It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 10:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What on earth is going on?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 15

What on earth is going on? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2017, 23:52
My exam is on Monday - three days to go.

I started on my last mgmat practice test today and decided to do the verbal section first. Verbal is by far my strongest, and the reason I take it first is so that I feel can feel good about myself going into quant, whereas if it were the other way around, I'd probably start the verbal thinking I had bombed quant (because i usually tend to do so.)

Long story short. 4 questions into the test and I started to worry that I had gotten the 3rd one incorrect. All of a sudden my mind became hazy and I literally could not figure out head or tail of what the question was asking me. This continued throughout the rest of the test and by the time I was done, I was sure that I'd completely screwed it (probably like a V 20 or something). The tons of glaringly easy questions that the test was piling upon me during the second half was a sureshot indicate of this.

I was so out of it, that I decide to just skip the entire math + IR + AWA just so that I could see my low score and sink further into depression.

Final score: 410

IR: 0
Quant: 0% (somehow it still gave me a score of 6? not sure wtf that means)
Verbal: 45 - 99%

Excuse me? what's going on here?

Is there something funny with MGMAT verbal?

I'd gotten, a 45,32,38,37,40, on my previous five attempts, and i distinctly remember thinking to myself that I had nailed the verbal on the previous attempt (before it a 37 popped out at me).

Its 3 days to my test and I'm stressed as hell at the inconsistency of my scores.

On the official gmat prep, my verbal has been 40 and 40. I just bought 2 extra ones and plan to do one later in the evening.

Did i get lucky? Because I don't want luck to be the factor the decided if i get a 32V or a 45V. Hell, I want a 51 V (to make up for quant).

I don't even know why im typing this post. A rant perhaps. I just want some assurance. Someone to tell me, 'Hey Cal, luck alone can't have been responsible for 4 90% scores on verbal :(

Also, any tips on getting thoroughly depressed midway through a sections? Like breathing exercises or something? I donno lol, I'm so done with this bloody thing.

Edit: I should also probably add that I had to pause like 6 times during the last ten minutes to go wash my face, and then skim/guessed the last 6 answers in over a total of 1 minute and got them all correct.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

CAT Tests
Re: What on earth is going on? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2017, 00:34
Hey Cal, luck alone couldn't have been responsible for 4 90% scores on verbal :)

I am sure you just had an off day and it happened with me too when i gave my 1st full CAT. Just keep doing what you have been doing and everything will be alright. Just take the exam lightly and do not put much pressure on yourself. Best of luck for your exam dude.

~A
Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Re: What on earth is going on? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2017, 00:50
Haha, thanks Jindal. And you corrected my grammatical error too! :D

Re: What on earth is going on?   [#permalink] 01 Sep 2017, 00:50

What on earth is going on?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap