Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 13:37 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32892 [2]
Given Kudos: 4456
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4549 [0]
Given Kudos: 1228
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 436 [1]
Given Kudos: 123
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 122 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Send PM
Re: Scientists wishing to understand the kinetic movements of ancient dino [#permalink]
Scientists wishing to understand the kinetic movements of ancient dinosaurs are today studying the movements of modern day birds, which many scientists believe are descended from dinosaurs. A flaw in this strategy is that birds, although once genetically linked to dinosaurs, have evolved so far that any comparison is effectively meaningless

Which of the following, if true, would most weaken the criticism made above of the scientists’ strategy?

Given : scientists are studying movements of modern day birds in order to understand the movements of dinosaurs.this study has flaw in it because birds have evolved so far and any comparison has no meaning.

To weaken this argument, if introduced information suggests that comparison is meaningful than argument weakens.

Choice A is the correct one.

(A) Birds and dinosaurs have a number of important features in common that exist in no other living species.(contender)

(B) Birds are separated from dinosaurs by 65 million years of evolution.(strengthner)

(C) Our theories of dinosaur movements have recently undergone a radical reappraisal.(does nothing to argument)

(D) The study of kinetic movement is a relatively new discipline.(comparison is the issue)

(E) Many bird experts do not study dinosaurs to draw inferences about birds(strengthner)

Choice A

Thanks

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 848 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Scientists wishing to understand the kinetic movements of ancient dino [#permalink]
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
CR Forum Moderator
832 posts