It is currently 20 Feb 2018, 21:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Value addition of Kelley Online Vs UT Aus McCombs EMBA vs SMU Cox EMBA

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Value addition of Kelley Online Vs UT Aus McCombs EMBA vs SMU Cox EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2017, 14:26
Hello,

I have around 13 yr of exp and currently working as IT Program manager ans solution architect in Dell. I have been accepted to Kelley Online MBA and I am considering to apply for Executive MBA program of UT Austin (McCombs) and SMU Cox as I live in Dallas. I am not looking for immediate job changer after the MBA, but doing it for the long term as I want to move to C positions in 10 years down the line.

Can some one please provide which program will be fruitful considering investment, brand value, quality of program etc.

Kelley Online MBA - $62K
McCombs EMBA - $120K
SMU Cox EMBA - $120K

Also, suggest other better program within this cost range if there is any.

Thanks a lot.
Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Re: Value addition of Kelley Online Vs UT Aus McCombs EMBA vs SMU Cox EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2017, 18:41
sujoydeypalta wrote:
Hello,

I have around 13 yr of exp and currently working as IT Program manager ans solution architect in Dell. I have been accepted to Kelley Online MBA and I am considering to apply for Executive MBA program of UT Austin (McCombs) and SMU Cox as I live in Dallas. I am not looking for immediate job changer after the MBA, but doing it for the long term as I want to move to C positions in 10 years down the line.

Can some one please provide which program will be fruitful considering investment, brand value, quality of program etc.

Kelley Online MBA - $62K
McCombs EMBA - $120K
SMU Cox EMBA - $120K

Also, suggest other better program within this cost range if there is any.

Thanks a lot.

While McCombs will likely do more for your career, part of this decision depends on whether you need help through connections in order to get to the C level, or as close to that as you can. I do not think the in person MBA at Cox has a value above Kelley online so you probably don't need to target that.

Good luck!

Best,
Scott

Personal MBA Coach
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting
scott@personalmbacoach.com | +1 617 645 2424
http://www.personalmbacoach.com | http://www.personalmbacoach.com/blog

Expert Post
VP
VP
G
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Value addition of Kelley Online Vs UT Aus McCombs EMBA vs SMU Cox EMBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2017, 03:55
I don't really think the value of an online program is there. You're not going to have the same quality network or the recruitment support. I just think that if you want to learn about business get on Coursera do your thing. But for an MBA I really think in person is better... and because you're doing an Executive MBA I wouldn't really make the choice based on location. For example many MBA programs meet once per month so in that case doesn't really matter where it is? Go to the best you can get into always. If you were determined to do a hybrid program, then I would think about ie, where you meet up remotely in Spain and then work remotely with a few meetings punctuated in there. But my recommendation would be to go for a traditional emba program and there are several deadlines that up still not yet passed. I would strongly recommend that you throw your hat in the ring for Kellogg in May. That one meets in Miami once per month, no GMAT and terrific alumni reputation and brand

http://MBAPrepCoach.COM

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
http://PoetsandQuants.com/Consultants/Farrell-Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Re: Value addition of Kelley Online Vs UT Aus McCombs EMBA vs SMU Cox EMBA   [#permalink] 30 Mar 2017, 03:55

Value addition of Kelley Online Vs UT Aus McCombs EMBA vs SMU Cox EMBA

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap