Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:13 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Ask GyanOne MBA Admission Consultants - Top Bschool Applications [#permalink]
Hello

I am looking forward to apply in international MBA programs for fall 2017 session. Could you please give me insight which programs I should choose for a career in management consulting post MBA.
My Profile:
Nationality/Gender/Age - Indian/M/27
GMAT- 720 (50,38)
Academic qualification - BTech, IIT Roorkee
CGPA - 8.43/10
10th- 88%
12th- 88%

Work experience:
A total of 6.5 years experience in manufacturing an engineering sector.
Currently working as Senior Engineer in engineering department of the one of India's largest manufacturing company. This is a public sector company as well.
~6.5 years experience in thermal power plants set up, plants operations, manufacturing of various components and selection of their materials.
- Consultant to Design group for material selection
- Responsible for quality control of incoming material.
- Vendor development and material inspection.
- Review various metallurgical processes like steel making, forging, casting, weld repair, heat treatment.
- Part of material management team.
~ Done number of projects as a leader as well as member to enhance productivity or to save money for the company.
~Done a course on project management

International Exposure:
Did internship in Germany for 3 month during BTech
Worked with people from diverse nationalities and ethnic backgrounds.

Extra –Curricular activities/Achievements:
Published a research paper in an International journal of high impact factor
Won various awards in paper presentation contest during BTech
Received DAAD scholarship to pursue internship in Germany
Organized various events during college festivals.

Post MBA plans:
Work in management/strategy consulting

Kindly evaluate my profile and let me know which schools Should I target. I have shortlisted some colleges like Emory, Hass, Darden, Anderson, Tuck. Pls tell me what are the chances in these colleges and some practical colleges as well. I will also be applying for indian clgs like ISB and IIMs.

Look forward to hearing back
Thanks
Panbhl
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Re: Ask GyanOne MBA Admission Consultants - Top Bschool Applications [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
panbhl wrote:
Hello

I am looking forward to apply in international MBA programs for fall 2017 session. Could you please give me insight which programs I should choose for a career in management consulting post MBA.
My Profile:
Nationality/Gender/Age - Indian/M/27
GMAT- 720 (50,38)
Academic qualification - BTech, IIT Roorkee
CGPA - 8.43/10
10th- 88%
12th- 88%

Work experience:
A total of 6.5 years experience in manufacturing an engineering sector.
Currently working as Senior Engineer in engineering department of the one of India's largest manufacturing company. This is a public sector company as well.
~6.5 years experience in thermal power plants set up, plants operations, manufacturing of various components and selection of their materials.
- Consultant to Design group for material selection
- Responsible for quality control of incoming material.
- Vendor development and material inspection.
- Review various metallurgical processes like steel making, forging, casting, weld repair, heat treatment.
- Part of material management team.
~ Done number of projects as a leader as well as member to enhance productivity or to save money for the company.
~Done a course on project management

International Exposure:
Did internship in Germany for 3 month during BTech
Worked with people from diverse nationalities and ethnic backgrounds.

Extra –Curricular activities/Achievements:
Published a research paper in an International journal of high impact factor
Won various awards in paper presentation contest during BTech
Received DAAD scholarship to pursue internship in Germany
Organized various events during college festivals.

Post MBA plans:
Work in management/strategy consulting

Kindly evaluate my profile and let me know which schools Should I target. I have shortlisted some colleges like Emory, Hass, Darden, Anderson, Tuck. Pls tell me what are the chances in these colleges and some practical colleges as well. I will also be applying for indian clgs like ISB and IIMs.

Look forward to hearing back
Thanks
Panbhl

Hi Panbhl

Thanks for posting. You have built up a good profile for yourself so congratulations on doing that first.

- Your academics and your GMAT score are both strong. No worries in terms of communicating your analytical skills. The IIT tag certainly helps.
- Your work experience should add significantly to your candidature as well. PSU experience can be an asset if you discuss the differentiated experience you have had in your essays. From vendor management to design, QC, and material management, you have rich experience. The downside can sometimes be than in PSUs, innovation and independence may be low. Still, your work impact seems quite good.
- Please note that papers etc dont really fall within ECA as such and may be seen more as an extension of your academic and professional work. Organizing fests will be seen as a relatively more minor contribution. ECA may be a slight area of concern for you.
- Your school selection does not seem to be consistent as of now. Would suggest that you create a portfolio of schools and then select schools carefully viz chances of admission and possibility of taking you to your ultimate goal of consulting best.
- ISB and IIMs are good choices but dont go below the top 3 IIMs.
- From the list you have, you might like to review Haas and Tuck as they dont seem to be great fits. Some other schools you may like to consider are Kelley, McCombs, Cornell, and Kenan Flagler. These are just broad recommendations.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Ask GyanOne MBA Admission Consultants - Top Bschool Applications [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
CEIBS China MBA Ranking, Class Profile and Successful Admits

CEIBS China MBA Ranking

CEIBS China MBA was ranked #1 in Asia (2015) by the Bloomberg Businessweek MBA rankings. The Financial Times MBA ranking (2016) ranks... CEIBS MBA Ranking

CEIBS China MBA Class Profile
The CEIBS MBA Class of 2017 has 195 members, from 27 diverse countries, with 39% of the class comrpising of international applicants. Around 37% of the class consists of women students. The class has an average GMAT score of...CEIBS MBA success stories

This post was first published on the GyanOne Blog[/img]

Originally posted by GyanOne on 30 Aug 2016, 04:43.
Last edited by GyanOne on 22 Apr 2020, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
ESSEC Masters in Management Ranking, Class Profile and Success Stories

ESSEC MiM is ranked third by FT Rankings and is an emerging option for students looking at top Masters in Management programs in Europe.

ESSEC MiM Success Stories
Navin is an engineer, having work experience of a few months in the Food Processing and Chemical industry. He has done internships at various chemical manufacturers, and notably, at the Bhabha Atomic Research Center as well! Navin is an aspiring consultant, and what helped him to make the cut at ESSEC was the excellent work he had done in his internships, the extensive research he did into ESSEC as a school and the MSc in Management as a program...ESSEC MiM Average GMAT

This post was first published on the GyanOne Blog[/img]

Originally posted by GyanOne on 30 Aug 2016, 23:20.
Last edited by GyanOne on 22 Apr 2020, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
McCombs MBA Ranking, Class Profile and Admission Success Stories

McCombs MBA, a top 20 US MBA program, is ranked #14 by Forbes and #17 by US News and World Report in 2015.

GyanOne has helped several applicants gain admission to this top MBA program (with scholarships). Mentioned below are success stories of some of them.

Ishan Agnihotri secured an admit in Texas McCombs MBA with USD40000 as a scholarship reward. He also secured an admit to the Johnson Cornell MBA, where he finally decided to go, with a scholarship of again USD40000.

Ishan is a professional with more than 5 number of years in...McCombs MBA Ranking

This post was first published on the GyanOne Blog

Originally posted by GyanOne on 07 Sep 2016, 06:00.
Last edited by GyanOne on 22 Apr 2020, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
ISB Reapplicant Chances | ISB Reapplicant Essay | ISB Reapplicant Success

ISB Reapplicant Strategy

Applying to ISB once again? Its not simply a matter of rearranging your essays, or ‘giving it another shot’. Successful ISB reapplicants take a hard look at what they could not succeed in doing the previous year, and try and fix the problems. Understanding ISB and one’s own profile is critical, but so is making sure that the quality of your next application leaves nothing to doubt. Here are the stories of some applicants who surmounted the reapplication challenge successfully.

Success Stories for ISB Reaaplicants

Working in the banking sector, Tripesh was a reapplicant to ISB in 2015. He had a work experience of two years at The Smart Cube as an analyst and two years at American Express, as a manager, before he decided to pursue management....ISB reapplicant chances

This post was frist published on the GyanOne Blog

Originally posted by GyanOne on 19 Sep 2016, 21:02.
Last edited by GyanOne on 22 Apr 2020, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Male Indian 29 years old.
Btech graduate with 58.8 % computer science engineering.

Xth std 78.8
XII th std. 75.1

Done grad in 2008.
Joined a software startup in 2008.

Joined state bank of India, as clerk in 2010. For better career again joined state bank of India as probationary officer in 2012 may. Sbi prob off considered one of the toughest tests in India. From then working as asst mngr. A total of 6 years of experience in banking industry.

I am currently a front end guy - currently handling premier banking services as relationship manager. I am responsible me for advances of the whole branch and a successfully the branch advances grew by 20 % which approx double the target given to us.
Became a member of million dollar round table by achieving sales of rs. 40 lacs of life insurance in 45 days.

Need to do a MBA in finance to boost my career.

Please guide me how much score I need in gmat for getting accepted in top 20 b schools of usa.
Even if i get that score do I stand a chance ?

Sent from my XT1562 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
shankzcse wrote:
Male Indian 29 years old.
Btech graduate with 58.8 % computer science engineering.

Xth std 78.8
XII th std. 75.1

Done grad in 2008.
Joined a software startup in 2008.

Joined state bank of India, as clerk in 2010. For better career again joined state bank of India as probationary officer in 2012 may. Sbi prob off considered one of the toughest tests in India. From then working as asst mngr. A total of 6 years of experience in banking industry.

I am currently a front end guy - currently handling premier banking services as relationship manager. I am responsible me for advances of the whole branch and a successfully the branch advances grew by 20 % which approx double the target given to us.
Became a member of million dollar round table by achieving sales of rs. 40 lacs of life insurance in 45 days.

Need to do a MBA in finance to boost my career.

Please guide me how much score I need in gmat for getting accepted in top 20 b schools of usa.
Even if i get that score do I stand a chance ?

Sent from my XT1562 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hi Shankzcse

Thanks for posting. Here is our assessment:

- You should be aiming at a GMAT score of 720+ to have a decent chance at top international schools.
- If you do get that score, you will certainly stand a chance. School selection will still be important, but your chances will also be there.
- Your current role is quite interesting and so is your story. You started at the bottom of the hierarchy, but worked your way up through your hard work, skills, and efforts. We think B-schools will really appreciate that.
- Some of your work achievements show your initiative and continued hunger for growth as well.
- We cannot comment on your chances at specific schools because we don't have an exact list/geography from your side. You can provide that later as needed once you have a GMAT score in hand.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
The HEC Paris MBA: Ranking and Class Profile

The HEC Paris MBA is ranked #15 in Global MBA rankings 2016 and is currently among the top MBA programs in Europe. HEC also offers a Masters in Management (MiM) degree to professionals with less or no work experience considering management education. The HEC MiM is ranked #2 by Financial Times Ranking in 2016. GyanOne MBA Admissions Consultants has a stellar success rate for HEC MBA Admissions.

HEC Paris MBA Class Profile
Himanshu had close to five years of experience when he decide to apply for an MBA at HEC, one of the top business schools in Europe. With a GMAT of 700, Himanshu is an Oil and Gas industry professional who has previously worked for Air Liquide Global E&C Solutions.

Himanshu started working with GyanOne towards the last admission rounds of HEC. He was working in the European region and had....HEC Paris MBA Ranking and Success

Originally posted by GyanOne on 23 Sep 2016, 05:00.
Last edited by GyanOne on 22 Apr 2020, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
How can You Improve your Profile to Get Into Richard Ivey School of Business?

Canada is increasingly becoming the preferred choice for earning an MBA for Indian applicants. A stable economy, good quality of education, good living standards, easy work permits, and community living are factors attracting applicants towards these top management educations options in Canada.

Richard Ivey MBA Success Stories

Ramis is a finance professional, with 7 years of solid experience in one of the Financial services firm in Canada. With a 670 on his GMAT....MBA in Rotman Canada

Originally posted by GyanOne on 27 Sep 2016, 02:17.
Last edited by GyanOne on 22 Apr 2020, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
HEC Paris Masters in Management: What You Need to Crack the MiM Admission?

HEC Paris Master in Management is a truly international management programs for young professionals, with students from more than 45 nationalities in its class. 42% of the HEC MiM class comprises of female applicants. Majority of the class comes from business administration and engineering undergraduate degrees, with the average GMAT score being 710.

With a 680 on his GMAT, this IIT Delhi engineer got into HEC with multiple scholarships (Eiffel Excellence scholarship and HEC scholarship).
Aditya had been a scholar from his school days and had won multiple Olympiads, competitions and awards for his scholastic achievements, apart from the regular festival and volunteer activities all college students contribute to. Though a highly ambitious young man....HEC Paris MiM

Originally posted by GyanOne on 01 Oct 2016, 07:41.
Last edited by GyanOne on 22 Apr 2020, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Duke Fuqua MBA Interview Questions

The Duke Fuqua business school is one of the most internationally focused schools in the U.S. Fuqua’s cross-continent MBA program brings students to five different cities—Dubai, New Delhi, St. Petersburg, Shanghai and Durham, North Carolina. The Fuqua MBA begins with an intense month of orientation including a 3-course Global Institute to prepare students to lead in a global environment. First year students have the opportunity to participate in 5 case competitions. Among them the VCIC Case Competition lets student investors and VC firms listen to real entrepreneurs pitch their ideas. The daytime MBA program at The Fuqua School of Business was ranked 8th (U.S.) by BusinessWeek 2015.

Duke Fuqua MBA Interview Questions
What kind of leader are you?
How do you deal with complexity at work?
What makes teams successful? Tell us 3...Duke Fuqua MBA Interview Questions

Originally posted by GyanOne on 12 Oct 2016, 08:09.
Last edited by GyanOne on 22 Apr 2020, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Working in the Oil and Gas Sector?? Here is a list of Best MBA Programs For You

Over the last 3 years, the price of oil has been rather, er…..slippery. At a high of $125 as recently as 2012, oil prices fell to just $30 by the beginning of 2016. They hover at around $40 currently, but the drop has been enough to send more than OPEC into panic mode. Oil and gas professionals, many of whom saw resurgent careers and rising demand for skills even through the global financial crisis (2008-10), are today facing an uncertain future. This is exacerbated by the fact that even oil majors have chosen to simply shut down some units. The MBA for oil and gas professionals is therefore an option for such professionals that presents an opportunity to .....While the M7 are of course outstanding across functions, the following MBA programs (organized by geography) are much in demand by oil and gas professionals. The MBA for oil and gas professionals

Originally posted by GyanOne on 03 May 2017, 05:34.
Last edited by GyanOne on 22 Apr 2020, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
MS vs MBA – Heres the Answer to This Dilemma For You?

MS vs MBA – this is a perennial question which troubles many an applicant as he/she stands at the cusp of deciding on the right program to pursue for further career growth. Should one pursue an MBA just because it is the more popular option? Is an MS instead going to be a better alternative because it will (in most cases) be lower cost? Is pursuing an MBA after MS anyway going to be a necessity? These questions don’t have simple answers, and many applicants will try to answer them through familiarity (doing what one’s circle of influence has done) or .....MS vs MBA – Which is Better and Why?

This blog post was first published on the GyanOne Blog

Originally posted by GyanOne on 08 May 2017, 03:32.
Last edited by GyanOne on 22 Apr 2020, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
MiM Now or MBA Later – Which One is Better?

It is one of the most critical conundrums a master’s applicant in business can face – should one pursue an MiM now or MBA later? The person looking at this decision is usually about to complete his/her Bachelor’s program, and is deciding on the best course of action for the future. The Master in Management and the Master in Business Administration are both popular, professional programs. Through this article, we discuss the pros and cons of choosing each side. Given this, one must carefully assess one’s objectives and future plans. Is the plan function-centric (e.g. expertise in marketing) or industry-centric (e.g. leadership in the technology industry)? This is the relevant question to begin with, and will help you get a better sense of the direction you must take. If you aspire for a management role, then gaining the...MiM Now or MBA Later

Originally posted by GyanOne on 12 May 2017, 02:10.
Last edited by GyanOne on 22 Apr 2020, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
ONE YEAR VS TWO YEAR MBA

It is an old argument. The one year MBA can be completed faster; the two year option is more comprehensive; the two year option is the ‘original MBA’; the one year option is part of a ‘rising trend’. We hear these arguments and many more like them every day. The one year MBA vs two year MBA debate is not new, but it rages on every year. Some applicants, without considering all the facts available to them, often decide to rule out programs of one type just because they do not understand all the facts around one year and two year MBA programs...One Year vs Two Year MBA

Originally posted by GyanOne on 31 Jul 2017, 05:28.
Last edited by GyanOne on 22 Apr 2020, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Already an MBA? Want to do a Second MBA from ISB? Read On

Every year, Indian School of Business (ISB) gets applications from thousands of applicants, a small but not insignificant portion of which comprises applicants who are seeking a second MBA from ISB. The reasons behind this choice could be many – career stagnation, insufficient learning from a first MBA, an industry or function change, or simply a desire to put one’s career on the fast track through a ‘premium’ MBA. All of these reasons (and more) are valid, and in this article we explore the viability of pursuing the second MBA from ISB...A Second MBA from ISB

This article was first published on the GyanOne Blog

Originally posted by GyanOne on 03 Aug 2017, 06:11.
Last edited by GyanOne on 22 Apr 2020, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  45