Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:23 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1146 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Maritime Financial Services
Schools:Columbia, INSEAD, RSM, LBS
 Q49  V36 GMAT 2: 720  Q48  V41
Send PM
Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Send PM
Re: All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews [#permalink]
Buying a new copy of any of the Strategy Guides will indeed guarantee you access to the 6 CATs. If you buy the SC Guide, you'll also get access to the SC Question Bank (25 extra questions).

Here are a couple links for buying the Manhattan GMAT Sentence Correction Strategy Guide 4th Edition:

On Manhattan GMAT's website: https://www.manhattangmat.com/storeitems ... 26&catid=6
On Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Sentence-Correcti ... 539&sr=8-1

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
Schools: Hult (A)
GMAT 1: 570 Q33 V35
GPA: 3.17
Send PM
BB,
Do you know, if I order the Manhattan number properties book from Amazon, will I still get access to the 6 practice exams?
Thanks
Send PM
jmcooks wrote:
BB,
Do you know, if I order the Manhattan number properties book from Amazon, will I still get access to the 6 practice exams?
Thanks

Hey,

Purchasing a new Number Properties Strategy Guide from Amazon will indeed guarantee you access to the 6 Computer Adaptive Practice Exams. Purchasing a used copy does not guarantee you access because the previous owner may have already used the registration code. Hope this helps!

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Manhattan GMAT
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1146 [0]
Concentration: Maritime Financial Services
Schools:Columbia, INSEAD, RSM, LBS
 Q49  V36 GMAT 2: 720  Q48  V41
Send PM
Matt is it possible to purchase a soft copy of the SC guide ( if there is one available ) and get access to the 6 CATS and the SC question bank ?
I have 10 days for my GMAT dont want to wait for shipping of the hard copy.
Thnx
Send PM
IEsailor wrote:
Matt is it possible to purchase a soft copy of the SC guide ( if there is one available ) and get access to the 6 CATS and the SC question bank ?
I have 10 days for my GMAT dont want to wait for shipping of the hard copy.
Thnx

Hey,

If you have an e-reader than you can purchase an electronic version of our Strategy Guides on bookseller websites like Amazon.com. Good luck on the GMAT!

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Manhattan GMAT
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: University of Tehran
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Grad GPA: 4
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Wharton
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Retail)
Send PM
bb, the OG companion from Manhattan also comes with free access to the 6 CATs. You may update
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
I have 3 Manhattan tests left but that won't be enough, as I still suck at Verbal and still getting my concepts clear, need more tests over the weekends to access my preparation. Looking for 3 more good tests.

I also have 2 Princeton Review (PR) tests left, but I DON'T TRUST them anymore - how can I get 100% correct in Quant with 30+ minutes left in that section for the 2 times that I gave PR CAT tests. This is totally ridiculous, when in Manhattan I have always got 3-5 wrong with 10-15 mins left and I feel the 800 level MGMAT Quant problems are good challenge. So I am guessing PR tests are just fluke, and hence I don't trust their Verbal as well anymore.

Please recommend if I should continue with the rest of the tests in PR? Or should I buy Kaplan book for the tests?

Please advice.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: University of Tehran
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Grad GPA: 4
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Wharton
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Retail)
Send PM
abhicoolmax wrote:
I have 3 Manhattan tests left but that won't be enough, as I still suck at Verbal and still getting my concepts clear, need more tests over the weekends to access my preparation. Looking for 3 more good tests.

I also have 2 Princeton Review (PR) tests left, but I DON'T TRUST them anymore - how can I get 100% correct in Quant with 30+ minutes left in that section for the 2 times that I gave PR CAT tests. This is totally ridiculous, when in Manhattan I have always got 3-5 wrong with 10-15 mins left and I feel the 800 level MGMAT Quant problems are good challenge. So I am guessing PR tests are just fluke, and hence I don't trust their Verbal as well anymore.

Please recommend if I should continue with the rest of the tests in PR? Or should I buy Kaplan book for the tests?

Please advice.

If I'm not mistaken, after you finish the six CATs, you can reset the CATs and retake them for free. I believe that Manhattan has such a great question pool that doing so doesn't mean seeing too many repeated question. Of course, the results for the second set may not as as accurate as the first. However, it's good for testing and time management purposes.
Send PM
saeedt wrote:
abhicoolmax wrote:

Please advice.

If I'm not mistaken, after you finish the six CATs, you can reset the CATs and retake them for free. I believe that Manhattan has such a great question pool that doing so doesn't mean seeing too many repeated question. Of course, the results for the second set may not as as accurate as the first. However, it's good for testing and time management purposes.

Hey,

If you have three Manhattan GMAT Computer Adaptive Tests left, I wouldn't recommend taking any more practice tests in such a short time span. If you take one practice test after the other, chances are that you won't improve in your problem areas. Instead, try carefully analyzing the results of each practice test by using Manhattan GMAT's Assessment Reports which are available in your Student Center. Determine your specific weaknesses and then focus on improving in those areas before taking another CAT. This way you'll also avoid burning yourself out by taking multiple CATs back to back. You can find a great article on analyzing your CAT performance here: https://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... ice-tests/

If you need help with verbal concepts, you might want to check out Manhattan GMAT's new book, Foundations of GMAT Verbal Strategy Supplement. This book provides easy-to-follow explanations of fundamental concepts and step-by-step application of these concepts to examples. It will help you clearly understand basic principles such as grammar, logic, and reading, while building core verbal skills for the GMAT. You'll also get access to the Foundations of Verbal Homework Bank of extra practice questions and detailed explanations not included in the book, as well as to the Foundations of Verbal Bonus Drill Set.

To see more information about Foundations of GMAT Verbal, click here: https://www.manhattangmat.com/storeitems ... 9&catid=10

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Manhattan GMAT
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Great info here! I will be taking a lot of these for practice once I finish my base review :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [0]
Schools:UNC Duke Kellogg
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.28
Send PM
I would stick to reliable sources for CAT exams: GMAC, MGMAT and Kaplan. There are more than 10 CATs among them. I have heard some good things about Knewton tests as well, but hard to imagine most people doing more than 10 full length CATs. Each practice CAT will easily take at least 5 hours (3.5 hrs to write the exam and at least 1.5 hours to review all the results in DETAIL!). Realistically -- how many people can / will spend more than 50 hours on practice tests alone?? Aside from the tests -- you have the OG questions to solve as well. I think it's more about quality than quantity. What's the point of doing 20 CATs -- if the questions don't reflect the tone of the GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Thanks for sharing this which can helpful for those students who are preparing for GMAT
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [0]
Schools:UNC Duke Kellogg
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.28
Send PM
This is a fantastic thread with so much useful information!..Keep up the great work guys...Saved some $$ too thanks to the free tests here.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.48
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi Matt,

I am taking second attempt at GMAT(700 the first time).

I already used all MGMAT CAT's (I even reset them and tried again).
But it was a year ago. and now I do not have access to them anymore.

Should I buy that package again?
I mean does it have large number of new questions ?

Thanks in Advance,
Anil
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.48
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi All,

I am retaking GMAT and I have exhausted all MGMAT's and Free CATs available from Kaplan/Knewton/Princeton.

So for my second round is Kaplan online CATs a possible option?

I have read that Kaplan material is not tough and may not be suitable for 700+ (I am now targeting 750).

Do I have any options left?
(I will be buying gmat club questions but looking for more stuff.)

Any pointers will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anil
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
i have pinged the MGMAT representatives to see if they can shed some light on this. Stay tuned :)
Send PM
anilwanted wrote:
Hi Matt,

I am taking second attempt at GMAT(700 the first time).

I already used all MGMAT CAT's (I even reset them and tried again).
But it was a year ago. and now I do not have access to them anymore.

Should I buy that package again?
I mean does it have large number of new questions ?

Thanks in Advance,
Anil

Hey,

Although we haven't added many new questions to the bank, chances are that since you took your CATs a year ago, you won't remember any repeat questions well enough to significantly affect your score. Moreover, if your skill level has improved, you may see more 700+ questions which you didn't see last time. I'd say that it would be worth it for you to repurchase the CATs. Alternatively, if you don't have all of Manhattan GMAT's Strategy Guides, you receive access to all 6 CATs with the purchase of just one. I'll also point out that we just released a new book, the Advanced GMAT Quant Strategy Supplement, which comes with advanced quant practice questions and a bonus drill set. You can read more about the book here: https://www.manhattangmat.com/storeitems ... 0&catid=10

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Manhattan GMAT
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  28