Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Smeal '17 (A)
GMAT Date: 09-30-2013
WE:Business Development (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants [#permalink]
patelkirtib wrote:
VoyagerII wrote:
patelkirtib wrote:
Waitlisted. My interview was good and I was really hoping to get admitted to Illinois MBA.

Illinois MBA is my first preference and I really want to convert myself from waitlisted to Admitted.

The question is to fellow waitlisted friends: What did you do after knowing that you are waitlisted? Any idea about conversion ratio from waitlisted to admitted at Illinois MBA?

Regards,
Kirti

Hey. Sorry about the waitlist. My question is: Why did you apply late? With your profile, probability of admission is high when you apply during R1. Right now, your waitlist has nothing to do with your numbers, but more to do with the adcom having admitted people with the same profile as you ahead of you. Either way....read the whole thread, all the posts on this Illinois MBA forum, you should find your answers about converting your waitlist into an admit. Goodluck.

Hello VoyagerII,

I actually applied in R1 but becasue my TOEFL score was not available, my application was pushed to R2. Thanks.

Regards,
Kirti

The adcom is hard on you because of the TOEFL? Where are you from? The majority, 99.5 of applicants to the Illinois MBA do not need to turn in the TOEFL. The TOEFL is mostly for people who are applying for the undergrad programs at UIUC. Either way, wishing you the best! I'm sure you will get through....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@VoyagerII

I am from India. Thanks for your wishes. I am struggling to find statistics on conversion ratio from waitlisted to admitted for Illinois MBA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi,

Can someone please confirm the program fees (for the complete 2 years) and how much we have to show to get an I20.

Correct me if I'm wrong ...but on the site they have written $58,569 as fees for international students...This is for the first year only? What about Year 2?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V32
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
athena1614 wrote:
Hi,

Can someone please confirm the program fees (for the complete 2 years) and how much we have to show to get an I20.

Correct me if I'm wrong ...but on the site they have written $58,569 as fees for international students...This is for the first year only? What about Year 2?

Thanks!

This is an estimate of all expenses for the 1st year only
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
patelkirtib wrote:
@VoyagerII

I am from India. Thanks for your wishes. I am struggling to find statistics on conversion ratio from waitlisted to admitted for Illinois MBA.

I haven't found conversion ratios for the wait list pool. When i got waitlisted at booth, the ratios were public because the program is huge. The small size of the Illinois MBA makes the numbers fuzzy. However, in my next interaction with the adcom, i will sure try to ask them, like: How many people get waitlisted? How many get admitted from the waitlist? What does one need to do to get off the waitlist?
As late as July 31, less than two weeks before orientation, the adcom will still be adding people to the class, esp. domestic ones. They close the door on foreign applicants by early June. So don't lose hope, something will give.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi Guys,
I gave my interview on-campus last week.

I was wondering how the results are notified. is it through e-mail?. I was curious since even now on the portal my application is in 'submitted' status.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Thepraveen wrote:
Hi Guys,
I gave my interview on-campus last week.

I was wondering how the results are notified. is it through e-mail?. I was curious since even now on the portal my application is in 'submitted' status.

They always reply via email. Once the interview is over, they usually get back to you with the decision fast. You will definitely hear from them this week. Tuesday dangerous for you. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
dsanish wrote:
athena1614 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!

This is an estimate of all expenses for the 1st year only

The issuance of an I-20 form wholly dependent on proof showing that you can cover costs for the 1 year, only. Of course, the visa officer that will hand over the F1 visa to you has the discretion to reject your application if he/she thinks that you can't cover the costs for the second year. The major difference between first and second year totals is the disappearance of the $1000 Orientation/Professional Development Fees during the second year.
So, provisionally....$58,569 for the 1st year, and $57,569 for the second year. The second year expenses will fall further since you don't need to buy a computer, you find sweet/cheap living arrangements with classmates, etc. The $12k of living expenses should fall by upwards of a quarter.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VoyagerII wrote:
patelkirtib wrote:
@VoyagerII

I haven't found conversion ratios for the wait list pool. When i got waitlisted at booth, the ratios were public because the program is huge. The small size of the Illinois MBA makes the numbers fuzzy. However, in my next interaction with the adcom, i will sure try to ask them, like: How many people get waitlisted? How many get admitted from the waitlist? What does one need to do to get off the waitlist?
As late as July 31, less than two weeks before orientation, the adcom will still be adding people to the class, esp. domestic ones. They close the door on foreign applicants by early June. So don't lose hope, something will give.

Hi VoyagerII

How is an international student suppose to manage the loan i20 and visa procedure if the result are out in June, that too if the course starts in July.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
dsanish wrote:
VoyagerII wrote:
patelkirtib wrote:
@VoyagerII

Hi VoyagerII

How is an international student suppose to manage the loan i20 and visa procedure if the result are out in June, that too if the course starts in July.
For foreign students, they really try to make a decision at least by the start of June, or even earlier. In my old life as an international student, i got my passport in June and my visa in July. School starts August 12, 2014 for the Illinois MBA class of 2016. But you are right, arranging loans in such a short time is tricky.
But don't despair. The adcom is happy to defer your matriculation to next year, if you tell them that the time left is too short for you to raise the funds/loans for the visa procedures.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I guess they are seeing the value of the Illinois MBA! In the new rankings by US News & World Report, the Illinois MBA moved up 12 spots to 35, which is huge. Another movement of 12 spots next year will make the program top 25! Watch out! Our rightful place is top 20, so we are almost there.

Here is the link:https://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/university-of-illinois-urbana-champaign-01072
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VoyagerII wrote:
I guess they are seeing the value of the Illinois MBA! In the new rankings by US News & World Report, the Illinois MBA moved up 12 spots to 35, which is huge. Another movement of 12 spots next year will make the program top 25! Watch out! Our rightful place is top 20, so we are almost there.

Here is the link:https://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/university-of-illinois-urbana-champaign-01072

I completely agree with you. :-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.75
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Anybody knows wat was the deposit submission dates for round 1 and round 2??
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
tosh612 wrote:
Anybody knows wat was the deposit submission dates for round 1 and round 2??

It was March 1 for R1. I don't know the dates for R2, but i would imagine it would be days before the R3 deadline, if there is one.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Guys, had the interview few days back. Giving a Skype interview at 9PM IST after a day of work is a bit tough. Did not do that well on the i/v and I was dinged. You will not have the time to think and answer the questions. Please prepare the answers beforehand.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
any wait listed candidates heard anything yet?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
AbhiJ wrote:
Guys, had the interview few days back. Giving a Skype interview at 9PM IST after a day of work is a bit tough. Did not do that well on the i/v and I was dinged. You will not have the time to think and answer the questions. Please prepare the answers beforehand.

I had another interview from a top 20 school. This time I did much better. You may win or lose but in the end you will live to fight another day.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts