It is currently 23 Sep 2017, 16:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Advise needed on lack of basic knowledge on specific topics

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Advise needed on lack of basic knowledge on specific topics [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2017, 08:35
Hello all,

I have been practicing the Quantitative section for a while now and I am doing great on nearly all types of questions.
I do not improve on the last few types of questions because I simply do not understand the basics. This is where I could use your help!

I am having issues with the following:

Properties of numbers (accounts for 1/4 of my errors)
Equations (all types, accounts for 1/4 of my errors)
Operations on radical expressions and operations on rational numbers (1/4 of errors)

The last 1/4 is mainly because I fail to read questions thorougly/try to rush the question text. I can solve this myself (lack of focus due to high amounts of practice).

Do you have any tips for me how to improve on the basic for the issues listed above?
I if can solve this I will be 100% sure I will get the score that I need! (600)

Thank you in advance!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Manager
Manager
P

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 17

sandeep : sharma
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.9
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Advise needed on lack of basic knowledge on specific topics [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2017, 09:21
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Ruesink wrote:
Hello all,

I have been practicing the Quantitative section for a while now and I am doing great on nearly all types of questions.
I do not improve on the last few types of questions because I simply do not understand the basics. This is where I could use your help!

Operations on radical expressions and operations on rational numbers (1/4 of errors)

The last 1/4 is mainly because I fail to read questions thorougly/try to rush the question text. I can solve this myself (lack of focus due to high amounts of practice).

Do you have any tips for me how to improve on the basic for the issues listed above?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Ruesink ,
Read MGMAT quant books and GMAT club math book to clear your concepts on quant.
even after that if you face difficulty , plz let me know . I will mail you pdfs on that particular topics.

Thanks
71 tough IR questions |sc-ppt-the-best-resource-for-gmat-sc-from-ivy-gmat |cr-ppt-the-best-resource-for-gmat
218-ds-questions-for-practice
awa-ppt-the-best-resource-for-gmat
new-critical-reasoning-super-megathread-updated

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 17

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Math Expert
V

Kudos [?]: 124659 [1], given: 12079

Re: Advise needed on lack of basic knowledge on specific topics [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2017, 11:48
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Ruesink wrote:
Hello all,

Thank you in advance!

The following two topics should have everything you need for the test:
ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT ! ! !
Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread

Hope it helps.

New to the Math Forum?
Please read this: Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread | All You Need for Quant | PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW: 12 Rules for Posting!!!

Resources:
GMAT Math Book | Triangles | Polygons | Coordinate Geometry | Factorials | Circles | Number Theory | Remainders; 8. Overlapping Sets | PDF of Math Book; 10. Remainders | GMAT Prep Software Analysis | SEVEN SAMURAI OF 2012 (BEST DISCUSSIONS) | Tricky questions from previous years.

Collection of Questions:
PS: 1. Tough and Tricky questions; 2. Hard questions; 3. Hard questions part 2; 4. Standard deviation; 5. Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions; 6. Probability and Combinations Questions With Solutions; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 12 Easy Pieces (or not?); 9 Bakers' Dozen; 10 Algebra set. ,11 Mixed Questions, 12 Fresh Meat

DS: 1. DS tough questions; 2. DS tough questions part 2; 3. DS tough questions part 3; 4. DS Standard deviation; 5. Inequalities; 6. 700+ GMAT Data Sufficiency Questions With Explanations; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 The Discreet Charm of the DS; 9 Devil's Dozen!!!; 10 Number Properties set., 11 New DS set.

What are GMAT Club Tests?
Extra-hard Quant Tests with Brilliant Analytics

Kudos [?]: 124659 [1], given: 12079

Re: Advise needed on lack of basic knowledge on specific topics   [#permalink] 10 Aug 2017, 11:48

Advise needed on lack of basic knowledge on specific topics

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap