It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 07:56

STARTING SOON:

Live Chat with Cornell Adcoms in Main Chat Room  |  R1 Interview Invites: MIT Sloan Chat  |  UCLA Anderson Chat  |  Duke Fuqua Chat (EA Decisions)

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Verbal Score Improvement

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 27

CAT Tests
Verbal Score Improvement [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2017, 05:44
Hi Team,

I have opted for egmat course in the month of July and have been using your approach and strategies to solve verbal questions. Initially i started preparing myself in the month of May (Mahattan SC n RC, Powerscore CR)and completed OG and Verbal review. I felt that my preparation was not upto the mark and need to improve upon my weaknesses so i thought to take up egmat verbal online. I am good in quant and average in verbal. I have scored 95% (in CAT 2016). 

I have given my official GMAT exam on 14th Aug and was highly disappointed with my score 610 (V23, Q50). Although i have been practicing prethinking approach in CR and SC strategies in scholaranium to get my approach right, still i have managed to score 610. I gave 2 GMAT prep mocks - 610 (V23, Q50) and 650 (V29, Q49) before the exam. 

I am planning to take the retest in the month of Sept (8th-9th Sept). Given, 3 weeks time to work upon my weak areas and improve my verbal, I need your assistance in helping me to improve my SC/CR/RC. Any approach/strategies/study plan that could help me get my fundamentals right and improve my score would be helpful. I am completely helpless and dont know how to study for verbal or take any next step. As of now, for SC i have thought to go through egmat SC tutorials again (my notes) and Manhattan SC to revise the fundamentals again and try solving OG. Any good advice?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 27

e-GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesJamboree Discount Codes
Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
P
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat

Kudos [?]: 3408 [0], given: 172

GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Re: Verbal Score Improvement [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2017, 15:19
Hi ParulSaini,

In many cases, raising a 610 to a 700+ would likely take another 2 months of consistent guided study. Since you're focused just on the Verbal section, you could conceivably hit that goal in less time - IF you were able to properly change how you "see" (and respond to) the Verbal section. Your Official GMAT Score is from just 2 days ago, so we have to use THAT score as our reference point (meaning that a 650 from a prior practice CAT is not as meaningful as the 610 you just scored on the Official GMAT - and that the goal to raise that score to a 700+ in just 2-3 weeks is likely too difficult to be considered realistic).

From the information that you've provided, it sounds like you might be flexible about applying to Business School in either Round 1 or Round 2, so you might want to consider giving yourself more study time (so that you can increase your chances of scoring significantly higher on the GMAT).

1) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Kudos [?]: 3408 [0], given: 172

Re: Verbal Score Improvement   [#permalink] 16 Aug 2017, 15:19

Verbal Score Improvement

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap