GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Dec 2019, 06:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2011
Posts: 90
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2013, 05:15
AdiRedDevil wrote:
Hi,

I got an interview invite today. I am scheduled for an interview with Mark Lockwood in Mumbai on 22nd Nov. Anyone from Mumbai or surrounding area who will be interviewing at Mumbai on 22nd Nov?


Congratulations AdiRedDevil,

Are you from Mumbai? Were you given the option of choosing either Skype or in person interview if you are not from Mumbai?

Well, I am still waiting for an interview call, but would just like to know these above details.

Regards,
Sridhar
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2013
Posts: 492
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2013, 05:47
sridhar9504 wrote:
AdiRedDevil wrote:
Hi,

I got an interview invite today. I am scheduled for an interview with Mark Lockwood in Mumbai on 22nd Nov. Anyone from Mumbai or surrounding area who will be interviewing at Mumbai on 22nd Nov?


Congratulations AdiRedDevil,

Are you from Mumbai? Were you given the option of choosing either Skype or in person interview if you are not from Mumbai?

Well, I am still waiting for an interview call, but would just like to know these above details.

Regards,
Sridhar


Thanks Sridhar! I am located at Pune, but Mumbai is not far and 22nd is a Friday; thus I figured I could make it to Mumbai. Yes, I was offered either to interview face-to-face with Mark Lockwood in Mumbai or undergo a Skype interview. Where are you located?

I believe that the adcom sees which place that Mark would be visiting is closest to the applicants place and then sends out invite with the date, time and destination. The adcom also knows that many may not be able to make it to the interview because of work priority. Thus, the adcom offers you Skype option as well.

And, Illinois has just started rolling out invites; Im sure, yours will be on the way :)
BSchool Moderator
User avatar
Status: At peace...
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 309
Location: Comoros
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2013, 07:31
AdiRedDevil wrote:
Hi,

I got an interview invite today. I am scheduled for an interview with Mark Lockwood in Mumbai on 22nd Nov. Anyone from Mumbai or surrounding area who will be interviewing at Mumbai on 22nd Nov?

Yesterday, the adcom had said that they will start sending out interview invites today!. Happy for you. Good luck everyone!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2013
Posts: 492
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2013, 07:56
VoyagerII wrote:
AdiRedDevil wrote:
Hi,

I got an interview invite today. I am scheduled for an interview with Mark Lockwood in Mumbai on 22nd Nov. Anyone from Mumbai or surrounding area who will be interviewing at Mumbai on 22nd Nov?

Yesterday, the adcom had said that they will start sending out interview invites today!. Happy for you. Good luck everyone!


Thanks mate!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2011
Posts: 90
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2013, 12:21
Quote:
Thanks Sridhar! I am located at Pune, but Mumbai is not far and 22nd is a Friday; thus I figured I could make it to Mumbai. Yes, I was offered either to interview face-to-face with Mark Lockwood in Mumbai or undergo a Skype interview. Where are you located?

I believe that the adcom sees which place that Mark would be visiting is closest to the applicants place and then sends out invite with the date, time and destination. The adcom also knows that many may not be able to make it to the interview because of work priority. Thus, the adcom offers you Skype option as well.

And, Illinois has just started rolling out invites; Im sure, yours will be on the way :)


Hi Adi,

I am from Chennai and I dont think Mark Lockwood is visiting Chennai. So if I get a call, I will have to settle for a skype interview. Anyways all the best for your interview and let me know how it goes. Thanks a lot.

Sridhar
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2013
Posts: 492
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2013, 14:26
1
sridhar9504 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Sridhar! I am located at Pune, but Mumbai is not far and 22nd is a Friday; thus I figured I could make it to Mumbai. Yes, I was offered either to interview face-to-face with Mark Lockwood in Mumbai or undergo a Skype interview. Where are you located?

I believe that the adcom sees which place that Mark would be visiting is closest to the applicants place and then sends out invite with the date, time and destination. The adcom also knows that many may not be able to make it to the interview because of work priority. Thus, the adcom offers you Skype option as well.

And, Illinois has just started rolling out invites; Im sure, yours will be on the way :)


Hi Adi,

I am from Chennai and I dont think Mark Lockwood is visiting Chennai. So if I get a call, I will have to settle for a skype interview. Anyways all the best for your interview and let me know how it goes. Thanks a lot.

Sridhar


Thanks Sridhar! I will be sure to share my experience and all the best to you!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 34
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT Date: 09-16-2013
GPA: 3.5
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2013, 03:10
Folks- I got an email from UIUC Adcom and have asked for my Graduate certificate. however, they didn't specified where to upload them; i can't make any changes to my application.
I asked them, but didn't get any response yet.

Shall i attach a copy and reply to that email ?
_________________
Regards,
Suyash

I want to live in a world where emails are short, love letters are brave, and every "Thank you" note is scribbled by hand.
GO GREEN
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2013
Posts: 492
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2013, 05:50
suyash23n wrote:
Folks- I got an email from UIUC Adcom and have asked for my Graduate certificate. however, they didn't specified where to upload them; i can't make any changes to my application.
I asked them, but didn't get any response yet.

Shall i attach a copy and reply to that email ?


Hi Suyash,

I too received a similar email from then about a week and a half back. Yes, you attach your degree certificate to the mail and send them.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 5
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2013, 13:08
Hi All,

Hope ur applications are coming along well! I know this is a difficult waiting phase that can be excruciating. But for those who have got interview invites, congratulations! You must have received interview details from the Illinois MBA….
Mark would be in New Delhi for interviews on Nov. 19, 20. Interviews in Mumbai will be on Nov. 21, 22 and finally some interviews on Nov. 23, before the adcom team flies back. Having said that, this is not the end of interview rounds. The team is in the midst of application review and subsequently candidates might be invited for interviews over Skype. I wish u all good luck with interviews. Do let me know if u need any other info!

Best,
DJ
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2011
Posts: 90
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2013, 13:31
djrox007 wrote:
Hi All,

Hope ur applications are coming along well! I know this is a difficult waiting phase that can be excruciating. But for those who have got interview invites, congratulations! You must have received interview details from the Illinois MBA….
Mark would be in New Delhi for interviews on Nov. 19, 20. Interviews in Mumbai will be on Nov. 21, 22 and finally some interviews on Nov. 23, before the adcom team flies back. Having said that, this is not the end of interview rounds. The team is in the midst of application review and subsequently candidates might be invited for interviews over Skype. I wish u all good luck with interviews. Do let me know if u need any other info!

Best,
DJ


Thank you very much DJ. Your message gives me hope as I am still waiting for an interview invite.

Regards,
Sridhar
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Posts: 76
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2013, 23:47
3
I am invited to interview! Delighted and excited!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2013
Posts: 492
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2013, 01:57
eeshan89 wrote:
I am invited to interview! Delighted and excited!


Congrats Eeshan! Where will you be getting interviewed, Mumbai or Delhi?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Aug 2013
Posts: 46
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2013, 20:18
Guys need advice!
I had submitted my application on the 1st of November. Application status says "Submitted"
But I haven't received any mail from Illinois confirming whether my application is complete or not. Typically for other schools after submission I have been getting some sort of mail confirming that my application has been received/is being reviewed etc.
Did any of you receive mails or my situation is concurrent with the general rule....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2013
Posts: 492
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2013, 00:41
abhishek241 wrote:
Guys need advice!
I had submitted my application on the 1st of November. Application status says "Submitted"
But I haven't received any mail from Illinois confirming whether my application is complete or not. Typically for other schools after submission I have been getting some sort of mail confirming that my application has been received/is being reviewed etc.
Did any of you receive mails or my situation is concurrent with the general rule....


Hi Abhishek,

The university only contacts a student if his/her application is incomplete. Also, the evaluation process has just commenced, so I am sure your interview invite will be around the corner!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Jun 2013
Posts: 20
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2013, 10:57
Invited to interview.. scheduled it on 9th Dec
Any interview tips might help! :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Jun 2013
Posts: 20
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2013, 11:00
AdiRedDevil wrote:
eeshan89 wrote:
I am invited to interview! Delighted and excited!


Congrats Eeshan! Where will you be getting interviewed, Mumbai or Delhi?


Hello Adi!

In the mail which I received, I was offered two choices, campus or via skype..
I scheduled it via skype.. are they conducting interviews in India?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2013
Posts: 492
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2013, 11:35
siddharthac1 wrote:
AdiRedDevil wrote:
eeshan89 wrote:
I am invited to interview! Delighted and excited!


Congrats Eeshan! Where will you be getting interviewed, Mumbai or Delhi?


Hello Adi!

In the mail which I received, I was offered two choices, campus or via skype..
I scheduled it via skype.. are they conducting interviews in India?


Yes, the admission director, Mark Lockwood, is on India trip from 19th to 22nd or 23rd Nov.

19-20: Delhi
21-22 or 23: Mumbai

Few of Indian applicants, including me, have got the opportunity to interview with him. I believe, the slots would have been filled and thus you were given the option to visit campus or interview on skype.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Aug 2013
Posts: 46
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2013, 19:24
AdiRedDevil wrote:
abhishek241 wrote:
Guys need advice!
I had submitted my application on the 1st of November. Application status says "Submitted"
But I haven't received any mail from Illinois confirming whether my application is complete or not. Typically for other schools after submission I have been getting some sort of mail confirming that my application has been received/is being reviewed etc.
Did any of you receive mails or my situation is concurrent with the general rule....


Hi Abhishek,

The university only contacts a student if his/her application is incomplete. Also, the evaluation process has just commenced, so I am sure your interview invite will be around the corner!



Thanks for that AdiRedDevil
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2013
Posts: 492
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2013, 22:54
abhishek241 wrote:
AdiRedDevil wrote:
abhishek241 wrote:
Guys need advice!
I had submitted my application on the 1st of November. Application status says "Submitted"
But I haven't received any mail from Illinois confirming whether my application is complete or not. Typically for other schools after submission I have been getting some sort of mail confirming that my application has been received/is being reviewed etc.
Did any of you receive mails or my situation is concurrent with the general rule....


Hi Abhishek,

The university only contacts a student if his/her application is incomplete. Also, the evaluation process has just commenced, so I am sure your interview invite will be around the corner!



Thanks for that AdiRedDevil


Welcome Abhishek!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Jun 2013
Posts: 20
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2013, 09:57
AdiRedDevil wrote:
Yes, the admission director, Mark Lockwood, is on India trip from 19th to 22nd or 23rd Nov.

19-20: Delhi
21-22 or 23: Mumbai

Few of Indian applicants, including me, have got the opportunity to interview with him. I believe, the slots would have been filled and thus you were given the option to visit campus or interview on skype.


Thats a great one!
Best of luck for day after tomorrow!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants   [#permalink] 20 Nov 2013, 09:57

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 216 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Urbana-Champaign (U Illinois) - Calling 2016 MBA Applicants

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne