It is currently 11 Dec 2017, 02:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

welcome weekend

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

welcome weekend [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2016, 17:36
Any thoughts on bringing partners with you to the welcome weekend?

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
D

Kudos [?]: 29337 [0], given: 5290

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: welcome weekend [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2016, 17:44
kvw547239 wrote:

Probably depends a bit on the partner :-)

Wife/Husband - definitely (if they are interested and comfortable going, which I hope they would be)

GF/BF - depends on how serious you are. You don't want someone you are not going to stick for long change your influence your decision long term

Same Sex Partner - it is probably fine and almost the same as two buckets above but you don't want the most memorable thing about you being your orientation and people tend to notice/focus on these things, so I would introduce/bring them after you had a chance to establish your reputation and feel comfortable in the group.

Ultimately the choice is yours if you are not married. The choice is theirs if you are :-D

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 29337 [0], given: 5290

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 32

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.97
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge
welcome weekend [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2016, 07:58
kvw547239 wrote:

I will be bringing my GF (hopefully soon to be fiancée). She will be moving to New Haven as well so it just made sense for her to come to Welcome Weekend.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 32

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2016, 08:01
JLAR2107 wrote:
kvw547239 wrote:

I will be bringing my GF (hopefully soon to be fiancée). She will be moving to New Haven as well so it just made sense for her to come to Welcome Weekend.

Great, thanks. My BF won't be moving with me the first year, so it's less straightforward. But, he'll be there a lot and likely moving there in year two so I think it would be good for him to come as well.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2016, 08:01
bb wrote:
kvw547239 wrote:

Wife/Husband - definitely (if they are interested and comfortable going, which I hope they would be)

GF/BF - depends on how serious you are. You don't want someone you are not going to stick for long change your influence your decision long term

Same Sex Partner - it is probably fine and almost the same as two buckets above but you don't want the most memorable thing about you being your orientation and people tend to notice/focus on these things, so I would introduce/bring them after you had a chance to establish your reputation and feel comfortable in the group.

Ultimately the choice is yours if you are not married. The choice is theirs if you are :-D

Thanks!

Current Student
B

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 14

Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2017, 05:28
Back when I attended, my GF joined me in traveling from Europe as it made us more comfortable diving into a long-distance relationship. She had a great time and spent some time with a diverse group of partners, ranging from GF/BF to same sex partners to present-day and future wives and husbands. So fully agree with all of the below, except for saying that the "Same Sex Partner" section remark is true for all categories - noone gets singled out for who they bring.

bb wrote:
kvw547239 wrote:

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 14

Expert Post
Board of Directors
B

Kudos [?]: 574 [0], given: 345

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2017, 15:17
Bring whoever you want of importance to you and your bschool decision. You want them to feel comfortable too if they're going to hang around you and your new friends for the next 2 years. They'll have a chance to meet other partners too (husbands, wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, super good friends, everyone's welcome).

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Note: I do not complete individual profile reviews. Please use the Admissions Consultant or Peer Review forums to get feedback on your profile.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 574 [0], given: 345

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

GMAT 2: 740 Q42 V47
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2017, 16:02
Off topic, but is the Partners Club open to people living outside New Haven? My gf will be living in NYC and has expressed interest since she will be around plenty of weekends.

I can't imagine the rules are hard and fast for the social aspect of the club, but just wondering if anyone has perspective on that.

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Board of Directors
B

Kudos [?]: 574 [1], given: 345

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2017, 16:20
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
blackcoffee2016 wrote:
Off topic, but is the Partners Club open to people living outside New Haven? My gf will be living in NYC and has expressed interest since she will be around plenty of weekends.

I can't imagine the rules are hard and fast for the social aspect of the club, but just wondering if anyone has perspective on that.

Great question. The partners club is open to all partners (married, not married, kinda sorta a thing) -- as long as you consider the person your partner, everyone's welcome. This is regardless of sex, gender, orientation, age, location, etc, etc.

@blackcoffee - Your gf will be in great company. There are a lot of partners in the general DC to Boston region due to proximity so they'll have chances to come to campus ANd they'll also hang out together without you all who have to be in school! When I was at SOM the partners in Boston and NYC were super active and they'd all hang out and make us jealous haha

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Note: I do not complete individual profile reviews. Please use the Admissions Consultant or Peer Review forums to get feedback on your profile.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 574 [1], given: 345

Intern
Intern

GMAT 2: 740 Q42 V47
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2017, 06:11
aerien wrote:

blackcoffee - Your gf will be in great company. There are a lot of partners in the general DC to Boston region due to proximity so they'll have chances to come to campus ANd they'll also hang out together without you all who have to be in school! When I was at SOM the partners in Boston and NYC were super active and they'd all hang out and make us jealous haha

Great to know - thanks!

Re: welcome weekend   [#permalink] 19 Jan 2017, 06:11

welcome weekend

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap