GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Aug 2019, 13:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Ask Sia Admissions

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Ask Sia Admissions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2019, 16:04
SiaAdmissions wrote:
Hi delmoneyy,

Thank you for your post. While your 720 overall GMAT is a great overall score, I recommend you increase your Quant (given you have 3-4 years before you apply). Provided your score is increased, good Recs, strong community engagement, receive promotions, have evidence of leadership, international exposure, AND clarity fo goals, you have a competitive profile. Spend the next 3-4 years strengthening your profile on all fronts.

Good luck!

delmoneyy wrote:
GMAT: 720 (Q47 V42 IR 8)

Age 23 (applying in 3-4 years)

Management Consulting

Top 30 undergrad (Finance)

Masters Degree in Information systems GPA 3.33

White Male from the USA

Chances at top 10 schools? (Assume good Recs, volunteer, promotions, international exposure)

Hi thank you for the response.

I will not be retaking the GMAT as I have taken it 4 times now to get a 720. Will this keep me from being competitive in the top 10?

Best,
Michael

Posted from my mobile device
Sia Admissions Representative
G
Affiliations: NYU, Yale

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2019, 06:28
Hi delmoneyy,

Your 720 will not impede you from being accepted to a Top 10 MBA program, but, as of now, the average GMAT score is ~730. Be sure that the rest of your application is top-notch.

Good luck with all your endeavors.

Susan

delmoneyy wrote:
SiaAdmissions wrote:
Hi delmoneyy,

Thank you for your post. While your 720 overall GMAT is a great overall score, I recommend you increase your Quant (given you have 3-4 years before you apply). Provided your score is increased, good Recs, strong community engagement, receive promotions, have evidence of leadership, international exposure, AND clarity fo goals, you have a competitive profile. Spend the next 3-4 years strengthening your profile on all fronts.

Good luck!

delmoneyy wrote:
GMAT: 720 (Q47 V42 IR 8)

Age 23 (applying in 3-4 years)

Management Consulting

Top 30 undergrad (Finance)

Masters Degree in Information systems GPA 3.33

White Male from the USA

Chances at top 10 schools? (Assume good Recs, volunteer, promotions, international exposure)

Hi thank you for the response.

I will not be retaking the GMAT as I have taken it 4 times now to get a 720. Will this keep me from being competitive in the top 10?

Best,
Michael

Posted from my mobile device

+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a complimentary profile evaluation
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2019, 11:26
My apologies!

I must have missed your reply. The mobile app somehow doesn't show it and I had to login on my laptop to read it.

Thanks a lot for your inputs! Much appreciated :)

SiaAdmissions wrote:
Hi Mon16,

Thank you for reaching out. I have responded to your post here. If you would like to continue the conversation offline, please reach out.

Good luck!

Mon16 wrote:
Hello!

Requesting a profile evaluation for Top 20 US schools, Cambridge Judge and NUS Singapore please.

Background and nationality: Female, Indian

Undergrad Information:
Graduated with a 9.0 of 10 CGPA from a non-IIT college in India.
I topped my university in my first year of Information Science branch beating around 2500 students and securing a maximum grade of S in 11/12 subjects. As a result of this I got a merit seat in Computer Science and then went onto complete the remaining 3 years of my undergrad as a computer science student.
(Information Science and Computer Science are essentially the same branches in India with almost the same curriculum - Computer Science is slightly on the tougher side)
I interned with a local IT company in my second year of engineering.
I was an active volunteer for 1.5 years at a well known NGO - I taught Math and Science to the students of Grade 8, 9 and 10.
An active volunteer at college cultural events too throughout my undergrad.

GMAT: 700 (Q47, V40) - I really need help deducing if this is sufficient to get me through US/UK/Singapore top schools!

Work experience and leadership:
In my last semester of undergrad - I interned for 6 months with a Fortune 100 US company and landed a job with them. Been working with them for the past 4 years in the capacity of a software developer.
I was promoted to Senior Associate in my second year and to Manager in my third year with them.
I lead the Scrum/Agile process for the team and am always the talking point when it comes to interacting with the US counterparts.
I am very well known throughout the global team to be able to multi-manage and communicate effortlessly. I usually lead all the team calls and am always depended most upon to manage the team dynamics.
I am also known to be extremely creative and won the best creative team award for my team at one of our Global events.
I am active member with the firm's Toastmasters club and have served on its club officers group for a year (as a Vice President of PR and as Club Secretary)
I have participated in public speaking competitions(won second place at Division level), hosted events(hosted the area and Division events in my city), mentored folks (mainly involves honing their public speaking and leadership skills by providing constructive feedback/evaluations for every project/level they complete and guiding them structure and prepare their speeches) all over my city. I mentor about 25 people within my home club. I have completed the first level of toastmasters international and am currently in the advanced level. I have been recognized with a special award for my exemplary contribution to Toastmasters as a mentor and as a fellow toastmaster.

All suggestions will be much appreciated. Many Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2019, 11:27
Mon16 wrote:
My apologies!

I must have missed your reply. The mobile app somehow doesn't show it and I had to login on my laptop to read it.

Thanks a lot for your inputs! Much appreciated :)

I do have a specific question targeted towards UK schools. Are Oxford/Cambridge doable with my current GMAT score?

SiaAdmissions wrote:
Hi Mon16,

Thank you for reaching out. I have responded to your post here. If you would like to continue the conversation offline, please reach out.

Good luck!

Mon16 wrote:
Hello!

Requesting a profile evaluation for Top 20 US schools, Cambridge Judge and NUS Singapore please.

Background and nationality: Female, Indian

Undergrad Information:
Graduated with a 9.0 of 10 CGPA from a non-IIT college in India.
I topped my university in my first year of Information Science branch beating around 2500 students and securing a maximum grade of S in 11/12 subjects. As a result of this I got a merit seat in Computer Science and then went onto complete the remaining 3 years of my undergrad as a computer science student.
(Information Science and Computer Science are essentially the same branches in India with almost the same curriculum - Computer Science is slightly on the tougher side)
I interned with a local IT company in my second year of engineering.
I was an active volunteer for 1.5 years at a well known NGO - I taught Math and Science to the students of Grade 8, 9 and 10.
An active volunteer at college cultural events too throughout my undergrad.

GMAT: 700 (Q47, V40) - I really need help deducing if this is sufficient to get me through US/UK/Singapore top schools!

Work experience and leadership:
In my last semester of undergrad - I interned for 6 months with a Fortune 100 US company and landed a job with them. Been working with them for the past 4 years in the capacity of a software developer.
I was promoted to Senior Associate in my second year and to Manager in my third year with them.
I lead the Scrum/Agile process for the team and am always the talking point when it comes to interacting with the US counterparts.
I am very well known throughout the global team to be able to multi-manage and communicate effortlessly. I usually lead all the team calls and am always depended most upon to manage the team dynamics.
I am also known to be extremely creative and won the best creative team award for my team at one of our Global events.
I am active member with the firm's Toastmasters club and have served on its club officers group for a year (as a Vice President of PR and as Club Secretary)
I have participated in public speaking competitions(won second place at Division level), hosted events(hosted the area and Division events in my city), mentored folks (mainly involves honing their public speaking and leadership skills by providing constructive feedback/evaluations for every project/level they complete and guiding them structure and prepare their speeches) all over my city. I mentor about 25 people within my home club. I have completed the first level of toastmasters international and am currently in the advanced level. I have been recognized with a special award for my exemplary contribution to Toastmasters as a mentor and as a fellow toastmaster.

All suggestions will be much appreciated. Many Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Ask Sia Admissions   [#permalink] 08 Aug 2019, 11:27

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 44 posts ] 

Ask Sia Admissions

new topic post reply Update application status