GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Jan 2019, 20:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
303112345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
272829303112
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Leadership in Admissions

     January 23, 2019

     January 23, 2019

     10:00 PM PST

     11:00 PM PST

    Learn how to portray yourself as a leader in your MBA applications when you download this free guide!
  • No Stone Unturned: Your 2019/2020 MBA Application Starts Now!

     January 24, 2019

     January 24, 2019

     09:00 PM EST

     10:00 PM EST

    Planning to apply to business school in 2019 or 2020? It is not too early to start planning! By taking action now, you can dramatically improve your chances of gaining admission to a top MBA program.

Taking GMAT 2 days before the application deadline

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Dec 2016
Posts: 8
CAT Tests
Taking GMAT 2 days before the application deadline  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2018, 23:10
Hello everyone!

I wanted to understand whether it is a good idea to take GMAT two days before the college application deadline. I appeared for GMAT yesterday and could not perform as per my expectations (scored 690 (Q-50, V-33) but chose not to report) due to some external factors at the test centre (have also escalated this matter to Pearson/GMAC). I am confident of scoring 720 but as I have to wait for 16 calendar days until I take my next GMAT, I cannot schedule it before 15th Sep'18.

Most of the US college applications R1 deadline are around 17th Sep. As I belong to an over-represented group (Indian Male), I believe I stand better chances at R1 than at R2.

What would you suggest to me? Shall I re-schedule the exam before the R1 deadline and take my chances or wait until next round?
Study Buddy Forum Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Sep 2016
Posts: 1299
Location: India
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Taking GMAT 2 days before the application deadline  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2018, 23:35
Hi anshuman203

Welcome to gmatclub!

You can follow relevant discussions here
and follow relevant B schools you wish to target here

It shall also be helpful if you could share a bit more about your profile for detailed evaluation.


Edit: Moving to the appropriate forum

_________________

It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination.

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Dec 2016
Posts: 8
CAT Tests
Re: Taking GMAT 2 days before the application deadline  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2018, 00:04
Hi adkikani,

Thanks for sharing the links!

I am a 32 years old Indian Male. I already have an MBA from a Tier 1 B-School in India and 6 years of work experience post MBA in real-estate and Banking. I hold a B-tech degree in Civil Engineering from one of the NITs. I am currently working as a Marketing Consultant.

I would like to pursue a second MBA to change my field of work and gain more international experience.
Admission Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1487
Re: Taking GMAT 2 days before the application deadline  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2018, 20:41
anshuman203 wrote:
Hello everyone!

I wanted to understand whether it is a good idea to take GMAT two days before the college application deadline. I appeared for GMAT yesterday and could not perform as per my expectations (scored 690 (Q-50, V-33) but chose not to report) due to some external factors at the test centre (have also escalated this matter to Pearson/GMAC). I am confident of scoring 720 but as I have to wait for 16 calendar days until I take my next GMAT, I cannot schedule it before 15th Sep'18.

Most of the US college applications R1 deadline are around 17th Sep. As I belong to an over-represented group (Indian Male), I believe I stand better chances at R1 than at R2.

What would you suggest to me? Shall I re-schedule the exam before the R1 deadline and take my chances or wait until next round?


If you can take the GMAT exam and simultaneously submit a great quality application,then go ahead. If you think you can do justice only to one of the two things at one time, then retake GMAT now and apply later in R2.
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Our new book on AMAZON Kindle: THE MOST DEFINITIVE GUIDE FOR MBA INTERVIEW PREPARATION

Director
Director
User avatar
P
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 666
Location: India
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: Taking GMAT 2 days before the application deadline  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2018, 00:31
Hello anshuman203

Taking the GMAT 1-2 days before the application deadline is not a problem in itself.
The bigger challenge here may be dealing with the application simultaneously.
If you have already worked on the application, or can spare time, go ahead and retake the GMAT.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com


anshuman203 wrote:
Hello everyone!

I wanted to understand whether it is a good idea to take GMAT two days before the college application deadline. I appeared for GMAT yesterday and could not perform as per my expectations (scored 690 (Q-50, V-33) but chose not to report) due to some external factors at the test centre (have also escalated this matter to Pearson/GMAC). I am confident of scoring 720 but as I have to wait for 16 calendar days until I take my next GMAT, I cannot schedule it before 15th Sep'18.

Most of the US college applications R1 deadline are around 17th Sep. As I belong to an over-represented group (Indian Male), I believe I stand better chances at R1 than at R2.

What would you suggest to me? Shall I re-schedule the exam before the R1 deadline and take my chances or wait until next round?

_________________

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Taking GMAT 2 days before the application deadline &nbs [#permalink] 31 Aug 2018, 00:31
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Taking GMAT 2 days before the application deadline

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.