Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 20 Jul 2019, 21:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
BSchool Thread Master
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2014, 13:16
AbhiJ wrote:
AbhiJ wrote:
Guys, had the interview few days back. Giving a Skype interview at 9PM IST after a day of work is a bit tough. Did not do that well on the i/v and I was dinged. You will not have the time to think and answer the questions. Please prepare the answers beforehand.

I had another interview from a top 20 school. This time I did much better. You may win or lose but in the end you will live to fight another day.

Glad to hear that. Good luck!
BSchool Thread Master

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2014, 17:51
This is what the adcom is sending to prospective applicants. I got this last week:

Dear xxx,

Your life doesn’t revolve around an admissions schedule.

Thinking about applying for an MBA, but too busy living your life to deal with all the paperwork and deadlines?

At Illinois, we make it simple.

STEP 1. Submit your application by Monday, April 21.
STEP 2. Interview on the Urbana-Champaign campus Saturday, May 3.
STEP 3. Find out if you’re admitted on Monday, May 5.

That’s it. Before you know it, you’ll be enjoying the powerful opportunities the high-ranked Illinois MBA offers: Boosted earning power. Global exposure. Top faculty. And a connected alumni network.

Apply today, and invest wisely in your future.

Contact Mark at mlockwo2@illinois.edu to see how we can simplify the application process for you.

Warm regards,
Illinois MBA Admissions Team
Mark, Ben, Kiri, and Serena

Find Illinois MBA on Facebook Follow Illinois MBA on Twitter Join the Illinois MBA LinkedIn group

Illinois MBA Program, Room 3019 BIF, 515 E. Gregory Drive, Champaign, IL 61820 | 1-217-244-8019 | mba@illinois.edu
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2014, 15:15
VoyagerII wrote:
This is what the adcom is sending to prospective applicants. I got this last week:

Dear xxx,

Thinking about applying for an MBA, but too busy living your life to deal with all the paperwork and deadlines?

That’s it. Before you know it, you’ll be enjoying the powerful opportunities the high-ranked Illinois MBA offers: Boosted earning power. Global exposure. Top faculty. And a connected alumni network.

Contact Mark at mlockwo2@illinois.edu to see how we can simplify the application process for you.

Warm regards,

Find Illinois MBA on Facebook Follow Illinois MBA on Twitter Join the Illinois MBA LinkedIn group

Illinois MBA Program, Room 3019 BIF, 515 E. Gregory Drive, Champaign, IL 61820 | 1-217-244-8019 | mba@illinois.edu

So... the admissions cycle is still on in full swing!! i dont know when they would even hint at the waitlisted candidates...!!
BSchool Thread Master

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2014, 16:29
sridhar9504 wrote:
VoyagerII wrote:

Dear xxx,

Warm regards,

So... the admissions cycle is still on in full swing!! i dont know when they would even hint at the waitlisted candidates...!!

Yep, the admission cycle is still on! After May 5, we should start seeing movement on the waitlist pool, starting with international students. I think that there is still a lot of seats left to fill in the class. The facebook admitted candidate group has 93 people of which:

1. Admins/adcoms: 5-6 people
2. Non-humans ( like other groups): 1-2
3. Current Students (MBA1 & MBA2): 39-41!
4. Admitted kids: 43-45

Of the 45 admitted kids, i would hazard to say that through attrition (i.e...being admitted elsewhere and going there!), the class only has about 35 solid kids. If they follow the old trend, means there are still 80 seats up for grabs, or if they follow the last year trend of enrolling 79 kids, then there are still 44 seats vacant.

Besides, with a target of 45 kids, they would want to admit an additional 55+.

I think the adcom are playing it safe, they don't want the class to be over subscribed. That is why they have only admitted less than half the class so far. If you were waitlisted, 'shake' your file with a few new things. A new gmat score? Promotion at work? Talk to the adcom?etc. Show them you 'want in' and they will definitely look at your file again.

I hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Smeal '17 (A)
GMAT Date: 09-30-2013
WE: Business Development (Computer Hardware)

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2014, 00:15
Hi Guys.

Did anyone from waitlisted candidates approach school on the latest update? Any news on when admission committee is planning to give its final verdict on waitlisted candidates, specially international candidates?

Regards,
Kirti
Retired Moderator
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2014, 05:55
Fell in love with this School unfortunately this was my 1st interview and I went without any preparation after a hard day at work and no surprises bombed it big time. With the stats at-least should have been waitlisted. Guys this is a school such as Kellogg in that they put a great emphasis on interview/fit.
Do you think its fair to contact the interviewer for feedback ? What would be an appropriate time in terms of months for the same ?
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.67
WE: Engineering (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2014, 10:17
AbhiJ wrote:
Fell in love with this School unfortunately this was my 1st interview and I went without any preparation after a hard day at work and no surprises bombed it big time. With the stats at-least should have been waitlisted. Guys this is a school such as Kellogg in that they put a great emphasis on interview/fit.
Do you think its fair to contact the interviewer for feedback ? What would be an appropriate time in terms of months for the same ?

An appropriate time would be NOW! There's no harm in asking for a feedback at any time. And I think the interviewer would be glad to give one.

Cheers

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2014, 14:10
Surely, there is great movement on the waitlist? This past few weeks, the adcom ran riot and admitted lots of people! Update us guys...
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2014, 07:43
I received a reject (after waitlist since Dec 2013) on May 20th.

In any case, I would not have joined considering that I completed almost all my admissions procedures and visa/I-20 with UCI.

All the best to all those joining UIUC this Fall either from waitlist or direct admissions!!

Regards,
Sridhar
Intern
Intern
Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2014, 22:20
Hello

I submitted my application for Fall 2015 intake yesterday. I am an Indian and because I do not have sufficient assets in liquid form, I couldn't submit the proof of funding document. Will they not consider my application for Round 1 without the proof of funding?
Alternatively, Can I submit it little later? Either when (IF) I am called for the interview OR when I receive their final decision?
BSchool Thread Master

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2014, 05:23
zozoo wrote:
Hello

I submitted my application for Fall 2015 intake yesterday. I am an Indian and because I do not have sufficient assets in liquid form, I couldn't submit the proof of funding document. Will they not consider my application for Round 1 without the proof of funding?
Alternatively, Can I submit it little later? Either when (IF) I am called for the interview OR when I receive their final decision?

The adcom will move forward with your application, even though there are no financial documents. Financial documentation is only required at the end, after you have been admitted and the office of admission is preparing your I-20. They will let you know if they need information from you at that time after admission. Good luck.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2014, 03:49
Curious to know if anyone applied for early round and got interview call? I applied for early round(Oct 1st deadline) but haven't got call yet.

VoyagerII - Any idea how long does it usually take to review the application?

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2014, 08:05
ramyavastrad I applied for the Oct 5 deadline. I am still waiting to hear from them. Did you get the interview invitation?
BSchool Thread Master

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2014, 10:33
ramyavastrad wrote:
Curious to know if anyone applied for early round and got interview call? I applied for early round(Oct 1st deadline) but haven't got call yet.

VoyagerII - Any idea how long does it usually take to review the application?

Please check the proper thread, i have added information to the 2017 class thread. Thank you.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2014, 10:13
VoyagerII can you please point to the thread for 2017 class? Thanks!
BSchool Thread Master

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2014, 11:06
zozoo wrote:
VoyagerII can you please point to the thread for 2017 class? Thanks!

gmatclub.com/forum/calling-urbana-champaign-applicnts-2015-intake-class-of-174710.html
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants   [#permalink] 12 Nov 2014, 11:06

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   [ 216 posts ] 

Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status