GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Apr 2019, 21:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Veritas Prep CR Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about CR

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

 
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
User avatar
D
Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 9125
Location: Pune, India
Re: Veritas Prep CR Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about CR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2019, 21:08
gmat1393 wrote:


Hey gmat1393,

What is the source of this question? It does not make a lot of sense and comes with an expectation of too much outside knowledge (such as the traditional raw material of furniture industry is wood).

Questions from unknown sources often do more harm than good. I suggest you to stick to official sources and the curricula of standard test prep companies.
_________________
Karishma
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor

Learn more about how Veritas Prep can help you achieve a great GMAT score by checking out their GMAT Prep Options >
CR Forum Moderator
avatar
D
Joined: 25 Apr 2018
Posts: 478
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Veritas Prep CR Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about CR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2019, 21:16
VeritasKarishma wrote:
gmat1393 wrote:


Hey gmat1393,

What is the source of this question? It does not make a lot of sense and comes with an expectation of too much outside knowledge (such as the traditional raw material of furniture industry is wood).

Questions from unknown sources often do more harm than good. I suggest you to stick to official sources and the curricula of standard test prep companies.


Thanks for the confirmation even I thought we need to assume a lot of external factors to reach to the correct answer.

Thanks again :)
_________________
Please give kudos if you found my posts helpful!

Project CR Butler - 2 CR's everyday
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Jul 2017
Posts: 116
GMAT 1: 570 Q43 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V34
CAT Tests
Re: Veritas Prep CR Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about CR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2019, 22:58
Hello VeritasKarishma ma'am,

I have a small doubt in this question:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/joanne-an-in ... 64779.html

Quote:
a website could quickly analyze a retailer's entire inventory, select a list of items similar to those the customer has already purchased, and then e-mail that list to a group of contacts specified by the customer.

What does this sentence mean in this question?
Based on this sentence, I presumed that customer's will allow and will be unconcerned with the sharing of relative histories, and this is exactly what option D states.

I agree that option C is a necessary assumption but presence of this statement quite puzzled me to chose option D.

Could you please help me with the proper meaning of this sentence?

Regards,
Rishav
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
User avatar
D
Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 9125
Location: Pune, India
Re: Veritas Prep CR Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about CR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2019, 20:31
1
rish2708 wrote:
Hello VeritasKarishma ma'am,

I have a small doubt in this question:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/joanne-an-in ... 64779.html

Quote:
a website could quickly analyze a retailer's entire inventory, select a list of items similar to those the customer has already purchased, and then e-mail that list to a group of contacts specified by the customer.

What does this sentence mean in this question?
Based on this sentence, I presumed that customer's will allow and will be unconcerned with the sharing of relative histories, and this is exactly what option D states.

I agree that option C is a necessary assumption but presence of this statement quite puzzled me to chose option D.

Could you please help me with the proper meaning of this sentence?

Regards,
Rishav


Rishav, hope this sorts it out:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/joanne-an-in ... l#p2249408

Let me know if you still have doubts.
_________________
Karishma
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor

Learn more about how Veritas Prep can help you achieve a great GMAT score by checking out their GMAT Prep Options >
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Jul 2017
Posts: 116
GMAT 1: 570 Q43 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V34
CAT Tests
Re: Veritas Prep CR Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about CR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2019, 20:58
VeritasKarishma wrote:
rish2708 wrote:
Hello VeritasKarishma ma'am,

I have a small doubt in this question:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/joanne-an-in ... 64779.html

Quote:
a website could quickly analyze a retailer's entire inventory, select a list of items similar to those the customer has already purchased, and then e-mail that list to a group of contacts specified by the customer.

What does this sentence mean in this question?
Based on this sentence, I presumed that customer's will allow and will be unconcerned with the sharing of relative histories, and this is exactly what option D states.

I agree that option C is a necessary assumption but presence of this statement quite puzzled me to chose option D.

Could you please help me with the proper meaning of this sentence?

Regards,
Rishav


Rishav, hope this sorts it out:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/joanne-an-in ... l#p2249408

Let me know if you still have doubts.


Thanks ma'am I got it! I was thinking other way that A has to gift to B,C,D and B,C,D receive the list. I assumed this earlier to be necessary for argument.
This thought puzzled me and I chose D.
Director
Director
User avatar
P
Joined: 20 Sep 2016
Posts: 636
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GPA: 3.95
WE: Operations (Real Estate)
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Veritas Prep CR Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about CR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2019, 23:42
https://gmatclub.com/forum/many-youngst ... 38996.html

please review my reasoning and help me clear my doubts posted on the above page !! Thankyou
CR Forum Moderator
avatar
D
Joined: 25 Apr 2018
Posts: 478
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Veritas Prep CR Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about CR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2019, 21:18
Hi VeritasKarishma

https://gmatclub.com/forum/fuzzy-friend ... 91942.html

In option D Arent we assuming too much? ..since weakens the integrity of the principal fibers used in BBC carpets may or may not lead to replacement of carpets.

Can you please suggest on the same

Thanks
_________________
Please give kudos if you found my posts helpful!

Project CR Butler - 2 CR's everyday
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
User avatar
D
Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 9125
Location: Pune, India
Re: Veritas Prep CR Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about CR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2019, 23:21
gmat1393 wrote:
Hi VeritasKarishma

https://gmatclub.com/forum/fuzzy-friend ... 91942.html

In option D Arent we assuming too much? ..since weakens the integrity of the principal fibers used in BBC carpets may or may not lead to replacement of carpets.

Can you please suggest on the same

Thanks


Here you go gmat1393:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/fuzzy-friend ... l#p2252940
_________________
Karishma
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor

Learn more about how Veritas Prep can help you achieve a great GMAT score by checking out their GMAT Prep Options >
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
User avatar
D
Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 9125
Location: Pune, India
Re: Veritas Prep CR Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about CR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2019, 00:10
AdityaHongunti wrote:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/many-youngsters-between-the-ages-of-15-30-are-suffering-from-138996.html

please review my reasoning and help me clear my doubts posted on the above page !! Thankyou


Hey AdityaHongunti,

Hope this helps: https://gmatclub.com/forum/many-youngst ... l#p2253006
_________________
Karishma
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor

Learn more about how Veritas Prep can help you achieve a great GMAT score by checking out their GMAT Prep Options >
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Jul 2017
Posts: 116
GMAT 1: 570 Q43 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V34
CAT Tests
Veritas Prep CR Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about CR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2019, 00:42
Hello Karishma ma'am,
Could you help me with this inference question?
https://gmatclub.com/forum/sociologist- ... 47477.html

In a way option c says it's possible to have a society with traits such as hospitality, politeness etc without violence.

How are we crossing out C

Regards,
Rishav
Posted from my mobile device
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
User avatar
D
Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 9125
Location: Pune, India
Re: Veritas Prep CR Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about CR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2019, 02:52
1
rish2708 wrote:
Hello Karishma ma'am,
Could you help me with this inference question?
https://gmatclub.com/forum/sociologist- ... 47477.html

In a way option c says it's possible to have a society with traits such as hospitality, politeness etc without violence.

How are we crossing out C

Regards,
Rishav
Posted from my mobile device


There you go rish2708:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/sociologist- ... l#p2254909
_________________
Karishma
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor

Learn more about how Veritas Prep can help you achieve a great GMAT score by checking out their GMAT Prep Options >
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Jul 2017
Posts: 116
GMAT 1: 570 Q43 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V34
CAT Tests
Re: Veritas Prep CR Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about CR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2019, 23:59
Hello VeritasKarishma ma'am,

I have a doubt in this question:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/southington- ... 22967.html

In this question the author reasons this:
Quote:
This rate would be the expected rate if the only potential donors contacted were those who have donated in the past


Option E says The majority of the donations that fund-raisers succeeded in getting for Southington University were from donors who had never given to the university before.

Isn't quoted part just a fact?

I thought the quoted part is a premise and chose option E.
If it is a premise, how we are saying that past donors are new ones as per the option as we can't contradict a premise.

Please suggest where I went wrong.

Regards,
Rishav
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
User avatar
D
Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 9125
Location: Pune, India
Re: Veritas Prep CR Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about CR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2019, 21:31
rish2708 wrote:
Hello VeritasKarishma ma'am,

I have a doubt in this question:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/southington- ... 22967.html

In this question the author reasons this:
Quote:
This rate would be the expected rate if the only potential donors contacted were those who have donated in the past


Option E says The majority of the donations that fund-raisers succeeded in getting for Southington University were from donors who had never given to the university before.

Isn't quoted part just a fact?

I thought the quoted part is a premise and chose option E.
If it is a premise, how we are saying that past donors are new ones as per the option as we can't contradict a premise.

Please suggest where I went wrong.

Regards,
Rishav


Hey Rishav,

Hope this sorts it out: https://gmatclub.com/forum/southington- ... l#p2258011
_________________
Karishma
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor

Learn more about how Veritas Prep can help you achieve a great GMAT score by checking out their GMAT Prep Options >
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Veritas Prep CR Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about CR   [#permalink] 10 Apr 2019, 21:31

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   [ 253 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Veritas Prep CR Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about CR

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.