Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:05 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.4
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 394 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Send PM
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Any domestic applicants receive invites?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
farful wrote:
Any domestic applicants receive invites?

I'm domestic.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats to all who've gotten interview invites so far!

If you're still waiting, try not to let this make you panic or start doubting your application. I applied in round 1 and received an invite relatively late but was accepted with scholarship $$. I know it's hard not to get anxious every time someone posts, but the timing of your invite truly doesn't reflect the quality of your app.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
DefyingGravity wrote:
Congrats to all who've gotten interview invites so far!

If you're still waiting, try not to let this make you panic or start doubting your application. I applied in round 1 and received an invite relatively late but was accepted with scholarship $$. I know it's hard not to get anxious every time someone posts, but the timing of your invite truly doesn't reflect the quality of your app.

Posted from my mobile device

this is pretty true-I was probably one of the last applicants to interview and I did everything possible to get to campus for the interview - I also got in! Keep your head up!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
dropkicksam wrote:
otsuyucha wrote:
I got an invite too! Does anyone know whether requesting an off-campus interview such as in Shanghai or a skype interview would hurt my chance to get accepted?

It's not going to impact your chances one way or the other.

Thank you dropkicksam!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
I also received the invite to interview email on Friday (1/17). It took me completely by surprise - SO quick! Definitely started my weekend off right :) Good luck to everyone else out there!

I'm a domestic applicant (F/Consulting/West Coast).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Hello current SOM students and applicants,

I plan to apply to Yale SOM class of 2017 and was wondering if I could receive some insights on the Yale Philanthropy Conference hosted by Yale SOM on 2/7/2014.

I just read about YPC (ypc.yale.edu) and I thought it would be a great opportunity for me to go for two reasons.

1. I am an aspiring future applicant and it would be a great opportunity for me to visit Yale (especially the new Building :)) and perhaps talk to some current students.

2. I have been working on a non-profit start up for some time now and I think I could learn some wonderful knowledge at this conference. I hope to bring my non-profit board members to come with me as well!

What are your thoughts on this conference? Is it for someone like me (It is actually quite expensive $110/person and hotel and I plan to pay for my board members)? What are some ways for me to meet/talk to some current students? Lastly, any restaurant recommendations? :)

Thanks in advance!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
applebees wrote:
Hello current SOM students and applicants,

I plan to apply to Yale SOM class of 2017 and was wondering if I could receive some insights on the Yale Philanthropy Conference hosted by Yale SOM on 2/7/2014.

I just read about YPC (ypc.yale.edu) and I thought it would be a great opportunity for me to go for two reasons.

1. I am an aspiring future applicant and it would be a great opportunity for me to visit Yale (especially the new Building :)) and perhaps talk to some current students.

2. I have been working on a non-profit start up for some time now and I think I could learn some wonderful knowledge at this conference. I hope to bring my non-profit board members to come with me as well!

What are your thoughts on this conference? Is it for someone like me (It is actually quite expensive $110/person and hotel and I plan to pay for my board members)? What are some ways for me to meet/talk to some current students? Lastly, any restaurant recommendations? :)

Thanks in advance!

If you're interested in the conference and have the $$ to pay for your ticket, definitely check it out! It would be an interesting way to get to know what types of activities current students get involved in (it's a student-run conference), the interests of the students, as well as what it's like to be in New Haven. It is not affiliated with admissions in any way though, so attending the conference is only a way for you to express your interest in the school.

Conference details and registration info are here: https://ypc.yale.edu/

Ways to meet current students: Reach out while you're there or reach out to the admissions ambassadors of the Net Impact Club and they could connect you to the appropriate people. (https://som.yale.edu/our-programs/full-t ... mbassadors)

Restaurant recommendations: New Haven has everything. Definitely check out the pizza while you're here. @OhDenny can give you a more comprehensive list of suggestions!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 394 [1]
Given Kudos: 155
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Send PM
Kudos
I'm way too familiar with restaurants of New Haven. I'll just give a few highlights before OhDenny gets here!

First off, New Haven is known for their apizza. The three most popular are Pepe, Modern and Sally's. Of these three I like Modern the most, but my absolute favorite is a mashed potato, bacon, and garlic pizza from Bar. If you want a traditional apizza, get a white clam pizza from Pepe.

My favorite restaurant in general is Caseus. It's owned by a dude named Sobocinski who knows everything about cheese. He travels all over the world to find the best cheeses - he's even been on the Cooking Channel to talk about cheese. Him and his brother run it and opened up a new bar called Ordinary as well.

Miya's Sushi is a great non-traditional sushi place. They're about sustainability, local, blah, blah, and have interesting variety of sushi, such as curry and cauliflower. Great choice in drink is their Chinese firecracker sake.

Other great restaurant choices include Barcelona, for Tapas and wine, and Zinc.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Missing app materials - I got a notification saying my GMAT score report has not been received by the admissions office. Really strange, re-checked that I had sent it 10 days prior to the deadline and for the right course.

I have only until 3 days to ensure the scores are received by Yale. Sent an e-mail to the adcom, called as well but Admissions Office seems to be closed today.

Anyone ever faced a similar situation?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
TheStrategist wrote:
Missing app materials - I got a notification saying my GMAT score report has not been received by the admissions office. Really strange, re-checked that I had sent it 10 days prior to the deadline and for the right course.

I have only until 3 days to ensure the scores are received by Yale. Sent an e-mail to the adcom, called as well but Admissions Office seems to be closed today.

Do you have a receipt of your request to send additional score reports with Yale's name on it? I would send that alongside a PDF of your score report in the interim. You can also call GMAC and rush order additional score reports if necessary/
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
machichi wrote:
TheStrategist wrote:

Do you have a receipt of your request to send additional score reports with Yale's name on it? I would send that alongside a PDF of your score report in the interim. You can also call GMAC and rush order additional score reports if necessary/

It's also a US holiday today, so that's why the admissions office is closed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
machichi wrote:
TheStrategist wrote:

Hello,

I received the same notification for missing materials. I was under the impression that Yale did not require official score reports until candidates were being admitted (like other schools). So I e-mailed back with a copy of my scanned report just in case, but of course they are closed today so I can't rest assure yet.

Do you know if Yale absolutely requires an official score report from GMAC? If so, I shall see if a rush delivery can be arranged now.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
yulkim wrote:
machichi wrote:
TheStrategist wrote:

Hello,

I received the same notification for missing materials. I was under the impression that Yale did not require official score reports until candidates were being admitted (like other schools). So I e-mailed back with a copy of my scanned report just in case, but of course they are closed today so I can't rest assure yet.

Do you know if Yale absolutely requires an official score report from GMAC? If so, I shall see if a rush delivery can be arranged now.

Thanks!

It does. you should rush it but still might be too late.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
machichi wrote:
TheStrategist wrote:

This thought crossed my mind, but the same score fulfilment report was sent to UCLA, Ross, Booth, Yale and Rotman having explicit mention of all schools in that single mail. I wasn't particularly comfortable sharing all that with Yale SOM. But if push comes to shove maybe I will, tonight.

I spoke to GMAC and they are pretty confident Yale would be able to locate it if tried again. So maybe one more shot at contacting Admissions Office otherwise resend. Pretty crappy set of circumstances.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
farful wrote:
I'm way too familiar with restaurants of New Haven. I'll just give a few highlights before OhDenny gets here!

First off, New Haven is known for their apizza. The three most popular are Pepe, Modern and Sally's. Of these three I like Modern the most, but my absolute favorite is a mashed potato, bacon, and garlic pizza from Bar. If you want a traditional apizza, get a white clam pizza from Pepe.

My favorite restaurant in general is Caseus. It's owned by a dude named Sobocinski who knows everything about cheese. He travels all over the world to find the best cheeses - he's even been on the Cooking Channel to talk about cheese. Him and his brother run it and opened up a new bar called Ordinary as well.

Miya's Sushi is a great non-traditional sushi place. They're about sustainability, local, blah, blah, and have interesting variety of sushi, such as curry and cauliflower. Great choice in drink is their Chinese firecracker sake.

Other great restaurant choices include Barcelona, for Tapas and wine, and Zinc.

These are all great choices. I'd add Rudy's if you're just looking for a burger/downscale meal, and Rice Pot (East Rock) or Thai Taste (Downtown) for Thai food.

Also - you should definitely head over for the Philanthropy Conference. Every year we see about a half-dozen prospective students there. It truly is a great way to get to know the inner workings of leadership at the school (like aerie said, the entire thing is student led - I helped run it last year), as well as getting to know the philosophy of SOM in general. (Educating leaders for business & society; The world is more complex than you think, etc.) It'll be a very different view than your standard campus visit (though you should do one of those too). For those of you in New York, there's also the MBA Innovation Summit, which we run with Wharton and Columbia, coming up next month.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
When's the last day of interview invites? I have no idea that they are already sending out invites. That's so quick!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  30   31   32   33   34   35   36  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts