It is currently 21 Aug 2017, 08:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Very sad :( I have been placed on hold due to low quant

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Very sad :( I have been placed on hold due to low quant [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2017, 03:43
I have managed to score quant 45 59% and verbal 31 62% overall 650 69%. I wanted to go to bocconi so i applied early as they said and they put me on hold and the only way to assess my application again is if i score 75-80% quant. I mean com on ... we all know that gmat quant scores are inflated and 5 years ago or 10 45 quant was a decent score. What should i do? My score ranged from 44 to 49 from gmatprep scores.

I must sit the gmat before the 8 of june.Is it possible to do that? I haven't studied for the gmat since the 6 of december.

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 8

Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Very sad :( I have been placed on hold due to low quant [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2017, 02:03
born222 wrote:
I have managed to score quant 45 59% and verbal 31 62% overall 650 69%. I wanted to go to bocconi so i applied early as they said and they put me on hold and the only way to assess my application again is if i score 75-80% quant. I mean com on ... we all know that gmat quant scores are inflated and 5 years ago or 10 45 quant was a decent score. What should i do? My score ranged from 44 to 49 from gmatprep scores.

I must sit the gmat before the 8 of june.Is it possible to do that? I haven't studied for the gmat since the 6 of december.

If they say so there's no option for you.....for 75-80%ile you need a Q49......some bit of work needs to be put in.......definitely possible in the 2+ months of time you have......

+1 kudos if you find this useful
GMAT 1: 750 (Q50; V40; IR 8; AWA 5.5)
Debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/first-attempt-750-q50-v40-ir-8-awa-245721.html

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2017, 14:36
I still have acess to magoosh. I also have mgmat books + advanced quant. How much should i study each day ? Is there a program for me to follow ?

During the real gmat i messed up 2 questions due to timing. I used to practise on paper and not on the thing that they give you on test day. I used to write down on each page how much time i have left but during the test day ive made a stupid mistake and skipped two questions.

I think that even if i score a 48 i will get accepted. So i was thinking if i should sit two times the test.One time in may and one in june. Does this sound good?

Posted from my mobile device

Manager
Manager
S

Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2017, 00:25
born222 wrote:
I still have acess to magoosh. I also have mgmat books + advanced quant. How much should i study each day ? Is there a program for me to follow ?

During the real gmat i messed up 2 questions due to timing. I used to practise on paper and not on the thing that they give you on test day. I used to write down on each page how much time i have left but during the test day ive made a stupid mistake and skipped two questions.

I think that even if i score a 48 i will get accepted. So i was thinking if i should sit two times the test.One time in may and one in june. Does this sound good?

Posted from my mobile device

MGMAT and OG should be fine. Just focus on areas where you either take long to solve or have low accuracy. Ya taking it in May is a good idea. You'll have time for another shot in case that doesn't go favourably.

+1 kudos if you find this useful
GMAT 1: 750 (Q50; V40; IR 8; AWA 5.5)
Debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/first-attempt-750-q50-v40-ir-8-awa-245721.html

Re: Very sad :( I have been placed on hold due to low quant   [#permalink] 02 Apr 2017, 00:25