GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Oct 2018, 21:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Backup Schools - Which ones are worth going to?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Backup Schools - Which ones are worth going to?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2017, 02:48
Hi,

So I applied to Ross, NYU, Marshall and the likes in round 2 but have got rejects from all.

Needed help in considering my backup schools. Which ones are good ?

Gmat score: 650, 42 Q 38 V

Currently considering cass and imperial. How is baruch?
VP
VP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Backup Schools - Which ones are worth going to?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2017, 03:13
krishikashah1992 wrote:
Hi,

So I applied to Ross, NYU, Marshall and the likes in round 2 but have got rejects from all.

I am very sorry to hear this, I realize it must be disappointing. However before you decide to focus on lower-ranked programs, I encourage you to get some objective input on your applications for those schools, and get a good handle on why you were rejected (especially from programs where the GMAT 80% median starts at around 620 or so.)

Do you have any ability to retake the GMAT? Even 25 more points would really boost your chances. I would really encourage you to do that and/or do MBA Math to show you have solid quant skills (see mbamath.com, and online math program that holds a fair amount of credibility - you can send your transcripts directly to the schools.)

There is nothing downright terrible about the programs you are mentioning, but if there are some steps you can take to increase your competitiveness within the same rank of schools, I would do that first. Review the graduating salaries for the different programs if you need some motivation ;-)

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Current Student
G
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Darden '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.09
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Backup Schools - Which ones are worth going to?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2017, 03:42
Without knowing your goal and profile, it would be difficult for others to recommend you a program.
However, I think it's best to only apply to programs that you really want to go.
I'd recommend that you should check the school employment report and talk to alumni/students.
If you think you can achieve your goal by going to Cass/Imperial then go for it.
However, if you want to work in the USA then it would make more sense to apply to US schools.
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2017, 06:58
krishikashah1992 wrote:
Hi,

Hi! First of all, at this point it is going to be hard to even make too many of the deadlines for R3 as these are fast approaching. You don't say how many years of work experience you have, but that matters as if you are not looking at 7+ yrs you may be best waiting now for R1. How many times have you taken GMAT? Also what do you want to do post MBA? You mention a few schools here where you did not get in, but I don't know for sure it was your GMAT- what is your GPA? quality of your work experience? did you visit these schools and demonstrate you understood how they can help and also how YOU can help them? So before just making a quick decision I suggest taking some time to regroup... We offer a ding analysis which could be the starting point to getting an objective assessment of what might have been the key factors in your denial. Then I would say that you look at what you want to do post MBA, draw a slightly wider circle around the programs that can get you there, consider what you can do in next 3 months to strengthen your profile and hit R1 hard. There can be many excellent programs that are going to be right for you. To continue exploring the options of how we could help you, I encourage you to reach out to this link for a free consult: http://stratusadmissionscounseling.com/ ... b-visitor/
In even just an hour or two we could give you some ideas of where you fell short and suggestions for where to go from here. Remember that resilience is a great quality and this is just part of your resilience story- if you want to find a great MBA program I know you can do it! I'm rooting for you!

Donna | Stratus Admissions | Schedule a Free Consult

Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2017, 15:11
When are you planning on applying? I would suggest waiting on R1 and spending some time improving your GMAT. This seems like an obvious area to improve your performance to take another stab at similarly ranked programs or even just a reapply

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Backup Schools - Which ones are worth going to? &nbs [#permalink] 15 Mar 2017, 15:11

Backup Schools - Which ones are worth going to?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap