! - Jan-21 intake only  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2020, 10:22
Rahulsareddy wrote:
Dear all,

Does this alternative option applies to any round application for Jan 21 intake or does it apply only for Apr 7 deadline ?

Thanks,
Rahul

Posted from my mobile device
yes it is for jan 21 intake and no it is not only for april 7 deadline
GMAT Club Bot
Re: RSM to Offer GMAT/GRE Alternatives!! - Jan-21 intake only   [#permalink] 13 Apr 2020, 10:22

RSM to Offer GMAT/GRE Alternatives!! - Jan-21 intake only

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Mo2men, JMMadison






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne