GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Nov 2018, 21:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Taking GMAT 2 days before the application deadline

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
CAT Tests
Taking GMAT 2 days before the application deadline  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2018, 23:10
Hello everyone!

I wanted to understand whether it is a good idea to take GMAT two days before the college application deadline. I appeared for GMAT yesterday and could not perform as per my expectations (scored 690 (Q-50, V-33) but chose not to report) due to some external factors at the test centre (have also escalated this matter to Pearson/GMAC). I am confident of scoring 720 but as I have to wait for 16 calendar days until I take my next GMAT, I cannot schedule it before 15th Sep'18.

Most of the US college applications R1 deadline are around 17th Sep. As I belong to an over-represented group (Indian Male), I believe I stand better chances at R1 than at R2.

What would you suggest to me? Shall I re-schedule the exam before the R1 deadline and take my chances or wait until next round?
Study Buddy Forum Moderator
D
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Taking GMAT 2 days before the application deadline  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2018, 23:35
Hi anshuman203

Welcome to gmatclub!

You can follow relevant discussions here
and follow relevant B schools you wish to target here

It shall also be helpful if you could share a bit more about your profile for detailed evaluation.

Edit: Moving to the appropriate forum

It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination.

Intern
Intern
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2018, 00:04
Hi adkikani,

Thanks for sharing the links!

I am a 32 years old Indian Male. I already have an MBA from a Tier 1 B-School in India and 6 years of work experience post MBA in real-estate and Banking. I hold a B-tech degree in Civil Engineering from one of the NITs. I am currently working as a Marketing Consultant.

I would like to pursue a second MBA to change my field of work and gain more international experience.
Admission Consultant
P

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2018, 20:41
anshuman203 wrote:
Hello everyone!

I wanted to understand whether it is a good idea to take GMAT two days before the college application deadline. I appeared for GMAT yesterday and could not perform as per my expectations (scored 690 (Q-50, V-33) but chose not to report) due to some external factors at the test centre (have also escalated this matter to Pearson/GMAC). I am confident of scoring 720 but as I have to wait for 16 calendar days until I take my next GMAT, I cannot schedule it before 15th Sep'18.

Most of the US college applications R1 deadline are around 17th Sep. As I belong to an over-represented group (Indian Male), I believe I stand better chances at R1 than at R2.

What would you suggest to me? Shall I re-schedule the exam before the R1 deadline and take my chances or wait until next round?

If you can take the GMAT exam and simultaneously submit a great quality application,then go ahead. If you think you can do justice only to one of the two things at one time, then retake GMAT now and apply later in R2.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Our new book on AMAZON Kindle: THE MOST DEFINITIVE GUIDE FOR MBA INTERVIEW PREPARATION

Director
Director
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2018, 00:31
Hello anshuman203

Taking the GMAT 1-2 days before the application deadline is not a problem in itself.
The bigger challenge here may be dealing with the application simultaneously.
If you have already worked on the application, or can spare time, go ahead and retake the GMAT.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

anshuman203 wrote:
Hello everyone!

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Taking GMAT 2 days before the application deadline &nbs [#permalink] 31 Aug 2018, 00:31

Taking GMAT 2 days before the application deadline

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap